Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Guess who's back! #55817 05/31/06 09:19 PM
Polly Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
Hullo all! I must say, this site's grown quite a lot last I've been here (2-3 months ago).

Remeber Bruce? My new baby? Well, he's going on a downfall. Since school's been getting in the way, I haven't been spending as much time as I'd like to with him.

He's seemed to be going backwards in training. He's gotten more figity, and seemingly more afraid. He'll still hop onto my hand, but only for food and treats. Before, he'd let my pet him beneath the cheek 'n stuff. He still does, but rarely.

And he'll still nibble on my fingers, but otherwise, he's not going any further, and he's going downhill. I know in the summer I'll have more time with him, and the training will go much smoother.

But every since I went on vacation to Naples, FL for one week, he's been acting like this. It's been 2 months, and I'm worried. Was it because of my care-taker? Or something else?

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
Re: Guess who's back! #55818 05/31/06 09:27 PM
N
Nacho. Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
N
Welcome back smile

It could be your care-taker. When I went on vacation for 2 weeks my dad watched my bird. When I came back she was a wreck. The poor thing was terrified. My dad thinks the bird likes it when he waves his arms around and does all this crazy stuff when she doesn't really know him. Also his voice (which is pretty deep) scares her lol. My dad told me a couple times while I was away he tried to pet her and she flew around the cage like crazy. I was really mad that he did that. She went back to her old self in couple days but shes really brave like that and shes still young. Maybe your bird just needs to spend some alone time with you to get back to his old self. But if he starts acting like hes sick I would take him to the vet.

Re: Guess who's back! #55819 05/31/06 10:01 PM
Paul123 Offline
Regular
Regular
It could be your care-taker, How well do you know him/her? Just keep spending as much time as you can with Your bird.

Go Packers!
Brett Favre aka: Best Ever
Re: Guess who's back! #55820 06/02/06 08:57 PM
Polly Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
My care-taker was acutally one of my best friends. She has many animals, but I admit.. She's not very good with 'em. She plays with them in a way where they'll rush to me to hide, or wish they're doing suicide. Geez. Maybe she did do something to scare him.

But still.. I'm worried. I mean REALLY worried. When ever I put my hand in in the cage, he gets raelly nervous and flitters to the side. Although this morning I put my hand in there again, he nibbled my hand (only cause I had millet :p ) and flew to the side. But, he hobbled really close to the side where I am, and looked at me. Long, and good. Then, he hopped on my arm for 0.4 seconds, and then flew back to his perch. It was strange I tell ya, but in a way it made me feel better.

Do you think he'll/he is going to get/getting better?

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Upgrading my Bracelet Game
by knightgael - 01/30/23 08:44 AM
Mathematics
by Kerok - 01/26/23 05:53 AM
Nike towards the Chinese Lunar Yr inspiration
by AllanMajor - 01/25/23 07:36 AM
Why did my credit card company randomly extend my
by knightgael - 01/23/23 02:50 PM
Little Budgie Football Fans???
by Wuzzy - 01/23/23 04:56 AM
NCAA football rankings
by Wuzzy - 01/23/23 04:53 AM
Are the services of the fubotv good?
by knightgael - 01/22/23 11:13 PM
Where can I get feedback about the oncor?
by landale - 01/22/23 08:38 PM
Are product reviews important to you before you
by landale - 01/22/23 05:50 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site