Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: wild parakeet/one legged #43915 03/05/06 09:42 PM
parakeetboy Offline
Companion
Companion
Thankyou for exepting, Jloc!

Here is a riddle for you that 80% of a kindergarden class got that only 17% of the staff got. PM me the answer.
What is greater than God, More evel than the Devil, The poor have it, the rich need it, and if you eat it you will die?
Re: wild parakeet/one legged #43916 03/06/06 03:36 PM
blondelostnny Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Dont put a bird down just for being handicapped! If we put everyperson down that was handicapped in the world, well.... that would be a lot of people! They bird can still function, and like Nikkums said, they recover easily!

The bird is prob biting cause right now he feels very defensive and like a victim! He's all alone with a huge scary human thats trying to grab at him! Let him get used to his environment first, and if he already has then take things slow. Remember keets hide their illness so they wont be picked out as prey!!! So just take it slow, talk soothinly to the keet and hopefully it will work out!

My keets:
Charity
Tarzan
Re: wild parakeet/one legged #43917 03/17/06 05:50 AM
arrow564 Offline
Regular
Regular
DO YOU HAVE ANY PICS????

Re: wild parakeet/one legged #43918 03/17/06 08:24 PM
Pigwidgeon Offline
Regular
Regular
I think what Randy did was one of the sweetest things in the world...giving a handicap bird (or any animal) a home is so nice, especially since due to instinct, most of the other birds would have picked on that one...

I'm so sorry about your rabbit, parakeetboy. I had two dwarf hamsters very dear to me, and they passed away, and I was so sad I cried...I still miss them today (over a year later), out of all the hamsters I've had (including the regular kind), they were my favorites...

And I also understand where parakeetboy is coming from, and I feel he is looking out for what he feels is best for the parakeet, but I still don't think it should be put down. I was thinking, that if I lost an arm or a leg, I'd still want to live. As long as I had my family beside me (corny, I know, but I'm very close with my family...especially my siblings...^^) I could survive with any limb loss.

"No heaven will not ever Heaven be; unless my pets are there to welcome me." ~ Anonymous
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Why in 2013 Abercromibie Fitch Jackets So Popular?
by Conrad John - 11/23/21 09:15 PM
What is Sustainable Leeather
by alishanathaniel - 11/21/21 11:21 PM
Assessing Your Local Tire Recycling Market
by allenlu - 11/15/21 08:21 AM
Xanax cod saturday delivery fedex
by Walgreens USA - 10/29/21 09:43 AM
Buy Modafinil 200mg Tablets Cash on Delivery
by modafinilxpills - 10/27/21 08:32 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site