Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: UpDate.... 5/11/06 Hole In Crickets' Crop #52472 05/09/06 02:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No I took care of it my-self which is something I should have done in the first place.. For a few days I placed a band aid around it w/triple antibiotic cream because the hole was so big the food would fall out... *it was pretty gross* When it got to be a little smaller than a push pin i didn't put a band aid on it so the air could keep the flesh from staying soft... Come to find out the girl vet was still in training... But now anymore!

Re: UpDate.... 5/11/06 Hole In Crickets' Crop #52473 05/09/06 02:49 AM
A
AyEe Y0o Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
A
You know, Cyn... it really hurts. Hang in there and hope that one day, it'll all just be a memory to him..., so you could start your training with him once more. We all pray.

Re: UpDate.... 5/11/06 Hole In Crickets' Crop #52474 05/10/06 08:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give an animal enough love over enough years and they will come around eventually.. I so sorry that happened.. I am sure with time you will feel "the love" from criket again...

Good luck

Re: UpDate.... 5/11/06 Hole In Crickets' Crop #52475 05/11/06 01:13 AM
blank Offline
Companion
Companion
Cyn, how is Cricket doing now? Hopefully healing well. I've been thinking about him.

Re: UpDate.... 5/11/06 Hole In Crickets' Crop #52476 05/11/06 01:38 AM
K
Kiwi x3 Peeps Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
K
That made me so mad! You live in Worcester? I live pretty close to there and I go to a vet there. Which vet did you go to? I go to a place called the Wordester cat and bird hospital. I hope I don't have to start traveling to Boston everytime I need to go to the vet. Grrr. I am so upset.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is the crop the stomach area? I don't know what it is. I got really confused. I would have called her worse things than a xxxxx and then I would have taken Kiwi or Peeps away as soon as she grabbed them. My vet puts a face cloth over the birds to handle them. So far, they have been really gentle. I reccomended them to my friend and they were just as gentle with her bird. i am just so ticked at your vet!!! Poor Cricket. How is he now? How are the feathers? You should sue her and then buy more great things with all the money. smile Muahahaha. *grins evily*

R.I.P. Genny and Storm♥
I will always L♥VE you!

Kiwi-1/9/05--
Peeps-4/22/06--
Storm-8/11/05--4/20/06 \:\(
Re: UpDate.... 5/11/06 Hole In Crickets' Crop #52477 05/11/06 01:43 AM
jessabean Offline
Friend
Friend
everytime i see that picture i want to cry. =(.. hopefully the feathers will start growing back with the next molt? i dont know the info on how feathers grow back.

~ Katzie
~ Mika <3 10/8/05
Re: UpDate.... 5/11/06 Hole In Crickets' Crop #52478 05/11/06 02:54 AM
Cully's Mom Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Oh Cyn! That is just horrible!!! I can't even put it into words! I'm just so glad cricket has you!!!!

Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die!
Re: UpDate.... 5/11/06 Hole In Crickets' Crop #52479 05/12/06 02:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cricket is doing a lot better than I thought... I take him *I think Crickets is a him might be a her* everyday... I'm trying to show him that not all touching hurts... He still screams and resist but after he is out he calms down a little... He hasn't bonded with any of my other birds yet so I rub his head like parakeets do to each other and he love it... So this way he to is getting some kind of effection... I guess all is good with him the only thing he does not like is to have my hand rapped around his whole body. I mostly just keep him on my shoulder so he can relax. He like nibbling on my lips and earlobes... By the way his feather are starting to come in now... :p
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: UpDate.... 5/11/06 Hole In Crickets' Crop #52480 05/13/06 01:34 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
What a terrible thing top happen - you should be able to trust. Sadly, money sometimes comes before the comfort of the animal.

Having said that - and fully understanding why you are upset and angry - I cannot condone some of the things that have been posted.

Watch your language and do not post anything which seems to incite any sort of violence. Thank you. smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Re: UpDate.... 5/11/06 Hole In Crickets' Crop #52481 05/13/06 03:55 PM
K
kiwilucy Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
K
Oh my what that vet did was horrible. I took my birds to a vet that I didn't like and they won't be back, but what yours did is nothing short of disgusting. I'm so sorry for you and your bird.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
How Tire Shredders Affect Our Climate
by allenlu - 12/28/21 06:18 AM
Modafinil 200mg Tablet: Provigil Uses, Dosage
by modafinilxpills - 12/27/21 07:16 AM
Three babies!
by Lanapo - 12/24/21 11:55 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site