Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: headwigs dead(albino)/ keets for sale #44852 03/11/06 01:43 PM
blondelostnny Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I'm sorry about Hedwig but you shouldnt get rid of your other keets, you put Hedwig with them too soon, they got territorial, normal human nature!! Thats why you have to start them off in two different cages and let them get used to each other!

I dont think getting rid of them is the best thing to do, I understand your upset but its not like they did it to kill the bird! So maybe have another family member look after your keets for now, give yourself time and then take them back!

My keets:
Charity
Tarzan
Re: headwigs dead(albino)/ keets for sale #44853 03/11/06 02:38 PM
K
Kiwi x3 Peeps Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
K
thats too bad... good luck with finding them the right home and getting a good new baby bird laugh

R.I.P. Genny and Storm♥
I will always L♥VE you!

Kiwi-1/9/05--
Peeps-4/22/06--
Storm-8/11/05--4/20/06 \:\(
Re: headwigs dead(albino)/ keets for sale #44854 03/11/06 02:52 PM
Kesai Offline
Companion
Companion
I am so sorry for your loss, I know how hard it is to lose a pet and it wasn't so long ago that I lost one of my parakeets Elly and the pain is still very fresh in my mind.

I think blondelostnny has a good idea letting someone watch your keets for awhile, when we're in grieving it's really hard to make objective decisions and while I am sure you've weighed this over many times, you might want to hold of on anything definitive till you've given yourself time to grieve. As many people mentioned there are a variety of reasons head wig may have starved. It took Kivan and Elly the first keets I got awhile before they'd try their new food and many keets do starve in the beginning b/c of that reason they don't feel secure enough to eat. In the future always quarantine the new birdies for a few weeks to make sure it's healthy and wont pass on sickness to your other keets, that it's eating, and has a chance to adjust to its new environment before introducing it to the other birds. If you want a strong bond between your bird then it is best to have just one or start at with one and work with the keet, it takes tremendous patience, they wont always take to you right away and you have to be persistant and try not to get pesimisstic when progress is slow or none existant they'll resond better if you're patient, calm, confident, and optimistic, then if you try and train them when your irritated and/or rushed. It can be such a slow process the training but don't give up, don't think it's just this bird that's unfriendly (it may be) but you can't approach them with that attitude.

I wish you the best and if you decide to give your keets away be sure and give them a good home. I also reccomend giving yourself some time to grieve before buying a new keet.

Re: headwigs dead(albino)/ keets for sale #44855 03/11/06 03:43 PM
Pickles & Penelope Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
If Hedwig was pooping normally, she WAS eating.

Did you ever see him/her eating?

Even if you didn't, chances are, s/he was.

Did you buy any chance buy Hedwig from a petstore?

Why I want to know: my first parakeet was VERY docile, and was on my finger the day I bought him home. I thought he really liked me, too. He ate a lot, and his poops were normal, but suddenly he kept getting weak (after only having him a few days). I took him to the vet and the vet told me he starved to death.

Kind of a coincidence our stories are so similair.

What my bird had was a disease that wouldn't allow him to extract any nutrients from his food, so he kept eating, but was starving to death =(

If you're absolutely sure this can't be what was wrong, was your cage too small? You need a food dish for every parakeet, a water dish for each, etc. If you crowded them together, chances are they felt like there wasn't enough room and they got territorial.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" -- Dr. Seuss
Re: headwigs dead(albino)/ keets for sale #44856 03/11/06 04:07 PM
Carlyn Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
arrow564, i know how u feel on losing a bird...i lost the bird of my life yesterday, and now i only have 1 keet left and hes very lonely...dont get rid of your keets to a stranger, give them to a family member for a while until the pain has passed...

MY BIRDS:Topsie,Peeps,Snape,& Hedwig
R.I.P
Topsie 3-10-06
Radar 5-8-06
Hamtaro 8-4-06
Re: headwigs dead(albino)/ keets for sale #44857 03/11/06 06:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sorry to hear about your loss.. that is very heartbreaking. You have a right to your feelings... and honestly if you cannot overcome your feelings of hurt towards your keets it would not be good for either you or them to be together..

I do not not think you are a bad person in any way... everybody deals with things differently and that is okay. From what you said it sounds like your keets are bonded together and not to you.. If this is case, then it should not be too traumatic on them if you find them a good home...

It is hard to lose something you love.. but try to forgive your birds no matter what. The vet does not know everything, he does not live with you and did not see... He is drawing conclusions.. Also if he was so sure why did he not pick up the bird wasn't eating and being picked on when you brought Hedwig in before for the check up?.. Did you ever think about that? How did he miss that on the checkup? If your keets were picking on Hedwig there would have been there signs then as well.. The point is you just never know.. It may have had to do with genetics.. it may have been your keets.. it may have been illness.... without labs you will never know.

I know it does not matter now.. It does not take away the hurt, and again I am truly sorry for you loss..

Jloc is correct though if you want a close relationship with your bird only get 1 to start.

Best of luck to you..and I truly hope you will be okay..

Re: headwigs dead(albino)/ keets for sale #44858 03/12/06 03:27 AM
arrow564 Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
thankes but my aunt has alreddy bought them

Re: headwigs dead(albino)/ keets for sale #44859 03/13/06 02:32 AM
arrow564 Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
its offisial they will be gone tomarrow
thankes all

Re: headwigs dead(albino)/ keets for sale #44860 03/13/06 03:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am happy you found them a good home!

Best of luck with your new bird or birds..

Re: headwigs dead(albino)/ keets for sale #44861 03/13/06 03:31 AM
arrow564 Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
thankes all

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Why in 2013 Abercromibie Fitch Jackets So Popular?
by Conrad John - 11/23/21 09:15 PM
What is Sustainable Leeather
by alishanathaniel - 11/21/21 11:21 PM
Assessing Your Local Tire Recycling Market
by allenlu - 11/15/21 08:21 AM
Xanax cod saturday delivery fedex
by Walgreens USA - 10/29/21 09:43 AM
Buy Modafinil 200mg Tablets Cash on Delivery
by modafinilxpills - 10/27/21 08:32 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site