LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: SOME neat new toys and items i found [Re: illusive Fantasy] #423218 03/30/12 12:30 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline OP
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
when you first cover you should of been noticing that it may take a few minutes to several for them to settle then they sleep till just after dawn when they will move about even covered and snack of some of their food.

and no you cover..completely ...just leave as you have been i ...assume...a small table lamp on so some light gets thru the covering but not much. smile

and now she is getting some really good excercise if she is hanging upside down and flapping ...so thats great ...much better than shredding a wooden ladder... frown

Re: SOME neat new toys and items i found [Re: illusive Fantasy] #423246 04/04/12 09:02 PM
tessboss Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Check out www.bitemebirdtoys.com for really good cheap bird toys. Everything is about $3.50 each. Bob and Tom love their toys and its a local company.

The Motor City Bird Show is April 28th in Madison Heights and Bite Me Bird Toys will be there.

Re: SOME neat new toys and items i found [Re: illusive Fantasy] #423248 04/04/12 11:19 PM
Cetan Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
unfortunately the TASC (The Avicultural Society of Chicagoland) show is the same day and I will be there helping http://www.midwestbirdexpo.com/ so will not get to the Motor City show but there is also the Rainbow Feathers Bird Show the week before, April 21, at Romulus High School and I think they will be there as well plus they usually come to the Ann Arbor Bird Expo the first Sun in August. Bird Talk magazine has a list of shows around the country and they are usually a great place to get lots of toys, a lot of local toy manufacturers go to shows and the prices are usually much better than stores or online

Re: SOME neat new toys and items i found [Re: illusive Fantasy] #423257 04/05/12 08:37 PM
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
I laughed when I saw the name of that toy company tessboss! Good one. I like the stuff on there too. Might have to put in an order, I haven't bought any toys for a few weeks.

Re: SOME neat new toys and items i found [Re: illusive Fantasy] #423261 04/05/12 09:07 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline OP
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
i viewed the toys and would warn of the tiny chain links getting toes or toenails caught in them and that millet holder with the spring is IMO a accident waiting to happen for sure... frown

Re: SOME neat new toys and items i found [Re: illusive Fantasy] #423268 04/06/12 01:56 PM
tessboss Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I never really looked at the millet holder. I do not know anyone who feeds millet anymore. I have many of the toys and they are made well and neither of my birds have ever caught anything but a great case of fun.

It is just really nice to find good toys for such a good price. I like to get the boys something new every 2 months or so and things in the store and on other websites cost so much money and the shipping can be ridiculous.

I go to the local birds shows a couple of times a year and get Bite Me toys. They also gave me a cool BITE ME t shirt last year.

Thanks for the info on the local shows Cetan. Wish I could go on the 21st, but I am babysitting grandchildren that day. I am going to shoot for the Ann Arbor show in August too.

Re: SOME neat new toys and items i found [Re: illusive Fantasy] #423461 04/22/12 09:13 PM
Cetan Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
I went to the show yesterday 4/21 and Bite Me was there - got a bunch of small toys for the keets plus a few other toys for Princess and Adam. They will be at the Ann Arbor show. Another great vendor at most shows is LJO Leather - lots of toys much cheaper than in stores or online plus lots and lots of toy making parts. I think I managed to only spend about 50 on toys - this is for 6 birds plus $10 on raffle tickets but won about $35 worth of the food my conure eats and a $10 shirt for myself from Bella Embroidery, black with rhinestone "Got Parrot?" on the front

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
GARDEN FLOWERS
by ronyb - 02/24/21 12:51 PM
Yoga
by chandkumar3g - 02/04/21 02:58 PM
A Scanner Darkly!!
by EVA21SA - 02/01/21 09:45 AM
Policing
by EVA21SA - 01/31/21 08:28 AM
How many bullets?
by EVA21SA - 01/31/21 08:17 AM
Across the River is FREE
by EVA21SA - 01/29/21 09:04 AM
War and Fashion
by EVA21SA - 01/29/21 08:54 AM
Origami flower bouquets
by EVA21SA - 01/28/21 09:05 AM
NBA 2K21 unskippable ads"will probably be repaired
by Dingbest - 01/26/21 01:30 AM
So the jist of this ; Get CCB and recharge chaotic
by Dingbest - 01/26/21 01:29 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site