Page 1 of 2 1 2
Bird Diapers #54005 05/13/06 01:47 AM
K
kiwilucy Offline OP
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
K
Found something about bird diapers or "flight suits." They are made in sizes to fit literally about any bird you can have. They of course keep your bird from pooping everywhere, and also come with a leash option so it could be something akin to a harness. Try www.birddiaper.com

Re: Bird Diapers #54006 05/13/06 02:24 AM
pretty bird Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
parakeets don't poop that much and its very easy to clean up. I let my birds fly all around and just vacumm up the little bit of poop and other stuff (seeds & feathers). I just figured I'd vacumm daily it only takes a few minutes so then its no big deal if they poop a little. Also can pick it right up with a kleenex

My name is Connie
Re: Bird Diapers #54007 05/13/06 02:50 AM
sixbirds Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
how would you like to have your poop held to your butt all day??

Re: Bird Diapers #54008 05/13/06 03:18 AM
Pickles & Penelope Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
Wow. I'm going to keep this post as composed as I possibly can.

You have no idea how angry that makes me. That is absolutely disgusting. Anyone that uses those for their bird does not deserve to be a pet owner.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" -- Dr. Seuss
Re: Bird Diapers #54009 05/13/06 04:00 AM
climbtreez Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I personaly love the idea. With the flight suit and leash you can have your bird fly safely outside instead of it being cooped up inside. And if any one looks at the design of the flight suit, they would see that the design is spose to make the poop travel away from the bird into a pouch.

Also for people who will make the argument, its mean to do that. Think of it this way, then it would also crule by your standers to put a toddler on a leash or a dog in one of those dog shirts.

and Pickles, I would just like to point out that thats your own opinion

WARNING: May resort to babaling and ranting at times. Short attention spans take caution.
Re: Bird Diapers #54010 05/13/06 07:23 AM
K
kiwilucy Offline OP
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
K
Whoa now....yes, take a look; they are designed to keep the poop off of the bird and are quite comfortable. I've included a picture in this post but on the site there is a full description of the design. Might do a little research before getting angry - it saves you the stress and anxiety. There are enough things in this world to get us hot and bothered smile

However, what we choose to do with our birds is opinion. Many bird experts recommend these and I found out about it in BirdTalk Magazine, but I'm sure there are people out there who wouldn't choose to put one on their bird, whatever the reason may be.

I have a cockatiel and her poops are a lot larger than parakeets. Also my roommates don't like her pooping even though I clean everything up totally. Thought you guys would be interested and it would be cool to mention something that might be helpful to other bird owners but I'm sorry to any of you that were offended.

[Linked Image]

Re: Bird Diapers #54011 05/13/06 12:28 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally posted by Pickles & Penelope:
Wow. I'm going to keep this post as composed as I possibly can.

You have no idea how angry that makes me. That is absolutely disgusting. Anyone that uses those for their bird does not deserve to be a pet owner.
This is an item that is on sale and which might seem helpful to some pet owners. I know nothing about it. I don't know how safe or comfortable these are. Have you checked them out? Have you checked with experts? Have you seen how birds respond to them?

They may be horrible for the birds to wear, or they may not be bad for them at all and might, therefore be useful to owners. I don't know, but to tell someone that 'Anyone that uses those for their bird does not deserve to be a pet owner', without even checking it out is too harsh, I think.

Even if you knew that they were harmful, friendly advice would be more acceptable than a comment like that - don't you think?

If you are angry and disgusted by this item, then that's fine to say so, but it is not right to insult fellow forum-members.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Re: Bird Diapers #54012 05/13/06 02:16 PM
blank Offline
Companion
Companion
Originally posted by PDM:
Originally posted by Pickles & Penelope:
[b] Wow. I'm going to keep this post as composed as I possibly can.

This is an item that is on sale and which might seem helpful to some pet owners. I know nothing about it. I don't know how safe or comfortable these are. Have you checked them out? Have you checked with experts? Have you seen how birds respond to them?

They may be horrible for the birds to wear, or they may not be bad for them at all and might, therefore be useful to owners. I don't know, but to tell someone that 'Anyone that uses those for their bird does not deserve to be a pet owner', without even checking it out is too harsh, I think.

Even if you knew that they were harmful, friendly advice would be more acceptable than a comment like that - don't you think?

If you are angry and disgusted by this item, then that's fine to say so, but it is not right to insult fellow forum-members. [/b]
Wow. I didn't read into that as an insult at all - merely personal opinion. I guess I am used to forums that are a little more open-minded when it comes to allowing people to state their opinions. Having seen Pickles & Penelope's other posts - I don't think this was meant as a "flame" of any sort, rather, just something that they felt strongly about. Ah well...this is just "my" opinion though...lol...dunno if that's allowed or not.

Re: Bird Diapers #54013 05/13/06 02:24 PM
K
Kiwi x3 Peeps Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
K
I didn't think Pickles was saying that Kiwilucy didn't deserve to be a pet owner, just somebody that has one. I think it's a great idea. I would love to get 2 and have Kiwi and Peeps outside. I'm not sure how they would like it, though. But there was something on that site called a bird sweater ( http://www.flightquarters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=FSW ) and I would think the birds would hate that more. But I can't see the pics clearly, so maybe they are ok.

R.I.P. Genny and Storm♥
I will always L♥VE you!

Kiwi-1/9/05--
Peeps-4/22/06--
Storm-8/11/05--4/20/06 \:\(
Re: Bird Diapers #54014 05/13/06 07:01 PM
A
AyEe Y0o Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
A
Well, I'm with Pickles... they are not human babies or baby monkeys to keep diapers, or sweaters like that, every day on them. It's toture... you know, it's hard enough for them to be in the cage...

This isn't a great idea!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
How Tire Shredders Affect Our Climate
by allenlu - 12/28/21 06:18 AM
Modafinil 200mg Tablet: Provigil Uses, Dosage
by modafinilxpills - 12/27/21 07:16 AM
Three babies!
by Lanapo - 12/24/21 11:55 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site