Next Thread
Print Thread
UPDATE on my move and Beebee... #60671 08/16/06 07:17 PM
annie&beebee Offline OP
Great Friend
OP Offline
Great Friend
Hi Everyone!

Well, my move is going badly so far. (I just hate moving!). I have to do it by myself and I have been moving little by little putting stuff in my car and driving it over to the new place which is about 10 minutes away.

I am being a little sneak at work right now and doing the forum stuff - SHHHH... wink

Beebee is doing good. His training is progressing really slowly. However, I think he is trying to talk! The other day, I could hear him mumbling and it sounded like he was trying to say words! It was so exciting! He is still a good boy and doesn't bite me or anything when I try to get him on my finger, but it takes him forever to step up now and he won't leave his cage. I think I am going to try a more assertive training method that I read in a parakeet book. I am a little worried about how he will adjust to the new place. I am still on the fence about getting a second bird, and I would really like to know what it is like for people who have two as far as training and bonding, as well as in general. So please tell me if you can! smile

I am afraid that my time at this forum is going to slowly dwindle down until Fall quarter begins and then I won't hardly be on it after that. I will try to be on once in a while though. So, sorry if I don't respond to a lot of the posts like I used to. smile

Take care! Wish me luck on finishing my darn move this weekend!

i ♥ beebee. ~annie
--------------------
"Adversity does not build character. Adversity reveals character." — Sandy Dahl
"There is no such thing as an ordinary life." — Alexandra Johnson
Re: UPDATE on my move and Beebee... #60672 08/16/06 07:40 PM
XxBirdlover4lifexX Offline
Regular
Regular
well my experience tells me that unless you want to take the chance of bb goin baq to his original state(untrained) you shdnt get another bird unless u REALLY feel bb would sitll interact with u then i say go for it!

Re: UPDATE on my move and Beebee... #60673 08/16/06 09:22 PM
2budgiesawesome Offline
I say if you feel like bb will be lonely-go get them a friend. Just keep at the training. Not very much harder than having one.

Re: UPDATE on my move and Beebee... #60674 08/16/06 10:04 PM
stephroehr Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
I know how you feel. I hate moving. and doing by yourself has got to be so much worse.

I think that if bb is going to be alone a lot then go ahead and get him a friend to keep him company but I'm pretty sure he will , not necessarily beomce wild again, but will prefer the other budgie over you.

I hope to see you on sometime and good luck with the move! Dont work too hard!:-)

**~~steph~~**
Re: UPDATE on my move and Beebee... #60675 08/17/06 02:58 AM
S
shana Offline
S
I moved from Oregon to Las Vegas at the beginning of August. My bird did great during the trip here and even seemed relatively happy when I let her out here in the new place. However, after a few days at the new place she seemed seriously pissed off at me and I decided she was telling me she wanted to go "home". It took about a week of her being mad at me before she settled back into her old lovey self. I think even if the bird is adventurous with your move they don't realize it means permanantly leaving the old place. Give BB time to get used to your new place and I bet he/she? returns to his/her old birdie self smile

Re: UPDATE on my move and Beebee... #60676 08/17/06 08:19 AM
annie&beebee Offline OP
Great Friend
OP Offline
Great Friend
Thanks you guys! I really appreciate you reading my post and giving me some feedback! laugh

I will definitely take heed of what has been said. Thank you, Thank you!

i ♥ beebee. ~annie
--------------------
"Adversity does not build character. Adversity reveals character." — Sandy Dahl
"There is no such thing as an ordinary life." — Alexandra Johnson

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Parakeet aggressive once I add in toys, help!
by Alex-x - 07/30/20 11:55 PM
a parakeet pair concern
by Durov - 07/11/20 11:42 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site