Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Birds are still scared around me? ** #423393 04/18/12 03:45 PM
**mattie** Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
Hey all! So I've had Missy and Dixie for three and a half years now. Whenever I go around them to feed them or play with them, they tend to run away or give me worried looks, especially Missy. Then again, Missy has always been that way from day one. I'm very nice to them, I bring them out every week, I've got a huge cage for them, lots of toys, well ventilated room and in a perfect spot, sun comes up, sun goes down. I'm quite worrisome about them, I always wondered if it was from them being somehow traumatized in Petco, being squished with other birds, ect. But wouldn't they have grown out of that by now? Help would be appreciated. x

Re: Birds are still scared around me? ** [Re: **mattie**] #423394 04/18/12 04:18 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
nah its not petco after all this or them needing to adjust to their new digs being just brought home...its females you know how females can be lol...they are simply a tad more standoffish and aloof...especially when you have two birds they tend to bond with them and training is difficult and has to be persistent and on a routine basis for about 10 to 15 mins a couple times a day...mirrors in a cage will never help with this either.

if they are content and sounds like they are and get out time and have toys and a large cage you have done well to do all that and provide for them what they seem to enjoy and maybe that will be all you can hope for now after so long ...unless ...you get back to training dilegently with them...and that also goes better when multiple birds are in separate cages...then they watch you and your body language instead of the other birds.

but rest assured at least they are content and you have done well to do that for them laugh

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
GARDEN FLOWERS
by ronyb - 02/24/21 12:51 PM
Yoga
by chandkumar3g - 02/04/21 02:58 PM
A Scanner Darkly!!
by EVA21SA - 02/01/21 09:45 AM
Policing
by EVA21SA - 01/31/21 08:28 AM
How many bullets?
by EVA21SA - 01/31/21 08:17 AM
Across the River is FREE
by EVA21SA - 01/29/21 09:04 AM
War and Fashion
by EVA21SA - 01/29/21 08:54 AM
Origami flower bouquets
by EVA21SA - 01/28/21 09:05 AM
NBA 2K21 unskippable ads"will probably be repaired
by Dingbest - 01/26/21 01:30 AM
So the jist of this ; Get CCB and recharge chaotic
by Dingbest - 01/26/21 01:29 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site