Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Off topic: Johnny #98004 09/12/05 11:41 AM
S
Sylv Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
S
I agree with that PDM as i said before the very young ones on here cannot really do much about adult issues.Perhaps they think by asking us that they might get answers or at least support instead of keep getting shouted at.I also think about when i was that age and I definately wouldnt of been able to do anything about it.Let alone confront the neighbour.I know our countries differ in issues like this but I know when I was that age i wouldnt of even dare tell someone his/her dog was too thin.I think we need to step back and think harder before we keep getting on at these youngsters.They need to be told to ask their parents advice.

Re: Off topic: Johnny #98005 09/12/05 01:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THEY CAN DO A LOT OF THINGS.

Re: Off topic: Johnny #98006 09/12/05 02:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry I didn't mean to send that. But they can. I did not read 1 thing that told the child to do something themselves, everyone told them to tell someone that could. We are too far away from the situation. If they can post here, then they have a very powerful "weapon" at their fingertips, it's called the written word. SEND LETTERS, don't sign them if you don't want to. Tell a police officer, a teacher, a friends parent, preacher, priest, pastor, guidence counsleor.....No one says they have to confront the offender, but to me it is a part of growing up to accept that if you see an injustice, it becomes your responsibility to change it. It's how I raised my daughter, accountabiility...

Re: Off topic: Johnny #98007 09/12/05 04:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and no Sylv American kids are not that shy. As the British would say "they are quite cheeky" as a rule, not an exception. But they also tend to be lazy about extending themselves. Do you know that 30% of school age kids are overweight in the USA? TV, Computer,and video is the reason.

Re: Off topic: Johnny #98008 09/14/05 10:52 PM
marie Offline
Regular
Regular
Just want to say... I'm a HUGE pit bull advocate. I fostered one for a year, and she was hands down the best dog I've ever known. A dog that is people friendly doesn't necessarily mean that it has been used for dog fighting, because animal aggression and people aggression are two very different things, but if this person really plans on keeping all those pups, it does sound suspicious.

If you ask me, he has no business breeding dogs at all- those are CLEARLY mutts - the mom looks to leggy and fine boned (even considering her rather blatant emaciation!) to be a full am staff, or "pit bull", or whatever, and I have no idea what the father looks like. But those definately ain't no lab puppies! If the owner said they are that is WEIRD.

Anyways, that pup is incredibly sweet looking, and I'm sorry you can't get him, but pits do best in homes with owners who are really familiar with the breed. They are in enough trouble currently, without falling prey to yet more ignorance...

And if you want the dog as a companion for YOUR dog, it probablly would have been the wrong pup for you anyhow, since bully breeds do have an innate tendancy towards animal aggression!

Keep looking, there are tons of great dogs out there. And I agree with the people who say you should report the owner if the dog doesn't put on some weight. Who knows if they'll be able to do anything, but at least you'll have tried!

Marie

Re: Off topic: Johnny #98009 09/14/05 11:25 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
There are many restrictions on pit bulls in the Uk.

Here's a relevant item:
http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/information/adviceondogs/doglaw/presentlaw/dangerousdogsact/

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Re: Off topic: Johnny #98010 09/14/05 11:50 PM
T
Tweety-holic Offline OP
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
T
Look, I DON'T want another dog!! I didn't even WANT another pup until I saw Johnny!! I know the Father is a mutt, with pit bull in him, but I highly doubt the mother is a pit. I have taken care of a pit bull before for maybe three weeks. It was my friend's. She went on a vacation and couldn't take him. I notcied that he was really sweet, it is just how the owner treats them. But it may seems suspicious, but if Buddy had pups with CiCi, I would keep as much as CiCi's owner would let me. Just keeping 'memories' is not suspicious. They, as I can tell, are not going to grow up huge, for the have small paws. My mother and the vet said that large breed dogs have large paws. The pups have paws the size of Buddy!! I may not be here much anomore because if I get the highest GPA in my class, I get to ride a limousine home!! So all I am doing is studying, this is my breeak time.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Buy Artvigil 150mg online
by rxonlinesecure - 05/20/22 08:53 AM
Statue of Liberty Co-opted by Christians
by dfdchgf - 05/18/22 12:04 PM
Architecture photography challeng
by latinkaone - 05/16/22 09:30 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site