Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
headwigs dead(albino)/ keets for sale #44842 03/11/06 04:13 AM
arrow564 Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
head wig diad yesterday morning after just 3 days with me she got verry weak and diad frown
i miss her so much not evin 12 houers after haveing her she was on my finger playing with me
amazing i know. frown
she would wait for me after school to play with me
she was beaing picked on by the others but she was a fighter but i had no idea that she was beaing starved by the others (she was pooing good and on a reguler baces to) mad
the vet told me after looking at the body
i was soooo furious and still am mad
i can nolonger bear to look at them espesially after the funiral this mourning mad
i gave her a proper islamic funiral
i wrapped her in a white cloth and buirred her in the backyard and said a prayer
every time i look at the others how they wont even step up and how buckbeak has just compleatly forgotten her training and how they kept tourchering hedwig and not letting her eat and i wont to scream mad mad
i have decided after a lot of thinking that i will sell them and start anew
i will not get 3 keets whom i have no concern over the age but a single baby that has JUST arrived at the petstor that day and i will begun training imedeatly
dont try to discurrig me or tell me off i have spokin to manny people abought this and have thought aboutit and have made up my mind and will soon be posting pics of them with contact info

thank you

i you are interested please e-mail me at mjmroue@hotmail.com
thankes

Re: headwigs dead(albino)/ keets for sale #44843 03/11/06 04:20 AM
Shaylynn Offline
Companion
Companion
I'm very, very sorry about Hedwig. That's very sad. Are you ok?

Consider the fact that you loved both of your parakeets before you loved Hedwig. Through your frustration with them, do you still love them? They are living creatures, and so I ask you put thought into this. Maybe you could give them another try? Do what you think is best.

Re: headwigs dead(albino)/ keets for sale #44844 03/11/06 04:22 AM
S
scottbomb Offline
S
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Do you know for sure that the other keets starved her? How can you tell if you're at school all day? The vet may know that she was starving, but it could be her own doing. I've heard that birds will starve before eating unfamilar food. My point is, it might not be the other birds' fault.

I won't try to talk you out of selling them, but please don't hurt them or make them suffer. If they did hurt your baby, remember that they are animals and don't know better like us humans. They have their instincts and I've read that keets will (sometimes) kill a sick keet to protect the flock.

Please accept my condolences, but please make sure you've completely thought this decision through from all angles. You have a right to be sad and angry. But please - don't punish the others as they may be totally innocent.

Re: headwigs dead(albino)/ keets for sale #44845 03/11/06 04:24 AM
A
AyEe Y0o Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
A
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear such news... R.I.P Head wig.

Re: headwigs dead(albino)/ keets for sale #44846 03/11/06 04:36 AM
arrow564 Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
no i would never be crule to them!! I will treat them wright up till the end wether that be death (NATURAL DEATH) or selling them
i have just come to realize that they will never be a close to me as i wont them to be and to me a pet should not be a decortion on the wall that your friends goggle over but a companion
to me if there is someone out there who may be able to train them give them a better life style then my incredubly low budget can handle then why not
i dont wont a pet i wont a companion
i dont think that animals are just that for gods sake humans are animals and MOST of the time we are worse then any animal that DOSENT know better atleast they dont drive planes in to buildings claiming its for islam and shi*ting on the GRATE name of islam infron of the whole world(wow went off topek a bit...)
but i wont a friend (dont get me wrong i have friends)but i dont wont to be a master wich is what is what i am to them the crule relentless master whom they do not wont to be with. if they dont wont me (and obviously dont) then i feel the best thing for them is to give them to someone whom they will like

Re: headwigs dead(albino)/ keets for sale #44847 03/11/06 04:42 AM
Cristina Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Arrow564, I'm so sorry, that is so sad. I'm sure you will be able to find them good homes. Good luck with everything and let us know how it works out.

"You never stop loving someone, you just learn to live without them"
Re: headwigs dead(albino)/ keets for sale #44848 03/11/06 04:46 AM
Shaylynn Offline
Companion
Companion
Arrow, I think you said that very well. And I think that from what you ahve explained, you are making the best decision for the birds AND you. That's very smart and respectful of you, and I hope it works out.

Re: headwigs dead(albino)/ keets for sale #44849 03/11/06 05:04 AM
arrow564 Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Originally posted by Shaylynn:
Arrow, I think you said that very well. And I think that from what you ahve explained, you are making the best decision for the birds AND you. That's very smart and respectful of you, and I hope it works out.
thanke you soo much i really appresheat it

Re: headwigs dead(albino)/ keets for sale #44850 03/11/06 05:47 AM
Jloc Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I won't comment on the situation at hand, I feel differently about it, but you are your own person and you make the decisions with your birds. I will say that I am so sorry for your loss, I know how hard it is to lose a loved one, even just a new one. There are many things that could have caused your babies death, it could have been starving at the store and getting moved with all the stress could have done it, there really are million things that could have caused it, it's very possible your birds have nothing to do with your birds death, all birds will act like like that when a new one is brought in, they must establish who is boss, and usually the newest one is considered the lowest one and treated not as good as the others, thats all normal. It is best to keep new birds in their own cage for a couple weeks at least for quarantine and so the birds can slowly get use to each other, that way they hear and see the new bird before they get put together and so the new bird can learn to eat of out his/her dishes and water bottles. That method is important, I did that with my new English budgie Sam Wise and by the time I put the birds together they were super excited just to be able to hang out finally instead of just chirping at each other. So next time you can do it that way, it is much safer for all your birds, because new birds can be sick and pass on disease to your other birds.

Also I just wanted to mention if you want a bird as a companion then you need to just get one bird. Getting three will only make it 100x harder to train any of them. Two birds are very hard to train, I can't imagine what three birds will be. If you go buy three you will end up with the same thing happening. If you really want three, what you need to do is go buy one bird, make sure he has lots of toys to play with and a little radio to listen to while you are at school, then after you have that bird trained and it has bonded with you then go buy a second and do the same thing train the new one with the other bird until they are well trained and then after that start on your third bird. I must warn you to get a bird fully trained and bonded with you can take 6 months to a year. Yes it can happen in a week, but if you put that bird with another bird all your training will go out the door and you will again have two wild birds, if you give each bird 6 months to a year, they will bond with you well and stay trained, instead of going back to being wild. Honestly though like I said already if you want to have a companion then you should only get one bird. Also another bad thing about three birds is that often they will pair up and you will have two birds that love each other and preen each other and one that sits by themself and gets picked on. SOmetimes it will be ok but it's hard to know, if you do it slowly like I was saying than they would probably be fine to each other. It's all up to you but I highly recommend following what I mentioned, it will make things much better for you. I wish you the best of luck and best wishes and I am sorry for your loss. Jloc

Frodo, Sam Wise, Shelby, and Scooter
Re: headwigs dead(albino)/ keets for sale #44851 03/11/06 10:41 AM
icequeen50 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Very well put Jloc. I am truly sorry that you have had such a sad time. Take care of yourself and best wishes for the future.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Why in 2013 Abercromibie Fitch Jackets So Popular?
by Conrad John - 11/23/21 09:15 PM
What is Sustainable Leeather
by alishanathaniel - 11/21/21 11:21 PM
Assessing Your Local Tire Recycling Market
by allenlu - 11/15/21 08:21 AM
Xanax cod saturday delivery fedex
by Walgreens USA - 10/29/21 09:43 AM
Buy Modafinil 200mg Tablets Cash on Delivery
by modafinilxpills - 10/27/21 08:32 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site