Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Wow! It's Been A While...! (Echo the Goffin's) #424415 08/20/12 05:44 PM
Jessica Cole Offline OP
Great Friend
OP Offline
Great Friend
Hello, Everyone! I'm not sure if anybody remembers me. I haven't posted since...jeez...2009! Haha!

I hope all is well with everybody! I plan to start posting again. Keyword: PLAN! My plans don't seem to work out very much. Well, just a short and brief update...

*It's been a little over a year since Jazz passes away. I miss him every day and since him I have not gotten another parakeet.
*Echo, my Goffin's Cockatoo, is doing rather well. She started plucking again. But, alas, that is the stresses of having a rescue bird with a history of picking problems. Echo wears a vest now and her feathers are growing in wonderfully! laugh (Pictures soon!)
*I'm still engaged! smile My fiance' is going to be a fireman, while I go to school and pursue Ultrasound Technology. smile Very exciting! Then, it's on the road to marriage! laugh We have been engaged for 1 Year! We plan on being homeowners in about a year! SAVE THAT MONEY!
*I've learned a lot about different types of birds and I go to bird talks and shows whenver I get the chance! Lots of people harness their bigger birds and bring them to shows. Not sure I want to do that yet, but you have to present a clean bill of health before you bring them to anything like that. I do, eventually, want to get Echo a harness and take her outside to let the sun hit her feathers. Sunlight = Good for the feathers!

Anyway, I think that's it. Among other things, at least! I'm doing well! Echo is a happy girl. Just a handful!
As for another bird...I've been looking at Hahn's Macaws. But! That's a long way down the road! smile
Okay! I'm off to look at posts now! laugh

Re: Wow! It's Been A While...! (Echo the Goffin's) [Re: Jessica Cole] #424421 08/20/12 08:40 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Hey Jess! Of course we remember you. Wellll, those of us who are still here. LOL
Good to hear from you.
Echo looks cute in the vest smile Good to know it's helping with the plucking and her feathers are coming back so well. How long did it take her to get used to it? Looks like a pain in the butt to put it on and off huh?
Do you get the Herb Salad for Echo? http://www.twinbeaksaviary.com/order.html I'm pretty sure you've probably heard of it since we've been talking about it for so long now.
Anyway, if not.. i think it would be worth a shot. Might help with the plucking issue. Or how about aloe? n plenty of orange vegs for Vit A?
You've probably already tried everything under the sun, I don't remember what all you've mentioned in the past but....just some thoughts
She's so darn cute. grin Love the pic

Congrats on the "still" engaged. Good to see you haven't rushed in to it. A solid foundation makes for a happy solid marriage. wink

Re: Wow! It's Been A While...! (Echo the Goffin's) [Re: Jessica Cole] #424422 08/20/12 09:55 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
welllllllllll look who is back...hey JESSSSS...so happy to hear all the good news and your still involved with veterinary studies...that shows some real determination..glad on your continued engagement also...and

OMG where is the fashion runway for birds giggle and who figured out how to do that and get exact measurements...im just looking at it and wonder tho if its not causing some irratation under the wings particularly way up top at the pit area...and have you ever tried those special spectrum lamps that simulate sunshine?

gawd how i love those Goffins...now the macaw...noooooo too loud ...too destructive....to demanding time wise...

and yes.. im also glad you mentioned about Echo being a rescue bird and how when someone takes on a rescue bird there is much involved...including VET BILLS..not for the faint at heart or someone who really does not know about birds and their needs.

anyway WELCOME BACK LADY laugh

Re: Wow! It's Been A While...! (Echo the Goffin's) [Re: Jessica Cole] #424424 08/21/12 01:24 AM
A
AnimalHuman Offline
A
Originally Posted By: Jessica Cole
Hello, Everyone! I'm not sure if anybody remembers me. I haven't posted since...jeez...2009! Haha!

I hope all is well with everybody! I plan to start posting again. Keyword: PLAN! My plans don't seem to work out very much. Well, just a short and brief update...

*It's been a little over a year since Jazz passes away. I miss him every day and since him I have not gotten another parakeet.
*Echo, my Goffin's Cockatoo, is doing rather well. She started plucking again. But, alas, that is the stresses of having a rescue bird with a history of picking problems. Echo wears a vest now and her feathers are growing in wonderfully! laugh (Pictures soon!)
*I'm still engaged! smile My fiance' is going to be a fireman, while I go to school and pursue Ultrasound Technology. smile Very exciting! Then, it's on the road to marriage! laugh We have been engaged for 1 Year! We plan on being homeowners in about a year! SAVE THAT MONEY!
*I've learned a lot about different types of birds and I go to bird talks and shows whenver I get the chance! Lots of people harness their bigger birds and bring them to shows. Not sure I want to do that yet, but you have to present a clean bill of health before you bring them to anything like that. I do, eventually, want to get Echo a harness and take her outside to let the sun hit her feathers. Sunlight = Good for the feathers!

Anyway, I think that's it. Among other things, at least! I'm doing well! Echo is a happy girl. Just a handful!
As for another bird...I've been looking at Hahn's Macaws. But! That's a long way down the road! smile
Okay! I'm off to look at posts now! laugh

Re: Wow! It's Been A While...! (Echo the Goffin's) [Re: Jessica Cole] #424425 08/21/12 01:31 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
what the heck...hey animal can you make a post of your own if you have something on your mind?

as posting this over again where its another persons and was just made, doesnt seem to make sense to me. frown

Re: Wow! It's Been A While...! (Echo the Goffin's) [Re: Jessica Cole] #424475 08/30/12 12:56 AM
Cetan Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
welcome back Jessica and Echo. I dont know if you ever go on Facebook but there are a few good groups dealing with parrots - Holistic Bird Care is one moderated by Irena Schulz (who the famous Snowball lives with) and people have posted and had methods that help with plucking. There is also a woman one some of the groups named Pattie Lemaire (I think that is the spelling) who makes really cool soft cloth collars that help with birds that pluck. There is a document there by Jason Crean (president of TASC) on teas for birds, I heard him speak at the show this year on that issue and he says chamomile tea is good for that. Congratulations on all the good things in your life

Re: Wow! It's Been A While...! (Echo the Goffin's) [Re: Jessica Cole] #424875 09/29/12 06:12 PM
Jessica Cole Offline OP
Great Friend
OP Offline
Great Friend
Thank you. Gosh, it still took me forever to post, still!!! Aaaaah!!! Thank you for the warm welcome back! smile

I will check out the Herb Salad. It looks lovely! Nice and green! laugh Echo loves her carrots, peas, and corn! AND, occasionally, almonds as a treat! Hmmm...I'm wondering if I should get a little bag of the herb salad before I go all haywire on ordering it. I'm eyeing the 5lb bucket, but I don't even know if Echo will like it! Starting small is good... I took Echo completely off the dyed rainbow colored Zupreem and put her on the nutrient organic non-dyed pellets Zupreen and she gets veggies every day and nutty treats every other! The nuts are considered CANDY and if she could eat her almonds every day and her peanuts she would! Little brat!

Wow...chamomile tea...that's interesting! :0 I love teas! Is there any type of chamomile that's not good? Obviously no caffinated stuff! (I'll do some research.)

Illusive, I missed you! laugh And your tough love! I got the vest from avianfashions.com ... they are very good and dedicate their business souly to flightsuits and feather protectors! When you order a vest or a flightsuit, they have exact measurements that you can pick from in a little chart. Like, for goffin's, I think the size is called...Wide...? It took Echo quite a while to get used to it. A long process...patience!!! Ha! When you get your vest in the mail, they even send you a little instruction sheet on how to introduce it to your bird! No forcefullness!!! Echo completely freaked when I first showed it to her. Her reaction consisted of her throwing a fit, as if she were saying, "My gawd, how dare you bring that alien in here and show it to me!!!" It took a few weeks before I was finally able to slip it over her head (not forcefully), only to take it right back off, because she freaked! Another few weeks followed before she was like, "Oh...okay...it's not so bad...I guess...I guess I could like it...for now...and throw a fit later."

SHE'S SUCH A BRAT! BUT, ALAS, I LOVE HER TO DEATH!!! I won't give up on her! Ever! She's too special to let go. smile

Oh, but Illusive! Hahn's Macaws are so cute! laugh I hear they are the smallest of the Macaws and the least distructive, but perhaps you have some insight for me? Hahn's Macaws are slightly smaller than Goffin's...I was wondering if Echo would be able to make a friend...I have a full-time job now and go to school full-time. I spend as much time with her as I can and when I am not home, my fiance' sits with her, but he is busy, too. I do love my baby bird...all I want is for her to be happy. smile

My avian vet has been extremely...EXTREMELY helpful with Echo! And she's been so patient with us and has helped me to feel better about Echo's picking problem...she's discussed options with me and given me helpful advice...I cannot thank her enough!

Eeeee!~I'm getting all emotional now...haha!

Re: Wow! It's Been A While...! (Echo the Goffin's) [Re: Jessica Cole] #424877 09/29/12 09:04 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
hey kiddo good to see you again...

and the new coat ...well...if it works ...hoorah....

as for the herbal salad omg you dont need much as its shelf life is like 2yrs so dont go all nutty on that...just maybe the 4ounce for starter...feed in separate cup and after a couple weeks i add to the seeds and refresh the cup that had the salad in it...but it does keep a long time...

so when is Echos first runway to model lol...and photo shoot... wink those things always look to me like they would be very annoying way up under their wing pits...

glad to hear your doing well.

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 09/29/12 09:06 PM.
Re: Wow! It's Been A While...! (Echo the Goffin's) [Re: Jessica Cole] #424881 09/30/12 02:07 AM
Cetan Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
Here is a link to a short article by Jason Crean on teas http://www.birdchannel.com/bird-magazines/bird-talk/2011-march/tea-time.aspx
Have you tried making Chop? A good way to feed fresh foods especially to get a variety of veggies into them www.parrotnation.com

Re: Wow! It's Been A While...! (Echo the Goffin's) [Re: Jessica Cole] #426091 02/15/13 02:02 PM
Jessica Cole Offline OP
Great Friend
OP Offline
Great Friend
Hey, guys! I decided not to get a Hahn's Macaw at the moment. My fiance' and I live in a one bedroom apartment with Echo and we just don't have any room for another feathered friend. I think when we buy our own house, then I can make arrangements for another one, but right now...I made the mature decision to not make a jump and take on more than I can handle!

Our apartment crew has been really great about Echo. She can stay with us with no extra fee, since she's a "caged" pet. Even though she's mostly out of her cage all day. And, Echo only tends to make a fuss when I leave the apartment. Our walls are actually really great at keeping sound in...our next door neighbors have two kiddos...and we can barely hear the baby next door. smile Very happy.

Kksuns, I'm ordering that Herb Salad for Echo today! I'm excited! Thank you for your help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Dreaming of Losing a Pet
by Jane Pierce - 06/01/21 05:08 AM
nike kyrie 5 en soldes
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:53 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:49 AM
adidas stan smith dames lichtblauw
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:47 AM
Dieser Ring aus Sterlingsilber eignet
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:45 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site