Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Frankie is sick again #432088 09/24/20 01:27 AM
T
Tally Offline OP
OP Offline
T
My Frankie is having his second bout in 4 months with a bacterial infection. I don't understand why he has it again. His cage is immaculate and his food and water is changed twice a day. He's now on Enrofloxacin 0.04 mil once a day. His dosage is so tiny I can barely see if he's getting it down. He's all fluffed up and sleeping a lot but he did eat quite a lot this evening. Has anyone used this antibiotic and does anyone have an idea why he's getting sick so often. I love this little guy. He's a rescue so I don't know how old he is but I've had him for 5 years. Any info would be a huge help.

Re: Frankie is sick again [Re: Tally] #432089 09/28/20 09:13 PM
T
Tally Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I don't know what happened to the responses I had to this post but I want to thank the person who suggested that I turn the lights down very low when I try to catch Frankie to give him his antibiotic. That really worked. Frankie has never been finger tamed and it's always been a total struggle to catch him for his meds. His cage is quite large and he would fly around yelling at me and he was really hard to catch. Yesterday I tried a very dim light and it took just seconds to get him. Thanks sooooo much for the hint. He has another vet appointment Friday when he's finished with his antibiotic. He's much, much better and is back to his old self. I'll continue with the antibiotic as directed by the vet and now it's so much easier to catch him. Thanks again.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
levitation photo challenge
by EVA21SA - 10/31/20 07:40 AM
free will
by EVA21SA - 10/31/20 07:33 AM
Separating Two Parakeets
by Min - 10/28/20 05:51 PM
Please help
by Faeed - 10/27/20 03:23 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site