Next Thread
Print Thread
Conure Food #45722 03/16/06 11:02 PM
C
Cosmo Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hello!

I was wondering do I have to feed my Sun Conure fruit and Veggies all the time? I havn't. i have only been feeding him the seed diet that has a number of seen and peanuts and stuff that the people at the Exotic bird shop gave me.

Thankyou

Re: Conure Food #45723 03/16/06 11:26 PM
Jloc Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Look around for some Beak Appetite, it is a wet food, you just add water and cook it, some are microwavable and some you just boiling water. It is very easy and very good food, Tiki like the Carribean Crunch, it has all kinds of stuff in it like seeds,nuts, veggies, fruits, rice and much more. Tiki loves it. What you do is take out the other food dishes with the seeds in it and just leave that food in there for a couple hours, and the replace the seeds and remove the wet food. It might take a couple days before he eats it but he will and will love it too. Our bird loves it, we always warm it up a bit too, I read that conures like warm food like us, just be very careful that food can heat up quick, it only needs a few seconds to warm. Also if he is being stubborn you can mix a little of his seeds in it, we actually do that everytime now but just a little bit of seeds. They also come in many flavors, so far there isn't one Tiki didn't like. They also make one that is called Veggie Heaven, it is all veggies and Tiki actually wasn't a fan of that one but we mixed it with the other kind and he ate it. So try that you can find it at Petco, I have not seen it at Petsmart near me but you can check. Also I know you can order it if you can't find. DrsFosterSmith have it in their catalog I believe. We also add a tiny pinch of vitamins to it, Prime is the brand it is the best stuff out there as far as vitamins and it can be used on almost any type of bird. It works best on wet food, just put a tiny pinch and stir it in, it has everything they need, if they eat pellets though you shouldn't use it at all. Prime is like $10-$12 for a little jar, but it actually lasts a long time because you only use a tiny bit. Well I hope that helps, try to find some of that Beak Appetite, I am sure he will love it, might take a few days but just take out the seed bowl and put in the beak appetite for a couple hours twice a day, you should try to give him some once in the morning and once at night, and the rest of the day just have his seed mix in there, not a lot though, you don't want him to fill up on seeds and not eat the wet food. It is a bit messy though, sometimes he gets it all over his face and beak, and we usually just rub it off with water, although he does it himself sometimes. AGain he loves the stuff. So good luck and best wishes. Jloc

Frodo, Sam Wise, Shelby, and Scooter
Re: Conure Food #45724 03/17/06 01:54 AM
cmpltlyrandom Offline
With my green cheeck conure he just eats about anything i eat, i find he like apples and grapes best try everything thats not harmful and its cheaper to feed it things you also eat

Pease
Re: Conure Food #45725 03/17/06 02:54 AM
Jloc Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Agreed Tiki tries to eat everything we eat, as long as it's not junk food it's fine, also of course you know no avacado, chocolate, caffine, ect. Also try to never give them anything fried, the grease can make them sick. Jloc

Re: Conure Food #45726 03/17/06 05:01 AM
C
Cosmo Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks everyone smile

So the wet food is called Beak Appetite?

Re: Conure Food #45727 03/17/06 05:09 AM
Jloc Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Yes, it comes in a little carton with a plastic lid. It's around $5-$6 but it makes a lot of meals. The best way to do it is cook it and feeze most of it, and just take out a little at a time to feed him, enough for two meals is what we do. It lasts in the fridge for 4 or 5 days I believe but we like to freeze the extra. It's good stuff so give it a try, best of luck. Jloc

Re: Conure Food #45728 03/17/06 05:36 AM
A
AyEe Y0o Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
A
Jloc, why don't you put up a picture on your Avatar of "ALL" your birdies?! Just a thought.

Re: Conure Food #45729 03/17/06 05:37 AM
C
Cosmo Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Yes I would love you see your Conure Jloc!

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Summit White als auch Tech Grey
by AllanMajor - 10/06/22 02:04 PM
medieval stained glass dragon
by AllanMajor - 10/05/22 12:17 PM
Health and Behavior Questions.....
by AllanMajor - 10/03/22 02:32 PM
Need To Unplug
by AllanMajor - 09/30/22 12:11 PM
Getting Your Book Published
by AllanMajor - 09/29/22 08:57 AM
CC02 Rubber standard golf club gripes
by WilliamC00 - 09/28/22 02:33 PM
GARDEN FLOWERS
by Daruka - 09/27/22 06:18 PM
God's Court
by leyibop - 09/20/22 08:41 PM
What does this dream mean?
by juniovidx - 09/08/22 12:04 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site