LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bathing problems. Help! #60750 08/17/06 06:08 PM
kyl3 Offline OP
OP Offline
My birds never take a bath, im scared its efficting there health. And could i take them in the shower?

impossible is nothing
Re: Bathing problems. Help! #60751 08/17/06 06:21 PM
stephroehr Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
Mine dont take showers but it doesn't effect them. Just spray them lightly with warm water and they should be fine.:-)

**~~steph~~**
Re: Bathing problems. Help! #60752 08/18/06 12:46 AM
S
shana Offline
S
My bird isn't all that wild about baths either. I have seen her take one or two on her own but mostly I have to "trick" her into the water. She just has to be a part of anything I am playing with on the table. When I want her to take a bath I start playing with the bath water by tapping my fingers in the bowl...pretty soon she comes over and hops in the water to play with my fingers. She usually starts bathing at that point. This doens't always work...sometimes she still won't bathe but it works about 70% of the time. If I get worried about her bathing habits I will spray her with warm water but she really HATES that. She will fly all around the room to avoid getting sprayed with the water. So odd this bird doesn't like to bathe much....all my other birds just loved it. Good luck smile

Re: Bathing problems. Help! #60753 08/18/06 02:06 AM
Smokeman0 Offline
"And could i take them in the shower?"

LOL that would be fun! Re-Re probably wouldn't like that though... She doesn't like baths too much either.

Need a graphic? A desktop wallpaper? A website layout? We can do it at Zero GFX! http://www.Zero-GFX.tk/
Re: Bathing problems. Help! #60754 08/18/06 02:56 AM
Kariva Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
well the shower thing my first parakeet loved to sit in the shower with me... granted i was about 10 then and i see now its a bad idea cuz he would get so wet and im sure the water was to hot for him....for my bird he loves baths but another thing we do is put his toys in the bottom of his bath dish so he kinda falls in to bathe.

Re: Bathing problems. Help! #60755 08/18/06 03:08 AM
S
sidra Offline
Regular
Regular
S
you know wat some birds don't like baths ..so wt i did was i bought a small bath tub and now my birds LOVE to take baths in their

**- LoVe $iD -**
Re: Bathing problems. Help! #60756 08/18/06 03:36 AM
Ghost Offline
I've recently discovered my birds want the "mood" set for baths. I set them out a big bunch of parsley, cool from the fridge & wet from a quick rinse in the sink.

In less than a minute I had 3 birds "bathing" on it and having a ball. So I pitched in with a spray bottle. For the first time they didn't mind. Some actually positioned themselves as close to me as they could get. Would turn one side, then the other, then the tail. So they got nicely wet all over. As one bird decided it was done another would move in to take its place.

In the end even the birds that normally hated being sprayed were more than happy to rub around on the parsley & get misted. I've tried it since with other greens & they seem to prefer the parsley the best. Going to try celery tops next.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Parakeet aggressive once I add in toys, help!
by Alex-x - 07/30/20 11:55 PM
a parakeet pair concern
by Durov - 07/11/20 11:42 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site