Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: something up with cere... #47168 03/28/06 05:19 AM
Jloc Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Yeah when the cere turns brown and crusty then the female is going into heat. SOmetimes the can rub off the crust after they are done being in heat, and the cere can return to it's normal color, but often it just stays brown, but you can still tell when they go into heat when it gets all crusty again. As for mellow if the cere is white with blue sides, or just a light blue tint I would think female, most males never have white at all, so even though blue means boy if there is a lot of white in there that is usually female. If you can get some better pics of mellows cere maybe we can help, I don't want to tell you to keep them seperate but I don't want to be wrong and then they have babies. What I would do is see a vet, just a normal visit nothing special, that way you know if they can be together or not, because I am sure they will get a little depressed being seperated, so if you don't have to seperate them that would be better, BUT you must make sure that mellow is female first. SO I would go this week and have them vet tell you what sex mellow is. Well at least you know now that everything is fine and your bird is healthy and female. Best of luck and best wishes. Jloc

Frodo, Sam Wise, Shelby, and Scooter
Re: something up with cere... #47169 03/28/06 03:05 PM
parakeetboy Offline
Companion
Companion
They shouldn't have babies if they don't have an nesting box.

Here is a riddle for you that 80% of a kindergarden class got that only 17% of the staff got. PM me the answer.
What is greater than God, More evel than the Devil, The poor have it, the rich need it, and if you eat it you will die?
Re: something up with cere... #47170 03/28/06 09:01 PM
T
Three birds Offline OP
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
T
thanks. i will try to get some pics of mellow but it will be hard since mellow is not hand tame.

Hi! For those who know Annar2, i am Annar2 .I just changed my username.before Fourbirds got penelope her username was Threebirds.just so you know i did not change my name without asking her.
Re: something up with cere... #47171 03/28/06 09:06 PM
Jloc Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Parakeet boy they can still mate and lay eggs without a nest. They will just lay the eggs on the bottom of the cages, I see that and hear about it a lot. Even at the petstores I have seen Teil constantly laying eggs at the bottom of the cage. It happens, a nest box just helps them and they are more likely to lay eggs, but not having one doesn't mean they won't. It wouldn't be worth the risk. Best of luck and best wishes. Jloc

Frodo, Sam Wise, Shelby, and Scooter
Re: something up with cere... #47172 03/28/06 09:14 PM
sixbirds Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
just watch mellow to see if it looks like she is courting....and if shes not tame, they shouldnt really be together anyway..you put them together to soon.

Re: something up with cere... #47173 03/28/06 10:14 PM
T
Three birds Offline OP
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
T
i am getting a new cage so i might separate them. what does courting mean?

Hi! For those who know Annar2, i am Annar2 .I just changed my username.before Fourbirds got penelope her username was Threebirds.just so you know i did not change my name without asking her.
Re: something up with cere... #47174 03/28/06 10:35 PM
sixbirds Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
nevermind..buy a book..just separate them...

Re: something up with cere... #47175 03/28/06 10:41 PM
Pickles & Penelope Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
I thought parakeets had to have a nest box in order to feel comfortable enough to lay eggs? I also read that if two parakeets are tame they won't mate.

Soooo... Pickles and Penelope could possibly get together one day?! =D *crosses fingers*

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" -- Dr. Seuss
Re: something up with cere... #47176 03/29/06 12:06 AM
sixbirds Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
i swear..hardly anybody pays attention any more.. smile if you guys read other posts..if a bird wants to do it with another bird......THEY DONT NEED A NEST BOX...sorry..im just a bit annoyed because people keep asking questions of the same thing OVER and OVER again..buy some books youguys.. smile im not mad..just a bit frustrated...

Re: something up with cere... #47177 03/29/06 12:09 AM
sixbirds Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
if you would just read things first....geeze....jloc already said in this thing that you dont have to have a nest for them to mate....*sigh....* im off for today....

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site