Lisa Shea

NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!!

Posted By: Fabutam

NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/12/07 06:08 PM

Welcome ladies, gentlemen and birds, to the 2007 calendar competition!!

As some of you may have seen in a previous post, I have offered to make the calendar we all knew about and voted before Christmas. Although I had many people discussing for and against I have now decided to make my own, in my own way (no offense to Lisa laugh )

This is how it will work - you all have just one week to submit ANY photograph of your birdies!! They can Photoshopped or added to in anyway!
To make it easier for me (LOL!)I would appreciate if your submitted photograph was not cropped and, if possible, horizontal (with a horizontal calendar the quality of the finished result would be a lot better if all photographs were the same way- I have tried before and failed to make vertical photographs fit into the horizontal calendar, it is possible but doesn't look that good - honestly! - There IS a vertical calendar available so if we get enough vertical photographs that people vote for I could easily organise a second calendar? (why not upload one of each?!) smile )

I am very excited to be producing the calendar for everybody and cannot wait to see your babies!! As said before there will be no profits made for this calendar, let's say I am giving you all a late Christmas present!! X
(apart from the fact that you have to pay for it:D)

So, the entry week for bird pictures starts... NOW!!! :p
BRING IT ON!!!
Posted By: Viggo_and_Pigs_Mom

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/12/07 06:34 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mira

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/12/07 07:06 PM

lol i have 14 birds can i give u single pic of them??

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/12/07 07:48 PM

here's one for maybe the month of june....The background is actually of the Chapel my husband and I got married at!
[Linked Image]

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/12/07 08:22 PM

Mira.. Of course!!! LOL!! laugh Do what you wish! laugh
Viggo & Pigs mum.... loving the pictures!! Thanks for starting things off wonderfully! laugh

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/12/07 08:42 PM

PLEASE READ!!!

Please can you name your photographs so when voting begins everyone (by that I mean me!!) can just post the name and I can count... (I know there is probably an easier way to do this but I am not THAT good at posts and computer linkage-thingys so this is the idea I have come up with laugh If anyone has a better way please send me a private message and let me know.. thanks )
Posted By: Birdie Menagerie

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/12/07 09:02 PM

Ooo, it would be good to say which month you would like your photo in. Like Viggo_and_Pigs_Mom, I think that Wedding photo would be great for May or June. smile

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/12/07 09:19 PM

Yeah! If there is a preference for your photograph then yeah add the month you'd wish it to be in if you win laugh
Posted By: IronFront

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/12/07 09:28 PM

[Linked Image]
January for the new year. (Thanks Viggo and Pigs mom)
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
October, please!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
December!

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/12/07 09:31 PM

[Linked Image]
January
[Linked Image]
Sep.
[Linked Image]
Jan.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Thanks, Viggo and Pigs mom.
Posted By: Kariva

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/12/07 11:30 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

these are my favorite pictures of sam

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/12/07 11:31 PM

Kariva, that last photo of Sam is just beautiful! smile

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 12:11 AM

I agree... YUMMY picture of Sam.... He is such a cutie! And the Blue really stands out.. you lucky! laugh
Posted By: Coco's Mama

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 12:23 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

What colour did you want again? lol actually i will see if I can get all four 2 and 2 in a square with some sort of border more like a Warhol. I dont know if it's good enough but I'll try anyway.

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 02:43 AM

thanks:) it was a pure luck shot i thought i got him looking over his shoulder with his eyes closed but i got that instead. he moves fast! it is my all time favorite picture of him though and its crazy how the background looks so dark i didnt edit that picture at all!
Posted By: Alatariiel

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 03:06 AM

Fabutam, thanks so much for doing this!

Here's a few pictures of Zeus, and I really don't care what month, even just being in it would be awesome lol

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 03:48 AM

The one where Zeus is looking in the mirror is AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 04:15 AM

The photos I am posting are the small version. Should any of mine get chosen, I have a larger version for use in the calendar.

Scouser
[Linked Image]
December smile

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 04:17 AM

This photo I can crop to be horizontal. smile

Scouser for the month of September or any other month for that matter. laugh
[Linked Image]

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 04:19 AM

Can also be cropped into a horizontal photo, I've got the larger version. smile
Bijou for January
[Linked Image]

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 04:20 AM

Here's a July one

Pixel
[Linked Image]

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 04:22 AM

Here's another Christmas

McCartney
[Linked Image]

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 04:24 AM

This photo could be for any of those Spring Early summer months smile

Lennon
[Linked Image]

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 04:26 AM

Scouser

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 04:28 AM

Pixel walking

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TigerBluEyez

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 04:29 AM

All of your photos are AWESOME! I absolutely LOVE the picture of Bijou! I think this is such a great idea. I wish I knew how to use Photoshop... here are some pictures of my babies!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 04:31 AM

City in cage

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 04:33 AM

I'd like the second one I put to be for February, for Valentine's Day... I just think it's cute. I'll try to fiddle around on Photoshop with it a lil if I can...

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 04:35 AM

Ooo, thanks TigerBluEyez. laugh

I wish I could use photo shop too. All I can do is add text and shapes, stuff like that. :rolleyes:

I really like your photo of Lucy and Sammy. smile

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 04:40 AM

One of the first photos I took of City smile

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 04:44 AM

Scouser, for November

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 05:00 AM

Here's one of all my budgies. smile

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 05:05 AM

wow i love all your guys photos! i dont know what month sam would be for he would be happy in any month im sure! if he was in it i would buy it so fast and make everyone in my family buy it lol

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 05:11 AM

Well, I'd really like to see make it in the calendar, the one of Sam, where the backround is dark, he looked so awesome. laugh

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 05:23 AM

[Linked Image]

This is about all I could figure out how to do using Microsoft Paint and Photoshop... I really have no experience with Photoshop!

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 05:47 AM

here Coco's Mama, as you requested...if you don't like the background color, I can easily change it...

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 08:28 AM

Wow thanks can you make a cross through the middle like 4 frames making one big one maybe in black. You read my mind except for the division down the middle and across are you psychic? Thanks so much.That is exactly the way would have plced the colors too.
U are the Master again. 2 wings up!!!

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 04:21 PM

So far there are some AMAZING photos here!! I am SOOOO excited!!! laugh
Also please be aware that animated Gif files cannot be entered to win as the calender is made out of paper and not even I can make that move! Thanks for putting them on here though.. they are soooo coool!!! cool

ALSO I totally forgot to explain the prize! (this is a competition after all!!)
The winner of BEST PHOTOGRAPH overall (which I shall get y`all to vote for out of the 12 calender winners) will win a FREE calender!!!
The second best will win a fridge magnet!!
and third will win a button (badge for people in UK) WWWOOOO-A-Hoooo!!!!!! laugh laugh

Tam. x
Posted By: Ophelia And Natalie

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 04:31 PM

Flight Shot:

[Linked Image]

I'll try to get some cute ones today..
Posted By: sashakeet1

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 04:48 PM

All your photos are fantastic! I don't have a cam yet, but will soon.

Eleanor- I'm in love with Scouser! He reminds me of an old english stuck-up gent! smile

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 05:34 PM

LOL I already see 4 that would be criminal not to use the clarity , the composition, the colour, the white space, the ...bird.
WOW !!!

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 05:47 PM

I'm with you there Coco's mom... I just hope we get 12 mindblowing photographs by the end of it! I'm positive we'll get more! laugh

PLEASE could everyone try to post only photographs that are in focus, I know they are your babies but I think everyone would prefer birdies we can see properly, I know how hard it is to keep the birds still though!!! laugh laugh

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 05:58 PM

Sorry, it's an art thing, I can't help it. All the birdies are beeeeeeeautiful!!! When do we vote? How long to enter?

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 06:09 PM

LOL! I totally understand the art thing.. I am halfway through a university art course (an access to uni anyway) and I have just started the section on photography ( what I wish to do as an honours degree course after this one) and just LOVE seeing other peoples work.

As for voting and how long to enter, I did say one week for both but if by next week we don'y have that many then I guess I shall extend the entry time.. It's really up to everyone who enters.. This is a very open competition laugh
I just wanna get the calender done so quickly so we can have it hanging for some of Jan!! (It would not be fair on whoever gets January if noone can hang it up because we are in Feb!!) smile

I am sure loads more entrys will blow us away! TELL EVERYONE you know with a bird to enter!!! laugh

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 06:28 PM

Yeah, that flight shot is a bit blurry. Mostly because my camera takes 2816x2112 pixel Superfines. That's been cropped and zoomed, and I have to original, but it's been shruken to a good size be Photobucket. My batteries are charging now, and I've figured out the settings, so expect some nice photos! smile

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 06:36 PM

Bless ya! I didn't mean that pic laugh I love that photo.. sooo sweeet!!!!! laugh
I've also been toying with, once we know the winners, getting them to email the originals to me, then they won't be shrunken for photobucket laugh Yeah!! laugh

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 06:39 PM

Fab- I never stayed for my Honors in art I just got my BA. I miss that sorta class feeling where everyone is just painting etc. and seeing each others work.

Ophelia- You have to get a flight shot in they are so nice * ahem..taps ruler on desk* Your assignment for today is to take as many flying budgie photos as you can in a day. I expect the assignments best works submiited right here. Good Luck!!

LOL

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 06:43 PM

HAAHA!! Nice!! THAT'S what I like to see!! laugh

Yeah, uni has been a real eye opener for me, I am really enjoying it! SO much fun!
I would love to photograph my Caleb alot more but he hates the camera and attacks it whenever it is turned on! He thinks - "evil camera must die!!" LOL laugh

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 06:52 PM

Awww, Caleb is just sore about the no crisp diet :p

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 07:10 PM

LOL!! Yeah prob! He managed to steal one the other day.. MY goodness I never saw him eat anything SO fast!! LOL laugh

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 07:47 PM

Hehe, I can't believe Caleb eats crisps. So funny! I need to get some veggies for Ophie, we're low on keet-safe veggums. So she's just getting less seed, more kibble now. (I think you'll enjoy the picture about her reaction to this...)

I'll be sure to get some flight shots! I love taking them. We have some delays though, Ophelia's partially damp, which doesn't make for good flying, and she eating.

I'm so excited about the calendar!

Oh, you could do runner-ups too. You know how on some calendars, there are smaller pictures before the first day of the month? That might be good so more people could get in .

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 08:37 PM

Budgie Artist
[Linked Image]

CDs.
[Linked Image]

Music that you can really sink your beak into.
[Linked Image]

Coolio.
[Linked Image]

Nibbles.
[Linked Image]

Cameras.
[Linked Image]

Artist Pellets.
[Linked Image]

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 08:38 PM

Masterpiece in progress
[Linked Image]

Masterpiece Finished
[Linked Image]

Masterpiece destroyed
[Linked Image]

I'm thinking....
[Linked Image]

I give up!
[Linked Image]

Fly like an Eagle.
[Linked Image]

Land on Cd's.
[Linked Image]

Dane Cook
[Linked Image]

(There was an image limit, I didn't know!)

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 08:38 PM

Someone need to do a pic for April (April Shower bring May flowers) of a budgie in a bath tub..that would be so cute for April.

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 08:47 PM

Haha i think the scrabble one for Sept (back to school would be cute, Love the words spelled out. Can u get it with no stuff in the background, the mousepad, camerabox and cds are taking away from her presensce and the clever wit of the board-if she was on the other side of the tiles on the pic under the heart pellet pic I think it is #11, i would vote 4 it.
By the way I gave you an A+ for effort and an A- for results. (only cos i like clean backgrounds. I 'm a picky bird lol.

Please do another Scrabble one i think it's so great.

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 08:53 PM

Yeah, I know. I noticed after I took the picture..I'll try another. I always overlook things like that with pet pictures because with pets it can be a one-time chance. She's taking a rest right now, so I'll let her do that, and get her out for a few other pictures.

Of course, the desk/wallpaper has to stay, but that will make it look clean but real. A few of those other ones can be cropped a bit to lessen in mess in the backgroud, the originals are huge! Like, twice my computer screen.
Posted By: Alatariiel

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 09:20 PM

I personally think we should just do a calendar of all the pictures of Ophelia...because they're awesome lol
Posted By: SillyBird

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 09:21 PM

Awww! Cute pics Ophelia! I LOVE her colors! What a cutie pie! laugh

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 09:34 PM

Well, I hope you guys like these. I had to redo the words about 20 times because she ran over them about 20 times. And she kept getting mad and flying away, so I got mad, and we started sqwuaking at each other because we both have really bad tempers, and now we aren't on speaking termms. mad

(Some of the mess-mess ones like Dane Cook were simply taken on the spot, so those I can't really fix. I'm messy--like my bird.)

...But I got the pictures. a few will need to be cropped about 50-100 pixels, but it should be okay.

I'm thinking again..
[Linked Image]

You didn't get those points for that!
[Linked Image]

I give up...
[Linked Image]

Edit:We're cuddly again. She's on my shoulder. I hate my temper--I get it from my Dad. Ophelia started throwing Scrabble pieces, and I started throwing the camera (at the floor...nothing at her) and she flew away and I shut her music off, and she squawked and I yelled....wow...I think I'm a way too into my bird (is that even possible?) *kisses Ophelia* My baby.

Hehe, thanks Alateriel! Zeus is so cool too! I gotta teach Ophelia to pick out clothes for me. :-P

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 09:43 PM

LOL!! I get angry at my CC too, only when a really important bit in my favorite tv show is on does he think it's a really good time to SHOUT and SCREAM in my ear!!! Bless him! I swear he knows.. he prob senses my excitement and that makes him act mad!! laugh

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 11:26 PM

hey i have the same camera as you do ophe! i love it you can get smoe great shots with it. i need to post moer pictures of sam as soon as i find them or take them. he rather eat the camera than pose. so when i get a shot its one in a million! i think i have some of him eating the xbox controller ill have to post those!

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/13/07 11:45 PM

Do you mean the Sony or the Canon PowerShot A540? The Sony is my moms, and the Canon is mine. Except, the Sony doesn't work really, because I stole it's batteries.

Ophelia loves to eat the Canon. Its so cute.

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/14/07 12:06 AM

i mean the sony cybershot or something like that. i have so many pictures of the inside of sams mouth or his eye cuz hes looking in the lens!

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/14/07 12:09 AM

I love the scrabble pic its funny that she ran across it maybe she got made when u wrote MOLT , or was it you cos' she was winning.lol . I love that pic it's cute

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/14/07 12:28 AM

I can't decide which I like best, the one where she has her foot on the tiles or the one where she is moving a tile with her beak! Both are so adorable! laugh

I just LOVE them.

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/14/07 12:49 AM

Hehe, Thanks! She's such a nut. I didn't even notice she was moving a tile until you pointed it out. I though she was licking the board. Good eye!
Posted By: LLPB

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/14/07 01:01 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

those are just a few..more on the next slide =]
Posted By: LLPB

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/14/07 01:05 AM

actually..i'll do more later wink

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/14/07 02:22 AM

llpb what nice pics your babes are beauties and so happy together. I only have one. I want another in the near future. I enjoy reading your posts and looking at your pics.

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/14/07 03:51 AM

your ophelia is a beautie. I get po'd at sasha sometimes because when he's out he rules the house. I can't get dressed, brush teeth, go potty, without him being in my business. But, I'm crazy over him and he get's his way. I've got him spoiled rotten to the core. Just like your Ophelia.
Posted By: Snowing Feather

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/14/07 05:37 AM

I just love all the photo's. I won't be able to submit one of Snowing Feather and Perfect Lady becuz of digital camera insuffiency.....crummy camera. But, I really want to look into downloading my camcorder and take still-shots of my video if possible becuz I have so much footage of Snowing Feather in the wild. Someday for sure. I may have to buy a special program.

Thanks Fab and thanks everyone for the awesome photos.

SF and PL
"Mommy, we can't wait to see all our friends on the walls all day long."
Posted By: SillyBird

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/14/07 02:52 PM

Great pictures LLPB! laugh I love all the pink! (yes I know, im a girly girl...) I love your birdies :rolleyes:
Posted By: birdfriend

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/15/07 03:54 AM

Ophelia- I think the very first scrabble picture you posted is the best! It's sooo cute!

Do you have photoshop? If you do, you can blur out the background so only Ophie and the board are in focus.

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/15/07 04:35 AM

Ya ya ya do that..it is so cute i wantthe scrabble pic in there tee hee, stop showing off how smart ur birdy is.
Posted By: ordinaryxradical

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/15/07 04:41 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/15/07 04:46 AM

Why look..there is February lol so sweet.

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/15/07 05:18 AM

Ordinary- That has to be one of the CUTEST keet pictures ever!! How sweet!

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/15/07 07:40 AM

I agree, SOO cute!!!.... and I am SO pleased that you guys are voting, I do not think I could chose between them all!! laugh laugh laugh

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/15/07 01:05 PM

Are we Voting? I mean it has started?

Fab, i know ur making the calendar but that doesn't mean you cannot also submit a Caleb picture, the rest of us vote anyway , i am certain everyone would agree to that?

So ...where's Caleb?

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/15/07 03:57 PM

Originally posted by birdfriend:
Ophelia- I think the very first scrabble picture you posted is the best! It's sooo cute!

Do you have photoshop? If you do, you can blur out the background so only Ophie and the board are in focus.
I have Microsoft Photo Editor, and I might try that. She really does look like she's thinking!

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/15/07 04:12 PM

Ordinary: I really love that photo of your bird Sky! It's so beautiful! That one has just got to be February!! laugh

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/15/07 04:15 PM

Ophelia: I like the one where she's moving the tile, if you could just try to lighten it a little. What is it, gamma corrections, something like that. If only it were as bright as the first one. It's so cool how she is actually moving the tile. smile
Posted By: fred_and_nikku_luver

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/15/07 04:23 PM

i like the pics

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/15/07 04:36 PM

Originally posted by Birdie Menagerie:
Ophelia: I like the one where she's moving the tile, if you could just try to lighten it a little. What is it, gamma corrections, something like that. If only it were as bright as the first one. It's so cool how she is actually moving the tile. smile
Yeah, brightness and contrast, right? I'm going to touch them up a bit. laugh

----

Okay, I got the touch-ups. Much better! Thanks! The blurring isn't very effective though. If any one knew a better way to blur than what I have, that's be great!

You didn't get those points for that!(2)
[Linked Image]

I give up, again! (2)
[Linked Image]

I'm thinking...(2)
[Linked Image]

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/15/07 06:53 PM

I just realized that all of those words have to do with budgies! That is defianettly going on the calender!

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/15/07 08:40 PM

Ophelia and Natalie-

This is the best blurring I could do:

[Linked Image]

If anybody else wants to try to blur that picture feel free, I'm not very good at these things! smile

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/15/07 08:56 PM

That's great! Microsoft Pant Editor doesn't really fog things up that well, it mostly smears. Thanks!

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/15/07 10:07 PM

What about the one where her foot is on the tiles? That one would be good in a blur? I already tried to do that blur, but it blurred EVERYTHING, and when I tried to smudge, it just made everything look weird, like, bent.

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/15/07 10:12 PM

omg,omg! new member ordinaryX. What a beautiful photo. Sky is beautiful surrounded by all the roses. That's got my vote for Feb. I gotta get a camera! Nobody has seen my beauty yet. I will beg, borrow, or steal.

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/16/07 12:20 AM

I want any of the scrabble ones to be in for September (back to school) lol. i like the blur moving tile one.

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/16/07 02:29 PM

Alatariiel: I was wondering if the backround could be blurred on the photo of Zeus looking in the mirror.

Birdfriend had done that for Ophelia's photo. I just love that photo of Zeus.

Actually, that photo could be cropped to take out the right side.

It could be for October. smile

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/16/07 03:49 PM

well i was thinking ilove all these pictures but maybe we should all post 1 picture of our bird when we vote. like or favorite picture and obviously if you have multiple keets you can post one for each? i dunno just an idea. and maybe like someone was saying to have a little picture in the corner of the actual day part we can put a pic of the birdy and owner? or put a lil blurb about them

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/17/07 03:21 AM

Wow we are gonna make Fab work really hard. laugh laugh

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/17/07 05:47 PM

LOL Coco's mumma!!! I have taken the weekend off working to sort this all out!! LOL!!
Originally posted by Kariva:
well i was thinking ilove all these pictures but maybe we should all post 1 picture of our bird when we vote. like or favorite picture and obviously if you have multiple keets you can post one for each?
Nice idea!! I agree.... please do!!! laugh I shall do something nice with them laugh a suprise!! laugh

Now, at the start of this I suggested one week to upload all photos to be voted on... Would everyone want one more week to do this?? (two weeks total for submissions) Please do tell, I would prefer that we all get our chance to give our pictures. Cool laugh Tam. x

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/17/07 06:23 PM

RIGHT!! MY Caleb's turn!! laugh laugh ...... enjoy!!

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/17/07 08:03 PM

I just LOVE that photo!!!! It's just so precious!! smile

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/17/07 08:10 PM

laugh I found a way to extend the photograph (it was portrait originally) so I am dead chuffed!!! It may open the door to being able to use portrait in the landscape calender!!! laugh laugh

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/17/07 08:25 PM

cooo! How'd you do it?

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/17/07 08:44 PM

well, I kinda lied!!! LOL My man knew how to do it (I should have seen how! I shall ask though and let you know!) I know he used the paint programme on my computer (one that came with Windows) and made a rectangle with a box and then used the "stretch/skew" tool and applied 100% horizontal... what it does it take the highlighted section and copys it, somehow!, and then drag it to the end and TAAA DAAA!!!!! It moved the image across!!

I shall ask him when he pops over tomorrow what he did and I shall also ask him to post on here to tell you proper, like!! laugh laugh I try LOL!!!

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/17/07 09:54 PM

I'm back again!!! With another C-C photo!! laugh
[Linked Image]
I name this photo - Springtime... And THAT better get here soon because although I know that rain is usual in England, but the weather we have been having over the past few weeks is a joke!!! laugh laugh
Posted By: I want a keet

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/17/07 09:57 PM

So keets will let you take there picture even with the flash? They don't get scared or anything?

Love, I WANT A KEET

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/17/07 10:04 PM

Fabutam: I just love that photo! I love the 3 D-ness of it. smile

I want a keet: Mine let me take their photos all the time. I just talk to them like i always do when I take hte photo. I say to them "Aww, what a good baby! OH so cute!!" when they do something I want a photo of, then i get the camera and I say the same thing as I get the camera up level for the photo. At first they may get frightened, but I just repeat that this is a camera and that they are cute and sweet. Then they fluff and do that thing I said was cute again, and I take their photo. smile

They're all pretty used to it now. I think only McCartney or Lennon might get spooked now, sometimes. But Scouser, he's so taken with it now. He poses for me all the time. laugh

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/17/07 10:21 PM

Fabutam- That's such a cute picture of little Caleb!

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/17/07 11:29 PM

Easter Caleb and peter Rabbit it's so precious. The other one is cool but stuffed bunnies win with me everytime.

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/17/07 11:33 PM

sam sees the camera and decides he wants to look in the lens, lick the flash, bite the camera, bite the blinking light....anything but let me take a good picture of him! so far i love all of these pictures....oh and to make the picture portrait go into paint and go to the stretch/skew button and just stretch it

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/18/07 09:11 AM

LOL!!! Yeah Kariva!! Caleb does the same thing too!!! I have started to just leave the camera on near him.. he kinda ignores it most times now!! Thank goodness!! laugh
Thanks for all nice comments.. I am dead chuffed with it myself (LOL)

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/19/07 12:23 PM

OK... As no one has answered me I will assume that nobody wants an extention to the entry time (one week) SO guys, gals & birdies, entry to the 2007 calender competition will END on SATURDAY 20th Jan! THATS tommorrow!!!!
THEN the voting shall begin!!!

As I've said before, voting will be only ONE week too... Lets get this calender moving shall we!!! laugh I shall be completing the calender next weekend and (hope) to have it finished and available to purchase on SUNDAY 28th Jan... THAT does mean that we all might not get it until FEB SOOOOO I shall sort something out for Jan... perhaps a cartoon picture of birdies?... No point in giving someone January if noone will be hanging it up in Feb, showing it off!! Please let me know if you have any other ideas for January (NOT fair on whoever gets it I think) laugh laugh KEEP `EM COMING!!!

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/19/07 02:09 PM

I think that we still should do a January. After all, we could always tear the page off and save the photo. smile

Personally, I think that I am going to eventually frame every single month laugh
Posted By: charmedone

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/19/07 03:55 PM

Ok, here are some cute pictures of my little angels....lol
[Linked Image]
Heehee.. Caspers Elvis impression..
[Linked Image]
Casper steals Charmed's food ..... again...
Yah, that's right.. mom sees you! heehee

[Linked Image]
"Is he looking...is he looking?"
[Linked Image]
"Mom... do I HAVE to share with HER?"

[Linked Image]
"What do you mean only 15 minutes computer time"

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/19/07 05:54 PM

Fabutam- Is there a way for the calendar to start in February 2007 and end January 2008? That way we could use every month.

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/19/07 06:39 PM

Hey Birdfriend.. ermm.. nope.. I looked at the calender and it is from Jan to Dec, sadly frown
BUT there IS a front cover... hummm.... I'm blue that I hadn't thought of doing this calender a few months ago.. I guess I was just waiting on the other one like everyone else frown
Sorry. xx

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/19/07 09:49 PM

ok so we decided 1 picture per bird right? im going to start a new thread so people can do that and then we can decide how to vote starting tomorrow? i dont know if this will work but ill try!!

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/19/07 09:52 PM

I think Fabutam thought it would be great to have one additional photo per bird... ??? for something extra special...??? But we keep the photos we've already got for the calendar...

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/19/07 10:02 PM

well how ever many birdies i made another thread because im getting lost in pictures and would have to take notes on woh is who....i work at 430am i get confused easily!

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/19/07 10:14 PM

I like the idea of having photos onto another page, to help make it easier to locate photos, to see what ones are described in the poll.

I do like the idea of lessoning the amount of photos submitted per bird. I think maybe the top 2 photos per bird to not be too limited. I just don't want someone to not submit a terrific photo and we miss out. Because redoing the calendar, we are already missing out on some great photos that had been submitted to the other calendar.

I hope Alatariiel will choose Zeus looking into a mirror as one of hers to put into that other section, becuase that one is beautiful.

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/19/07 10:45 PM

yea that was my problem i was tying to find just one picture and i just dont know what to pick if i get a second one....hes my baby all his pictures are addorable to me!

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/19/07 11:19 PM

I think there should be a thumnail of the photo posted and the name and birds name all in one so we can see all the submission small version withought having to go through 8 pages, or something simple like that the more computer savvy may know what i mean, also Jan could be 4 six or 8 pics of runner ups so u can cut out or save the pics.

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/19/07 11:50 PM

Or the January winner could also be the cover, becuase the back side of January's photo would be the cover of the calendar. smile

Re: NEW! Calender competition time!!!... CLOSED!!! - 01/20/07 04:07 PM

Not long now!!!! laugh laugh
I am in England so I am ahead of you guys in the States SO I have basically wasted today, I should have had Friday as the cut off date LOL! laugh
© 2021 Lisa Shea Forum