Next Thread
Print Thread
Waves!!! #423967 06/25/12 03:40 AM
MarleyandMe Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
Hello, how are we all?

It's been a while. Marley and Pheonix are doing great, cheeky happy selves. Marley is still a stubborn miss with her snappy too good for anybody attitude but I love her to bits.

A bit of sad news, we lost both of our Sunnies (Sun Conures) that we hand raised. It was due to a malfunction of the cage latch (which the store has refunded me the cost of the cage - hardly covers the loss of my babies though). We spent months putting our flyers and scanning areas all over the region. We had a couple of possible sightings but alas they ended up a dead end. They were full flight (as we use to free fly them in a local stadium once a week for their fun time). Problem was soon as they escaped they were chased by Rosellas (horrid vicious birds!!) and they took off frightened...Anyway we have mourned their prescence for a long time and I miss them terribly still, my beautiful babies. I've yet to get any other birds, as I'm still not over the fact we no longer have our Sunnies. A word of warning, never trust anything unless you triple check it yourself!! This was a popular and highly regarded breed of avairy...I was furious this could even happen

smile

Re: Waves!!! [Re: MarleyandMe] #423969 06/25/12 07:36 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
i was just thinking about you guys YESTERDAY...and wondering how ya all were seeing how it was like back in april the last we heard from you...

so sorry about the sunnies..im always saying with any doors ..even for food cup areas and the cleaning tray should be really secured with a quick link like what you get on some of their toys that you screw closed and then tape up the tray area..etc...ive even gone so far as to CHAIN my cage when cappy is put out HIGH off the ground...tipping is not something thats acceptable..

thing is i know how meticulous you are and for even YOU to have this experience shows we alllll need to really lock them up well like we are expecting a gorilla or huge storm...you cant over due it and with some of these species they are regular HOUDINIS..at figuring out HOW TO ESCAPE...

you being down under tho i think they should survive...just that its your winter now...and thats not good...still think they will make it tho myself... smile

nice to hear about my lil long distant adoptees...giggle...luv them lil rascals..

Re: Waves!!! [Re: MarleyandMe] #423978 06/25/12 02:22 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Well hi there MnM,
Funny, I was just thinking about you yesterday too! lol Tessboss and i were talking and wondering where the heck you went and how you're doing.
Good to see ya smile

So sorry to hear the news about your sunnies. frown It's horrible to have to keep wondering how they are and if they are ok or not.
Who knows, if you have fliers out and maybe contact any vet offices in the surrounding area...you might get lucky and someone might spot them.
Wasn't long ago that someone came on and said they found their budgie(someone found it in their back yard) after it had been gone for some time.

Re: Waves!!! [Re: MarleyandMe] #423984 06/25/12 04:37 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
its a little different i think where she is kk...she in the big down under land...with allll those wide open spaces ... smile

Re: Waves!!! [Re: MarleyandMe] #424033 06/26/12 06:57 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
lol No idea how wide open her spaces are. Guess that would all depend on where down under she lives.
Just trying to be hopeful here smile

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Make sure you have a solid business plan
by allenlu - 09/24/21 05:51 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by allenlu - 09/24/21 02:31 AM
Buy Vilafinil 200mg Online without prescription
by Derick Cook - 09/01/21 11:22 AM
Tamiflu Flu virus Tablets
by Derick Cook - 08/30/21 12:28 PM
Buy Modafinil 200mg Tablets Cash on Delivery
by Derick Cook - 08/27/21 10:41 AM
Tapentadol Extended Release Tablets
by Derick Cook - 08/26/21 11:18 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site