Lisa Shea

Update on my budgies... with PICS!

Posted By: TigerBluEyez

Update on my budgies... with PICS! - 01/22/07 09:05 PM

For all of you confused or anything about my budgies, here is an UPDATED story about the little angels!

I took in a budgie named Violet about a week and a half ago. She is now going to a good new home to help her recuperate as she came from an overcrowded cage, etc. She's a real beauty and I will try to get pics of her before she leaves tonight. I'll miss her but I already have my hands full and she needs a bit more attention than I can give right now. My dog (in my avatar) has bad ear infections and Dad and I are busy fighting that off... ugh! So expensive!

I now have FIVE budgies (not including Violet). I have the new HQ cage, which I got from BirdsComfort.com. It's AMAZING! I do hear that WindyCityParrot.com is better though for those of you looking for it (they have the same cage for about $120, free S&H). I have four of my budgies in the big cage and plan on keeping it at a max of four.

My NEWEST bird, Belle, is most likely a female. She is a dominant pied, white with some really striking blue on her "shoulder" areas and back under her wings. She is set up in one of my old cages for now, but I hope to get a wider one for her soon (possibly try to find someone to trade cages with or sell these two older cages to save up for a new one). She is BEAUTIFUL as well! Here's her pic:

[Linked Image]

My other bird that was named Belle is ACTUALLY a male! So I have renamed him Huey. HE is a recessive pied, all yellow with a little green under his wings on his back and on his belly. I now have Huey, Snow, Sammy, Lucy, and the NEW bird Belle! Three males and two females. Here is a picture of Huey (the FORMER Belle):

[Linked Image]

Sammy and Lucy are happy as always. Lucy is a lutino and Sammy is a yellow-faced sky blue? Something like that... I don't have any good new pictures of them but here they are together:

[Linked Image]

And of course, I can't forget Snow, my all white dark-eyed clear:

[Linked Image]

So that's it! I am working on getting newer pics, but my batteries are going dead from taking so many! Oh, and here is a picture of the new cage:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Stephen

Re: Update on my budgies... with PICS! - 01/22/07 09:49 PM

What pretty birds!!! smile smile Thanks for the update... I was a little confused about who Belle was!!!!!! I think that Belle(the new one) is the prettiest bird I have ever seen!! I love the cage too (as you know)!!!

Re: Update on my budgies... with PICS! - 01/22/07 09:51 PM

Why will Belle not be in the big cage??

Re: Update on my budgies... with PICS! - 01/22/07 10:28 PM

Thanks! I'm keeping her separate because the large cage is only big enough to comfortably fit four budgies. I will also probably be breeding her with Snow eventually (not til November or December of 2007), so it's easiest to keep her separate. I'll be taking out Snow and putting him in with her soon so they can bond. Hope they hit it off! I'm going to introduce them slowly.

Re: Update on my budgies... with PICS! - 01/22/07 10:31 PM

Why Snow?? You have other male keets. Is he just the prettiest? smile smile

Re: Update on my budgies... with PICS! - 01/23/07 12:08 AM

I would like to get more DECs, which is what he is called. He is the rarest of the bunch, and they are not as easy to come by.
Posted By: AyEe Y0o

Re: Update on my budgies... with PICS! - 01/23/07 06:59 AM

I really feel that Belle is a Clear Flight like Cheepy. 0=]

I know BIRDS. Lol

She's so cute.

Cheepy is asking for her!

Re: Update on my budgies... with PICS! - 01/23/07 07:16 AM

Snow is correct, Black Eyed Clear and Lucy is a Recessuve Pied, since she has green on her tummy, and Sammy is a Normal Type 2, Yellow Face.

Re: Update on my budgies... with PICS! - 01/23/07 07:17 AM

Hmmm, I'll have to look it up! Everyone else seems to say dominant pied... I'm hoping you're right so I can breed her with Snow to get the kinda babies I am looking for!

Re: Update on my budgies... with PICS! - 01/23/07 07:23 AM

Here's a good link I got from this forum a while back...

http://budgietalk.com/mutations.html

Re: Update on my budgies... with PICS! - 01/23/07 07:25 AM

As I see it now Belle could be either Dominant Pied or Clearflight.

I'm still leaning towards Clear but eh... I'm not perfect

O! 0=]
Posted By: Mira

Re: Update on my budgies... with PICS! - 01/23/07 07:37 AM

Awee...they are so cute i love all ur babie im in love with ur Snow!

Re: Update on my budgies... with PICS! - 01/23/07 08:13 AM

Thanks for the link Aye! And thanks for the compliment Mira! I'll have to check out that site ASAP...
Posted By: terryluvsgoldens

Re: Update on my budgies... with PICS! - 01/23/07 12:29 PM

great link thanks
Posted By: birdfriend

Re: Update on my budgies... with PICS! - 01/23/07 06:16 PM

Here's my favorite mutations guide. The pictures are awesome and all the keets are sooo cute!:

http://www.budgieplace.com/colorsguide.html
Posted By: sashakeet1

Re: Update on my budgies... with PICS! - 01/23/07 06:58 PM

Tiger, your Belle is a beauty. THe blue on her back is quite striking! I notice black stripes going through it. Am I seeing this right? She's your little tiger. lol

Re: Update on my budgies... with PICS! - 01/23/07 09:48 PM

Thanks! On her back it's just blue, no black stripes. I think what you're seeing is shadow as the picture was taken at night and she is all fluffed up from stretching. She has black stripes on her head and shoulder/neck area though. smile

Re: Update on my budgies... with PICS! - 01/23/07 10:19 PM

Now tell us what you think Belle's type is? Clearflight or Dominant Pied..? I'm really interested!

Re: Update on my budgies... with PICS! - 01/24/07 12:36 AM

From what I can gather she is a dominant pied smile
© 2022 Lisa Shea Forum