Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
No idea where i stand #52710 05/02/06 07:34 PM
Rocky Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
With my budgie Joey, ive had him for 1 month now and he seems to be fine. I belive he is just finishing molting as he had some pin feathers in his head (atleast i think thats what it was) and my mother told me there was lots of feathers in his cage over the weekend (i cant spend time with him from friday-sunday) He adores his cage, when i try to bring him out, he tries to hop back on his perch, but if i am fast enough to bring him out if i move him to the other side of the room he is very content to sit on my shoulder or ontop of the monitor.

There are sometimes he wants to come out the cage on his own but he doesnt seem to want to spend any time with me. I can get him on my finger no problem and once he is on my finger he seems to sit there quite content. There are times when he will not want to get on my finger, as in i have to force him from his perch, curtain rod or monitor (the last 2 are his favourite places out of the cage) and there are times when if i take him out my room (where he always is) and put him on the floor, he will scurry back over to my finger and step on willingly.

He NEVER bites me, if i hold him on my finger up vertically he gently rubs his beak on my finger as if to say "oi, stoppit" but thats the worst ive got from him (apart from when i lift his wings up, which is understandable)

I have NO idea where i stand with him, please note ive bought him various toys and he hasnt looked twice at any of them.

Do i have just a very quiet timid and shy budgie?

Re: No idea where i stand #52711 05/02/06 08:47 PM
issy_jones Offline
Regular
Regular
He does seem really content, maybe he is just shy and timid! He certainly seems to love you though. Maybe just a bit moody at times? I'm sure you're fine. smile Just keep being nice and patient!

I love my Skeeter!
Re: No idea where i stand #52712 05/02/06 08:54 PM
Rocky Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
I should add i believe he is molting, this could add to the moody situation? He may have been molting for the whole month ive had him so he might not be 100% himself yet, i hope so anyway.

Re: No idea where i stand #52713 05/03/06 01:25 AM
V
victor Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
V
Rocky you are doing very well and so is Joey. You are way ahead of the game compared to most new parakeet owners. Resist getting impatient. I do not believe Joey is shy or timid - quite the contrary - he is less skittish than most. Right now the key thing is patience and do not back off from interaction. Resist the temptation to get bored or complacent. Really engage him when talking - and be enthusiastic, good eye contact. Feed him special treats from your hands - have you started offering vegetables and baths yet - this would be a good time if you haven't. I think you are doing well - and I believe in the next 2-3 months thing will continue to progress at Joey's speed.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Buy Artvigil 150mg online
by rxonlinesecure - 05/20/22 08:53 AM
Statue of Liberty Co-opted by Christians
by dfdchgf - 05/18/22 12:04 PM
Architecture photography challeng
by latinkaone - 05/16/22 09:30 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site