Lisa Shea

Babies on the way!!

Posted By: Cristina

Babies on the way!! - 04/16/07 09:29 PM

It's been awhile since I posted on here and I just wanted to share with you guys that my pair Panchita and Chevy are expecting babies. The strange thing is that the nest box is outside the cage and I had put it inside the cage but Panchita is a wild child and she hates being inside the cage during the day. Long story short, she was spending a lot of time in the nest box until she eventually laid her first egg which was on March 30, 07 and ever since then she has been inside the box and comes out only to eat, stretch and also poop enormously! She laid a total of five eggs and the first one is set to hatch tomorrow!! and I can't wait!! This is my first time breeding and it's Panchita's first batch!! I am planning on keeping all the babies but my parents are also interested on getting some babies but I don't know if I will be able to give them up since I already feel attached to these 5 eggs.

Also one more thing, she has 2 males that are crazy about her which is Chevy and Cuchito and I know this sounds crazy but she loves Cuchito but Chevy is the father of the chicks and Cuchito isn't the father but he spends the most time with her and is always peeking his head outside the nest box and feeding her.

Here are some pictures:

Those are the eggs!! my grandchildren!! lol
[Linked Image]

These are the proud parents but I think Chevy (on the right) is more the sperm donor.
[Linked Image]

and this is Cuchito, he is taking care of her all day long and though he isn't even the dad
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hope you enjoy it!! grin
Posted By: Mira

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/16/07 09:38 PM

Aweee....my babies im so proud of them look at her pritty shiny eggs just like Mimi had it, but the best part of breeding is when babies start hatching u will see! give them all kiss for me! smile Congrants
Posted By: Stephen

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/16/07 09:38 PM

How exciting!! I hope they all hatch and are healthy! =)
You have to keep us updated on the babies just like Mira did. =)

ps: If you have too many keets I can take Cuchito for you. =) LOL!
I wonder what colors the babies will be...
Posted By: Skish

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/16/07 09:52 PM

what cute..eggs! Sounds strange but it's true smile
Also, Cuchito looks very puffy! But I think that's just that picture.
Posted By: AyEe Y0o

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/16/07 10:10 PM

Cristina head! Oh, my God! I'm so proud of my babies. My babies are having babies and it looks to me that all of the eggs are fertile. The reason of the eggs being show shiny is because she has been sitting on every one of them, which is a GREAT thing. Plus, the eggs look like pearly color, also indicating that the eggs are all fertile. Love them up for me!

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/16/07 10:21 PM

That's great news AyEe Y0o! I hope you are right that they are all fertile. =)

christinaness- Cuchito is an English budgie so of course he is puffy! =)

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/17/07 12:15 AM

Thanks for all the comments! and yes Cuchito is an English budgie, he is very puffy and a monster next to Panchita and Chevy lol.

and I hope you are right Aye! I checked all the eggs about a week ago and they all seemed fertile, I saw veins on 4 of them and the youngest egg had a bit of red so it might've been starting to develop. I'm so anxious to see these babies already and I think most will be green like the mom. I love greenies so I can't complain! =)
Posted By: big bad momma

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/17/07 01:55 AM

all I can say is wow how exciting.I pray all them hatch.your going to be a grandma.he he
Posted By: ShamRockStar

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/17/07 04:55 AM

green is dominant over blue so unless the mom is split to blue they will rpolly all be green smile

its so cute that cuchito is feeding her, what a lovely boyfriend to have smile if only all males of the animal kingdom were like that lol.

Also, am i wrong or do you have a keet named alicia? that's one of my best friends names and i just thought it was funny smile

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/17/07 05:54 AM

HEATHEsauresRex...yes I do have a keet that is named Alicia, lol! I named her after someone that was like a grandma to me and for some reason I always loved that name.

And tonight the first baby hatched out! Ahh! I almost went into hyperventilation when I saw the baby. It was beautifully the most ugliest little thing I've ever seen!

Here he/she is at only a few hours I think:

[Linked Image]

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/17/07 06:03 AM

Oh, kissh (NOT LITERALLY) the little pink thingy thing for me. It's sho kute! God, seeing that little pink butt is making me go back and look at baby photos of Mile, Echo and Gizmo! Love them up for us, Cristina head! 0=]

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/17/07 06:21 AM

i used to think baby budgies were so ugly...
now i think they're adorable lol smile
sooo cute smile
Posted By: Eddchen

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/17/07 01:37 PM

Congratulations on your new baby ! It's adorable :-)
Can't wait for more pics !
Posted By: Tweets

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/17/07 02:05 PM

AAAWWWW! How sweet!!! They are soooo small!! I can't get over how small!! So cute!! smile

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/20/07 04:42 AM

Hey guys! I want to give you an update! On Mon another chick hatched!

Here are the two babies together, I think they like eachother lol
[Linked Image]

and the third baby hatched today!!

[Linked Image] (the new baby in the one in the front. I'm not so sure why his eyes are lighter than the other two but maybe he has red eyes and is a lutino. I think I would faint if that was the case

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] (Panchita is feeding her chick and it's not easy and you could tell by how messy her face is lol)

[Linked Image] (that's Cuchito trying to get his fat butt into the nest hole, he's also feeding Panchita)

I'm so happy everything is working out so well and I hope it stays that way!! Thanks for looking! =)

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/20/07 04:46 AM

Hmmm.......i think it could be a lutino but im not really sure it could be Chevys JR! lmao
Posted By: Plumb_pudding

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/20/07 04:57 AM

OMG THATS SO FRICKEN CUTE!!!

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/20/07 05:00 AM

those look like lutino chick eyes to me smile

they's gorgeous smile

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/20/07 05:48 AM

nature at work new life.they look so tiny and helpless keep us up dated with pictures,can't wait to see them. I was in a petco today and i saw a large parakeet lay an egg in the food dish.I forget what the name of the breed of keet but it was the size of a small parrot.the colors were great one was even a purplish color.at first that's what I thought it was until I read the sign.I told a worker about the egg.when I finish shopping I checked and the egg was still there and the mommy was sitting on it. I left the store very angry.maybe i'm wrong the large keets do need a nesting box or anything?Heathesaurus Rex what tpe of keet was that.they wanted a hundred dollars for it.Punker Bear that goes for you too what the breed of that type of keet and why din't they remove her and the egg?

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/20/07 04:52 PM

AWWWWW!! They are soo small!! I am too much of a chicken to want keet babies!! But I LOVE to look at all the little ones pics as they grow!! SO keep sharing please!! smile

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/20/07 06:19 PM

she was probably either a lineolated parakeet or a grass keet which actually come from different parts of the world so they may very well have different breeding needs, also, I doubt the pet store is trying to breed her so the probably planned on just taking the egg away at the end of the day and hopefully replacing it with something smile
go back in a few days and if shes a) still sitting and EGG not a marble or anything or
b) has laid other eggs that havent been taken care of

I would say call animal control...
but im a bit of an extremist sometimes.
Posted By: Sunittles

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/21/07 02:10 AM

No, you're not.
That's what I'd do too Heather.
Sounds like a good plan to me. laugh

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/21/07 02:18 AM

aww, I'm in love with Cuchito!
Posted By: Confused

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/21/07 03:11 AM

If I went back and found the keet either sitting on the same egg or not sitting on anything at all, first I would go to the manager and find out what they intended to do with the bird. Then I would kindly but curtly inform them of bird needs.

If that didn't work, I'd call in other people.

I did that once with hermit crabs at a local petshop that sucks. I won't describe the conditions for those poor things they were so terrible. But I hounded the manager until they put the remaining crabs in an appropriate environment...I noticed that they stopped selling hermit crabs after that.

Bastards. Pet stores can be wonderful, but they can also be the worst thing on earth. Innocent animals as commodities-not good for the animal involved.
Posted By: Noel+Syd+Elliot

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/21/07 03:44 AM

All of my local petstores are preety good. But they dont know sometimes when a animals dies. Which is sad. frown

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/21/07 07:07 AM

I actually saw a sick budgie at petsmart one time, her feathers around her vent were all gone and what remained was crusted with poop so i told people like you need to take her out if only because she'll get the other birds sick. I told them three times and today I was finally like I need to speak to a manager and I told the manager what happened (including that I told three people and thye told me they'd take care of it) and then I wathced her take the bird out and take her over to the vet.
she had better not be there the next time i go back...
She was absolutely beautfiul and just a baby and I felt so bad for her but i can get another female right now... or really, ever smirk

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/22/07 06:42 AM

Yeah I've also ran into situations where bird's look sick and it really makes me mad. Awhile ago, a person, I believe at Petco, complained to an employee that one of the birds looked sick and it seems the next day the bird was gone and one of the employees or a few had killed the bird so there wouldn't be any vet bills. It's a terrible thing....

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/22/07 06:55 AM

OMG I would have sued them so fast...

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/22/07 11:45 AM

Ewww, that's discusting (the employee thing). :ek: Bleh...

But thse babits are so cte and I hope baby #3 turns out lutino!

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/22/07 05:59 PM

Just an update, one more baby hatched yesterday!

All four of my bald old man-looking grandkids!
[Linked Image]

It's easy to tell them apart by size, it's crazy how fast they grow up in a few days.

[Linked Image]

The nest gets dirty in just a few hours, these chicks are little poop machines.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d104/Tauress21/Picture002-4.jpg
[Linked Image]

That's mom and foster dad in there, Cuchito and his big butt take up the whole nest box space, lol
[Linked Image]

Cuchito
[Linked Image]

This is Chevy and the real dad of the chicks but this little guy is in his own world oblivious to what's going on with his own children lol
[Linked Image]

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/22/07 06:05 PM

Awww, their adorable! I hope the last one hatches too!
LOL, poor Cuchito, taking on the role of daddy to his nieces and nephews. =)

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/22/07 06:24 PM

lmao cuchito is the darlingest bird ever
give him a kiss for being such a good step daddy smile
Posted By: Coco's Mama

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/22/07 09:49 PM

LOL too funny a step budgie, poor mom. So many deadbeat daddys out there.

They are cute I take it the males role is to feed the mum while she sits on the eggs? Sweet.
The babies look like they are in pain, sorry not that they are i just mean i have not seen a lot of baby budgies and they look kinda gross in a sweet weird way they look sticky and wet and huddled together like they are cold. Is that just cos they just hatched or there skin is shiny and do they stay together out of instinct.

Sorry bout all the questions, but it is so fasinating.
it would be cool if they ended up a mix of the parents colours but I hear green is the strong gene.

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/22/07 11:13 PM

lol! Coco's Mama, the male does feed the female while she's in the nest, I also think he feeds the chicks. One time Panchita came out the nest and he went in to feed them and cover them up. They huddle together to keep eachother warm since they don't have any feathers. The mom will also keep them warm by almost sitting on them, she spreads her wings to cover them all and also incubates her last egg at the same time. The last one is due to hatch tomorrow, they have all hatched at 17 days.

I can't wait to see their feathers come out, I have a feeling they will be all greenies. Maybe the 3rd baby is a lutino but it's hard to say because one of the parents would have to be split for Lutino and there's no way to find out how their parents looked like.

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/22/07 11:19 PM

17 days wow, and do they lay 1 egg a day for 5 days or 4 as a general rule.

OMG they still sit on them, ok that kinda makes sense but they look like they would break. So tiny. Ok I have to know are they sticky or just shiny cos they look wet in the pics?

It will be exciting to see what colours come out int the feathers. How long do you have to wait for that?

Babybudgieboo care is alot of watching and waiting too I guess.

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/23/07 04:40 AM

They usually lay an egg every other day and they hatch in the same order that they were laid. The incubation period can be from 17-21 days depending on when the hen began to incubate the egg. Some hens incubates hens after laying the 1st or 2nd egg. Panchita began incubating her egg right when she laid the first one and she also laid her second egg the day after the first egg was laid but there after, she laid an egg every other day.

About the babies, they aren’t sticky, they just feel really soft and silky. They actually feel really nice in the hands, I was able to hold one of them for a few seconds while I was changing the bedding.

They also usually get all their feathers at around 4-5 weeks and that’s the time that they are ready to leave the nest. But usually at 2-3 weeks you can tell already what colors they will be when the colors begin to show. The down feathers usually appear at around 2 weeks or so and they start to look like little cotton balls.

I like to check all the babies a few times a day or have someone else check them for me to make sure their crops are full and they are getting fed. I know Panchita must be going through a lot right now since the babies have to eat every 2-4 hours but so far she is doing a great job. I never imagined her to be a mom since she’s little terror lol

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/23/07 11:55 AM

Wow, i have to keep saying that I can wait , you must post pics when they get all cottonbally.(ya that's a word lol).

Please tell me you don't hear squawking when she is laying an egg.
And it doesn't take 36 hours of labor and you didn't see a frying pan tossed outta the box at chevy with foul language during the event.

I hope they lay them fast, sheesh let some poor creature have an easy birth. At least eggs are round.
Posted By: NafalieK

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/24/07 05:37 PM

they are adorable!!

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/24/07 08:53 PM

Thanks!!

Coco's Mama, LOL! Panchita had a very smooth labor (or egg laying process). I never saw her squack or anything, though Cuchito was the one doing most of the squacking so when I heard him I know something was up and she had laid an egg.

There are now five babies! I found the last baby born this morning before I went to work. I hope it's survives, it is so tiny compared to the others but Panchy had fed the baby since the crop was full. I will pictures later tonight.
Posted By: dindy

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/24/07 09:03 PM

congrats on your new babies

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/25/07 07:03 AM

This is Panchita with her babies...the babies are growing up so fast! Two of them are already starting to open their eyes. I was trying to get a picture of their faces but Panchita was not having it. =/

[Linked Image]

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/25/07 07:31 AM

aww smile she looks like such a protective mommy smile
YOU GO PANCHITA dont let anyone touch those babies smile

Re: Babies on the way!! - 04/25/07 02:53 PM

They are all so cute!! smile

Babies are here! - 04/26/07 04:46 AM

Hey guys! Everything is going great with the babies and I am really happy about that.

Here are the five babies together, the oldest ones are officially starting to look like budgies. I know some people think they are the ugliest little things and even though they are bald and big headed, I think they look so adorable!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Babies are here! - 04/26/07 04:51 AM

Cristina head! I'm like smiling my lips off! LOL! SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You are a grandmother of 5 babies... Now, count up the presents to give each. LOVE THEM FOR UNCLE!

Re: Babies are here! - 04/26/07 04:53 AM

I think they're adorbale smile

well except the regurgitating part... could do without that lol smile

Re: Babies are here! - 04/26/07 05:40 AM

Aweee....they are so cute i am so happy for them! smile give them kiss for me

Re: Babies are here! - 04/26/07 12:13 PM

That is so cool! They are so cute. I can't wai till they get feathers. =)

Re: Babies are here! - 04/26/07 10:45 PM

AWWW They grow up SUPER fast! They already look soo much bigger to me! CUTE!! smile
Posted By: *6 budgie nutz*

Re: Babies are here! - 04/27/07 01:52 AM

wont those birds get splayed legs without anykind of bedding? they are adorable though.

Re: Babies are here! - 04/29/07 01:06 AM

I havent posted in a few days and three of the babies are starting to show some colors. They are all doing great and they are all pretty chubby. I'm nervous about the 5th baby since it is so small compared to the others and the others seem to step on him a lot so I hope this little guy survives.

M,T,L,J,S Mom, I put bedding while Panchita was nesting and she took it all out and I was worried about them getting splayed legs so I bought a different kind of bedding and put it in the box and Panchy is leaving it in the box which is good.

Here are pictures I took today!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Do you think this baby might be a lutino? His eyes are kinda reddish and he is growing out yellow feathers. You can't really tell by the picture since it was taken two days ago but yellow feathers are coming out on the wings.
[Linked Image]

Posted By: dindy

Re: Babies are here! - 04/29/07 01:12 AM

your babies are the cutest i love birds n wud hate anything to any bird

Re: Babies are here! - 04/29/07 02:25 AM

OHHH The littlest one is sooo tiny compared to the rest!! I hope he survives too!! I don't have any idea on your ?? about lutino's sorry! But I love seeing the pics of them as they grow!! smile
Posted By: Hiiii

Re: Babies are here! - 04/29/07 03:41 AM

oooh , I think one of them might be cinamon.

Re: Babies are here! - 04/29/07 03:44 AM

they are the cutest darn things i have ever seen in my life. keep posting pictures! i look forward to it every day!

Re: Babies are here! - 04/29/07 03:52 AM

they are so cute.I hope the mother nurses the tiny one,he is small but he is a fighter.good luck.

Re: Babies are here! - 04/29/07 08:17 AM

CUTE!!! great now I have to add more birds to my steal list...I love the pics even the feeding pic there all so cute.

Re: Babies are here! - 04/30/07 06:09 AM

Thanks for all the comments!

The babies are doing great, they all have their eyes open now. The one I thought was a lutino has darker eyes now, that little bugger tricked me but that's okay, I'm already in love him/her!

I moved them to another room to change their bedding and one started chirping for their mom and then they all followed but I really think they were just excited to see me! =)
http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d104/Tauress21/?action=view&current=Picture009.flv

Once I put the box back, Panchita hopped right in and it was a feeding frenzy. Panchita was going crazy trying to feed them all. I can't imagine being a mom just yet so Kudos to all the mamas out there! and pops!
http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d104/Tauress21/?action=view&current=Picture007.flv

Hiiii, someone else told me that the one with reddish eyes might be a cinnamon also, is that the one you were talking out being a cinnamon?
Posted By: WhitePegasus

Re: Babies are here! - 04/30/07 07:43 PM

so cute! I can't wait to see what colors they turn out!

Re: Babies are here! - 04/30/07 08:23 PM

those videos are adorable, pippin was chirpping back to the babys crys it was so sweet!

Re: Babies are here! - 05/01/07 05:41 AM

Cristina head! Oh, my God! They are beautiful! LOL! You got what you wanted! SHREKS (GREENIES)! AHAHA! LOVE THEM UP FOR UNCLE!
Posted By: PunkKareBear

Re: Babies are here! - 05/01/07 05:58 AM

i am rooting for the little guy!!!

i want him soooo bad!!!

i even want to name him or her!!!

i really hope he makes it...

Re: Babies are here! - 05/05/07 02:30 AM

updates please!!!

Re: Babies are here! - 05/05/07 11:17 PM

All the babies are doing great! Thanks for asking! I was worried about the last baby but he is growing up just dandy and he has a furry little butt like the others do.

PunkKareBear, you can definetely help me with names, the oldest three are already named Scarlett, Sonni and Meeka/Meeko but if you have any ideas for baby 4 and 5 then be my guest! I do need name ideas. It seems babies 4 and 5 will be green also. I am so mad at Chevy for not making any blue babies lol

Anywho, I have a lot of pictures that I hope you guys will like!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

These are the two oldest babies
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] and these are the two youngest.

Re: Babies are here! - 05/05/07 11:37 PM

the babies are so loveable.i'm happy that they all are doing great.told you that little guy was a fighter,he's going to grow and be the boss of the other four.please keep us updated with photos.

Re: Babies are here! - 05/06/07 01:01 AM

why is the beak black on one of them? ive never seen that b4 is that normal?

Re: Babies are here! - 05/06/07 03:46 PM

MTLJ- That means that they are babies. smile

Christina- Oh gosh, that's so exciting that they all hatched, and they all are growing up and they seem healthy!
CONGRATS! grin Chevy's gonna be one blue bird amongst 8 green birds...that's hilarous. smile
Names...
Umm...
Emma
Jake
Grace
Chloe
Tiki
Lola
Angel
Sophie
Layla
Lemon
smile
Posted By: Fernandez&Lopez

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/06/07 04:04 PM

wow theyre cute

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/06/07 04:07 PM

and for names:

Flip
Flap
Tree
Lard
Patience
Mister
Buster
Gangster

---

Dew
Honey
Peach
Pear
Applepie
Applecrisp
Cinimon
Spice
ParakeetusPallobius
Beetus

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/06/07 05:19 PM

ahh i'm so excited that you updated pictures! they are to die for cute!
Posted By: Kariva

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/06/07 05:49 PM

name one cricket ive always wanted an animal named cricket@

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/06/07 06:54 PM

Zoe
tweedle dee
tweedle dum
kash (love that one)

Synonyms for green: apple, aquamarine, beryl, chartreuse, fir, forest, grass, jade, kelly, lime, malachite, moss, olive, pea, peacock, pine, sage, sap, sea, spinach, verdigris, vert, viridian, willow

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/06/07 07:56 PM

I think you should name them Rhett and Ashley since you already have a scarlet... or tara... since that's where she lived (im referancing gone with the wind here lol)

One of my ex boyfriends has a little brother named rhett and a little sister named scarlett smile too funny smile

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/06/07 08:41 PM

the little one is a leader

and a cute leader

gorgueos

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/06/07 09:12 PM

can you please put everything you're going to say in one post?
that would be fantastic

it isnt like IM, you dont press enter after every sentance

thanks smile

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/06/07 10:43 PM

i agree i want the little runt to be named Ashley (thats my name)
you could call him or her Ashes for short laugh

but whatever you do choose let us all know, and dont be shy with the photos we ALL cant get enough of them!

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/07/07 02:59 PM

HOW SWEET! I love their fluffy little bottoms! LOL So cute!! Thanks for the update!! Glad to hear the littlest one is doing so well! smile

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/07/07 10:51 PM

Any updates? Please? smile

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/07/07 10:59 PM

Oh wow! You guys are too nice and I have a lot of ideas now for names. I really like the names you guys mentioned, including Pea, Zoe, Ashes and Lola or Lolita, or Tara. I think baby 4 might be Peas and baby five either Lolita/Tara or a boy name. I think the last two will be normal greens so thanks PunkCareBear for all the green synonyms. At school we use this liquid called malachite green for gram staining bacteria in my microbiology class which is kinda funny naming one of the babies Malachite, I also always pronouce that word wrong and the last syllable comes out like something totally different lol.

The babies are growing up fast now even the little runt, he is almost the same size as baby 4 and they are 3 days apart. I'm so happy he made it.

I have a lot of pictures I hope you like!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/07/07 11:01 PM

and more..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Cuchito looking tired after feeding the babies
[Linked Image]

this is the baby daddy Chevy feeding only himself lol
[Linked Image]

Thanks for looking!

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/07/07 11:11 PM

Cristina head! Oh, my God, they are absolutely gorgeous. All ma puppish are going up. *Sniffs* TISSUES! Uncle Aye is an...uncle again! LOL!

Take good care of them and remember to spend tons of play time with them...so they will get attached to you tons better!

Good luck!

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/07/07 11:11 PM

Aweeeeeeeeee.......they are so cute im so in love with them one looks just like my Mimi im so happy for them! give them all kiss for me!
Posted By: Meggie

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/07/07 11:25 PM

They are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/08/07 04:20 AM

OH MY GOSH!! They are soooo cute!! I just want to scoop them up in a ball and snuggle them!! They look sooo soft!!! smile

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/08/07 05:21 AM

When you decide the names please post pix of each with thier names and birth number (like olders to youngest) that would be sooo awesome! and please please let me know what you choose for the runt...
Posted By: sue!

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/08/07 05:34 AM

name one of them TOFU! i know that sounds really really weird but i think it's cute! haha (:

edit: ooooooo! some of their beaks look metallic, like gold in some pictures. it looks like they have beak polish on or something, haha.

Coco's momma... LOOK - 05/08/07 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by suuuueee
name one of them TOFU! i know that sounds really really weird but i think it's cute! haha (:

edit: ooooooo! some of their beaks look metallic, like gold in some pictures. it looks like they have beak polish on or something, haha.

oh my gosh i think you just invented a new product for Coco!
Posted By: Aerial

Re: Coco's momma... LOOK - 05/08/07 09:18 AM

Excellent photos, what type of camera do you have?

Re: Coco's momma... LOOK - 05/08/07 11:58 AM

OOOOOOOH thye are sooooo sweet 5 wittle babies, starting tio fluff and get colour and tails and oh so exiting. LOL.
Have you thought about the name Jade. i got lost reading i wasn't sure if you have named them all.

Re: Coco's momma... LOOK - 05/08/07 04:42 PM

the babies are adoreable.keep us posted please.

Re: Coco's momma... LOOK - 05/09/07 06:12 AM

I love the way baby birds look lol
Posted By: mamagoose

Re: Babies are here! - 05/09/07 12:45 PM

Oh, I can't wait to show my daughter your babies. I was watching the videos and Hudson just chirped up a storm talking to them. smile
Posted By: _Lindsey_

Re: Babies are here! - 05/09/07 01:05 PM

awww they are so cute

Re: Babies are here! - 05/10/07 06:15 AM

Awe thanks for the comments!

Coco's momma, I've named the oldest 3 babies but not the youngest ones yet, I don't know if I should wait till I know what sex they are or name them now. Grrr, naming 5 babies is not easy, it's too much at once! lol I have a hard time naming just one.

Here are some recent pictures from today! I love taking pictures of these little dorks.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Babies are here! - 05/10/07 06:20 AM

THAT'S MY SONNI UNDER THE DRESSER! THAT'S MY BABY! LOL!

Re: Babies are here! - 05/10/07 06:24 AM

Aweee....they are so cute i cant beilive that all 5 of them came out green one looks like my Mimi and one like my Peanut! give them kiss for me! smile
Posted By: PDM

Re: Babies are here! - 05/10/07 08:16 AM

Aren't they beautiful!

Re: Babies are here! - 05/10/07 02:50 PM

AAAWWW that pic of all of them sleeping in that nice warm little bunch is ADORABLE!!!! smile
Posted By: WhitePegasus

Re: Babies are here! - 05/10/07 03:57 PM

sssooo cute. Look how much bigger one is than the rest! he must have been first hatched. don't forget to send me one!! I hear UPS does i great job shipping live animals hehehehe.

Re: Babies are here! - 05/10/07 06:40 PM

send one to me too! laugh

Re: Babies are here! - 05/10/07 10:02 PM

are you actually giving them away? man, i'd really really really really like one.
Posted By: brittany98

Re: Babies are here! - 05/11/07 12:15 AM

me too! i call one!

they got so big! isnt that weird how time flies like it does, i mean, where did this year go...it seems like yesterday it was x-mas...dont you think?
Posted By: OdinLove

Re: Babies are here! - 05/11/07 07:40 AM

That is the coolest photos Ive seen of babies.
Thanks for sharing them.

Re: Babies are here! - 05/12/07 12:55 AM

ADORABLE!!
Posted By: pretty bird

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/12/07 01:09 AM

Congrats just make sure to watch their beaks. Nacho's beak is deformed because when he was a baby food must have gotten stuck on his beak so the bottom beak grew over the top one and his beak will never be normal because it was not caught when he was a baby

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/12/07 07:04 AM

I was planning on keeping all the babies but then my sister wants two of them so I promised her two and now I am attached to them and want to keep them all but my sister doesn't know that yet. If she wants 2 of them she will have to fight to get to them lol

prettybird, one of the babies had this gunk on it's face, you can see that in the last pictures. I hadn't noticed it till later but I cleaned it off, it was really stuck on her beak and it was blocking one of her nostrils. Their feet also get really dirty and I cleaned it with a bit of warm water. These little guys are messy. I totally agree with you, they have to be checked everyday and a few times a day to make sure they are clean and thanks for telling me. Btw, Nacho is very handsome! It's nice to hear from you prettybird, I hope all the crew is well!

and here are more pictures! I hope ya'll don't get bored...lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/12/07 03:55 PM

so kawaii!! i especially love the second picture

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/12/07 06:02 PM

So cute! I really like the second/last pictures smile

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/12/07 07:32 PM

Adorable! I love how they are all green, but have different shades. smile
We could never get bored of baby keet pics, Christina! laugh

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/13/07 01:43 AM

SOOO SWEET!! I agree we never get bored of pictures!! smile
Posted By: KeetCrazy

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/13/07 02:07 AM

Oh My Gosh this post makes me even more excited for babies! They are GEORGEOUS!! 2 cinnomons in the lot, so lucky!
Posted By: LoRaXspeek4keets

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/13/07 03:49 AM

OMG! THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS!!! <3 thanks for the pics! smile
Posted By: BUDG13S

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/14/07 01:57 AM

they are so adorable. they are just so cute take good care of them.if u dont want one give me one... lol
Posted By: fred_and_nikku_luver

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/14/07 03:49 AM

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! zomg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they are to to cute!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will steal them all! mua- hahah

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/22/07 06:47 AM

I have a few locks on my door and a nice security system so if any of you guys get caught trying to steal one of my babies, I will take one of yours! haha! Thanks for all the great compliments!

The babies are big now, even bigger than their mom meaning they are chubby and I am very happy they are all healthy though maybe they could lose a few grams lol

Here are some pictures

This is Scarlett or Scarlie as we call her, she's the 2nd born (or first)..I'm not 100 percent sure since baby 1 and 2 were born just hours apart.
[Linked Image]

These are the 3 oldest, they are getting along dandy so far, hopefully they won't tear eachother apart as they get older!
[Linked Image]

The babies have poor Panchita on the side of the cage, they overpower her easily
[Linked Image]

Sonni
[Linked Image]

Meeka (baby 3)
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/22/07 06:52 AM

Meeka and Scarlie
[Linked Image]

Scarlie
[Linked Image]

Panchita was preening her daughter Meeka, she was making sure she looked cute for the camera
[Linked Image]

that's Popeye (baby 5)
[Linked Image]

Meeka was chewing on her sister's toes, she loves feet!
[Linked Image]

This is baby 4 and I still need a name for him. Any ideas?
[Linked Image]

Baby 4 again, I thought he looked so dorky in this picture lol
[Linked Image]

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/22/07 06:56 AM

These little guys love thier veggies! It's good to have babies, they will eat anything, maybe they can teach their parents how to eat veggies also!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Scarlie had her face in Sonni's butt lol
[Linked Image]

Popeye loves his spinach!
[Linked Image]

Sonni
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ILoveMyKeets

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/22/07 09:07 AM

OMG they are all so adorable. I just love when they are that young and have those cute little beady black eyes smile

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/22/07 11:02 AM

OMG, they are adorable! You got so many different colored keets in this clutch. Meeka is GORGEOUS and baby #4's picture with his beak open is hilarious. I don't know, but when I looked at him I thought of the name Peep, short for Peeper. smile
And you got one cinnamon(sp) baby...
Congrats! They're gorgeous birdies and they are all so gorgeous in their own ways. smile
Are they fitting in with the flock well?
Posted By: brittany98

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/22/07 11:20 AM

how about "minty" for the 4th baby if he is still no-named...
Posted By: KeetCrazy

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/22/07 01:15 PM

Absolutely GEORGEOUS!!!!!!! Very interesting genetics there. Nice pairing!

Baby #4 should be periwinkle, Peri for shourt, thats what color he reminds me of.
Posted By: _Lindsey_

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/22/07 05:13 PM

i have a suggestion if it is a Pearl, Kirby, Merlin, Hae, Poppy, Ziggy, Fizzy, Kizzy

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/23/07 02:37 AM

omgggggg howwwww gorgioussssss i just fell totally inlove with meeka, she just has some of the mildest prettiest colors. thats it im putting on my ski mask and grabbing my black gloves better make sure all your doors and windows are lock, cuz thats it meeka is MINE!!!! muaaaa haa haa haa.

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/23/07 10:55 PM

AWW! It's so tempting to steal them frown
I love that yawning picture of baby number four, it makes her look so squishable!

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/24/07 08:52 PM

Popeye and his spinach lol, I love the pic with the yawn? or was he singing opera? Toooo cute.

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/26/07 08:10 PM

So, Christina, are you going to keep them all? Or are you still giving 2 to your sister? smile
Updates!

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/29/07 06:24 AM

Awe thanks again for the comments! They are doing great, they used to be so nice to eachother but day by day they are being a little mean towards eachother. Sonni was flying around and he landed right on Popeye (his little sibling) and just tossed him like a rag. These little guys sure know how to be violent with eachother!

I'm having a real dilemma with keeping all the babies, I did promise my sister the youngest two and I would keep the oldest three (Sonni, Scarlie and Meeka) but I know it will be hard to give the younger two away and I don't look forward to doing that since I want to keep them all. I made a promise to give two to my sister so I will probably end up giving two to her. I will just enjoy them as much as possible since my sister lives 8 hours away from me so I won't see the babies as much as I would want.

And thanks for all the name ideas! My sister will probably change their names once they are hers but for now they are Popeye and Bambino...Bambino is probably not the best name for a keet but he really needed a name lol

I will keep you guys posted on the babies! =) Thanks again!
Posted By: Kelly Kai

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/29/07 09:59 AM

Your babies are sooo adorable!! The parents did a wonderful job bringing those babies up. I especially love the unique coloring of Meeka and Scarlie. Keep us posted!

Re: Babies on the way!! - 05/29/07 11:08 AM

Thanks for the update! I hope everything works out the way it's supposed to. smile The good thing is, that if you do endup giving Popeye and Bambino to your sister, they won't be completely seperated from the family, they will have eachother. smile And btw, I love the name Bambino; he looks like a bambino.
Posted By: swanky

Re: Babies on the way!! - 06/06/07 02:37 PM

Wow, I can't believe how cute they are, and how fast they grew up! How did you learn so much about how to take care of the eggs and stuff? It makes me want little keet babies, haha.
Posted By: Noel+Syd+Elliot

Re: Babies on the way!! - 06/06/07 03:03 PM

Very cool!

I love your keets!
Posted By: Kisa_411

Re: Coco's momma... LOOK - 09/30/07 07:57 PM

TEHY ARE ADORABLE!!!!!!!
how many babies are there in total?
Posted By: Candice

Re: Coco's momma... LOOK - 09/30/07 08:52 PM

....Well. Are they feathered all nice and pretty yet? XD Please, do get an update soon. I am dying here!
Posted By: KoKo

Re: Coco's momma... LOOK - 09/30/07 09:05 PM

I am a first time owner of keets. I was looking at all of your pictures of your babies as they developed. I am really thankful that you posted those pictures because I had never seen baby keets before. To be honest, and no offense but I first I was worried that they were not alive but that goes with my ignorance on keets but I am trying to learn. I thought when they were first born they looked like little pieces of raw meat. with eyes hehe.
They were cute and thank you for this new learning experience that you gave me.

Posted By: LoveMyBoys

Re: Coco's momma... LOOK - 10/01/07 12:04 AM

had a hard time believing that Chevy was the daddy until i saw some of their blue bellies, how sweet they are!!
© 2021 Lisa Shea Forum