Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
So angry at a friend.... #49228 04/10/06 01:49 AM
Sky&Friends Offline OP
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
Today, my friend, Summer, told me something that broke my heart... I was walking up to her door and I heard her cockatiel, Angle, whistling a bit, witch reminded me of when she came to my door and told me that she got a parakeet that looked kinda like sky. Anyway, she came out side with me, nd we were walking down to the par together, then I asked her how the keet was doing.. the next thing she said broke my heart.

It went kinda like this:

Me: So, hows the new parakeet doing?
Her:She died... *Summer laughs*
Me:*I hit summer in the arm* What!? Thats not funny, How did that happen?
Her: Nothing, I just put her in the cage with Angel and the next moring she was dead..
Me: You idiot! you don't put two different kinds of bitrs in the same cage!
Her:Wy not? My grandmother said it was ok.
Me: Because, one, Angel could have gotten very sick form that! And two, Keets and Tiels don't usaly get alnog that well. Angle probably killed her.
Her: So what? it wasn't even my bird, it was my grandmother's.. *Summer laughs again*
Me:Why you heartless little.....
------
So yeah, that pretty much what happened. I was heart broken about the whole thing, but was powerless to help at all, Angel is a wonderfull little bird, but I still don't know why Summer refuses to take care of her when she claims that she blongs to her....

This is why I hate for young people to have birds, when they don't know how to take care of them! Summer is only nine years old, she doesn't take Angle to the vet, or clean her cage, or do anything for her. i havtold her many time that I would gladly take Angel and let her have a bigger cae, and more toys and all thatshe doesn't have now, And that she could visit her antime she wanted. i'm home all the time , so I have to time to take care of her wen Summer would be at school, I feel so bad for her, she is smaller than my five or six mothe old tiel... She went throught the ting when she was vommiting all over her cage and wourced to walk around in it for over a week since there is no grate ot the bottom of her cage. and Summer paid no mind to it, she only told me that se did it all the time. Isn't that a resone to take her to the vet!? I dispise Summer now because of how her and her grand mothet treat Angel, It makes me sick to my stomach.

Thes alot of things that bother me about theway that Angle has to live, most of them I have no power to stop or even help... I just needed to get this off my chest, as well as thefact that some of you might have some advice or something.

MY LITTLE ZOO!
Sky, Female Budgie.
Kiwi, Female Budgie.
Pebbles. Male Budgie. NEW ARIVAL!
Tiki, Female Cockatiel.
Taaj, Male Cockatiel.
Peaches, Female Cockatiel.
Moacca, Male Cockatiel.
Mango, Female Lovebird
Re: So angry at a friend.... #49229 04/10/06 02:39 AM
A
AyEe Y0o Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
A
So called friend...

Re: So angry at a friend.... #49230 04/10/06 02:42 AM
pretty bird Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
I don't blame you for being sick about it sounds terrible. I also hate seeing animals being treated badly. Sounds like she should not have pets at all. I'd like to know what is wrong with the grandmother.

My name is Connie
Re: So angry at a friend.... #49231 04/10/06 02:48 AM
BirdieJabbers Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
I know it sounds a little cruel but maybe you should call the humane society and they can warn your friend and her grandmother. Even if they take her tiel away, it's for the better for the tiel and your friend. Maybe she'll learn a lesson!

Haiku & Me!
RIP JACK FROST \:\(
Watch a keet grow! http://www.wavian.com/keet/pictures.html
Re: So angry at a friend.... #49232 04/10/06 04:27 AM
W
Weepingddragon Offline
Companion
Companion
W
birdie jabbers is right. That sort of thing is very cruel. Even though i go to school, i still take my birds out 3-5 times a day or will keep them in my room. I think its nice for a little kid to have a pet, but parents also need to keep close watch to make sure kids dont do something stupid. I remember when i first got my bird, i was around 7. Mom and dad made me swear i would keep good care of it. Every day after school i would get my bird and go to my friends house. The relationship with him was great and he even enjoyed bike rides and hanging upside down.

Re: So angry at a friend.... #49233 04/10/06 05:20 AM
BirdieJabbers Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
Another thing is if Angel gets taken away maybe you can take Angel home with you from the humane society ASAP?
It will be nice for the girl to be able to visit Angel. But this shouldn't make the girl very sad if Angel is taken away since it seems she doesn't seem to give a care about her. Poor Angel, I hope she ends up okay!

Haiku & Me!
RIP JACK FROST \:\(
Watch a keet grow! http://www.wavian.com/keet/pictures.html
Re: So angry at a friend.... #49234 04/10/06 06:05 AM
Sky&Friends Offline OP
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
I think that she like Algel alot, but its her grand mother I cn't get around... I have no power to get angel from them.. I'll see if Summer can have company tomorrow, i'll keep you all posted!

MY LITTLE ZOO!
Sky, Female Budgie.
Kiwi, Female Budgie.
Pebbles. Male Budgie. NEW ARIVAL!
Tiki, Female Cockatiel.
Taaj, Male Cockatiel.
Peaches, Female Cockatiel.
Moacca, Male Cockatiel.
Mango, Female Lovebird
Re: So angry at a friend.... #49235 04/10/06 07:13 AM
Cristina Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
That's really sad! I don't understand why people get pets they can't properly take care of. It's really cruel and inhumane to get animals and not give them the love and attention they deserve. Maybe you can nicely talk to her grandma and your friend and educate her on caring for birds and let her know that no living creature deserves to be in that condition. If she can't properly take care of it then she needs to find the tiel a better home where it will get the love and care it deserves. Please keep us posted.

Oh like Birdie Jabber's mentioned if you can, you can adopt the Tiel and let them know that they can visit the tiel whenever they want.

"You never stop loving someone, you just learn to live without them"
Re: So angry at a friend.... #49236 04/10/06 01:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Believe it or not if they do not respond you can call your local animal control and they will come out and inspect the bird. If they find that the bird is malnourished and in bad living conditions they will take the bird away from the the owner and put it up for adoption.. Usually they will give the owner an inital warning and set a date to come back and check on the bird to make sure conditions of care are being met.

It may sound harsh but if your friends bird really is underweight and left in poor living condtions you really should call... You do not have to get around anybody this way and they will either be forced to take care of the animal or give it up... But you need to make sure that it is in poor conditions and looks unhealthy. You need to do what is best for the bird.. if you are concerned you can also call and speak to animal control explaining the situation and see if they have any advice..

This is true for any animal anyone see's being mistreated...You are correct there are some people that should not have animals and the good thing is the law for the most part is on the side of the animals.. it is privilage not a right!

Sorry if I sound blunt but I get annoyed so much by the mistreatment of any animal!

Re: So angry at a friend.... #49237 04/10/06 01:48 PM
Ross Offline
Regular
Regular
Thats so sad! I wouldn't be friends with people like that, although i have had a simelar experience with my older brother. He killed one of my first keets. It was a huge tragedy because it left me to care for the eggs since i had lost the father too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Summit White als auch Tech Grey
by AllanMajor - 10/06/22 02:04 PM
medieval stained glass dragon
by AllanMajor - 10/05/22 12:17 PM
Health and Behavior Questions.....
by AllanMajor - 10/03/22 02:32 PM
Need To Unplug
by AllanMajor - 09/30/22 12:11 PM
Getting Your Book Published
by AllanMajor - 09/29/22 08:57 AM
CC02 Rubber standard golf club gripes
by WilliamC00 - 09/28/22 02:33 PM
GARDEN FLOWERS
by Daruka - 09/27/22 06:18 PM
God's Court
by leyibop - 09/20/22 08:41 PM
What does this dream mean?
by juniovidx - 09/08/22 12:04 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site