Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Is my budgie dying!? Strange color poop #423250 04/05/12 06:05 AM
E
Emmalolcat Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Ok I got my budgie 2 months ago an he is 10 year old. I am really starting to love him and all of the sudden his poop changed from black and white in the middle firm, into runny, random water drops, and no regular poops at all. I can't take him to the vet because we don't have the money or the time. He recently has been flying into things and falling (then flying) to the ground! He has been really inactive and I'm scared he us dying now...is that what is going on? I put knew seed and water and paper and washed his toys but he isn't getting better.

Re: Is my budgie dying!? Strange color poop [Re: Emmalolcat] #423251 04/05/12 07:17 AM
A
AndiBird. Offline
Companion
Companion
A
Im not one to say if he's "dying" or not but first off if there's one thing i learned from this forum is not get even think about getting a bird if u can't afford tha vet bills. thats part of owning a pet. im sure there gonna tear u apart on that subject.

It's no coincidence angels and birds both have wings:)
Re: Is my budgie dying!? Strange color poop [Re: Emmalolcat] #423254 04/05/12 03:13 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
while its very upsetting to hear that someone ...doesnt have the time or money to get to a vet and as andi said its a vital part of owning ANY pet not just birds...no one is going to tear anyone apart ...again tho it should ALWAYS be a part of pet keeping...as when or if a person gets sick you wouldnt want to be told i dont have the time or money to get you to a doctor...

these are serious issues...and i do believe you mentioned about getting this bird before i could be wrong about that from a friend or someone...

(edited: went back thru your older post and i see i was right and the issues about the BELL etc and all that was happening when you got this bird...and it being very stressed out at that time by things you were doing.)

here is that thread for any others who may have missed it ...and want to read.

http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthread..._lik#Post422901

referring to that thread ...there are many ways to stress out a bird and it doesnt take much to do that...too much stress and a bird can and will get sick it also takes awhile for a bird to show symptoms as they hide things very well until it becomes a emergency situation...like now. I was at that time accused of sounding harsh but when reading both of these threads you will see how my main concern was for the bird..ANYONES bird...and STILL is.

then there was the issue of other things mentioned and covered in those first threads you posted. I mentioned this at that time to you also as can be read in that thread and didnt think this was a good match and the bird should be given back.

for others to consider..vet money is more important than any toys etc as a bird wont play with toys if sick...their health always should come first...their area always being kept very clean which is easily enough achieved in only a few minutes and their environment being adequate (cage sizes etc)here are links to save for anyone who has not started a vet fund as yet and has birds or needs to find a vet BEFORE something happens and not wait till last minute to do that when the time comes that one is needed...

LIST OF AVIAN VETS SEARCH:

http://www.aav.org/search/

http://www.localvets.com/

PET INSURANCE:

http://www.petinsurance.com/plans-and-coverage/bird-and-exotic-pet-insurance.aspx

as for the droppings thats always a first line of indication that something could and usually is very wrong...however, it could also be something you have been feeding causing the droppings to be very loose ...all things considered a visit to a avian vet is the best outcome the bird can hope for from you and the sooner the better without waiting...

i think ***possibly all this bird went thru when coming into new surroundings and the stress of the BELL etc...where the age of the bird was a factor too and mentioned etc...it just may have been too much for the old timer to go thru.

but surely even you know and realize waiting wasnt or isnt a option where the bird has been doing this from the sounds of it for even more than a day that it must get to a vet or the outcome will not be good....so sorry ...

you said this in that thread

And let me assure you that I DO have the birds best interest in mind. I have always had my pets best interest in mind. ALWAYS

so its time, actually past time when the bird should go to a vet...and thats keeping the birds best interest in mind along with saving for vet emergency money...it should of gone right away as soon as these things began to happen...wishing the best for the bird...

frown

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 04/05/12 05:14 PM.
Re: Is my budgie dying!? Strange color poop [Re: Emmalolcat] #423255 04/05/12 06:42 PM
ahall83 Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
i agree. a vet is needed. but in the mean time if the bird is having so much trouble flying i think it would be best to keep him in his cage

Re: Is my budgie dying!? Strange color poop [Re: Emmalolcat] #423286 04/07/12 11:20 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
dont often bump...but i think this needs bumping

Re: Is my budgie dying!? Strange color poop [Re: Emmalolcat] #423307 04/10/12 03:05 AM
MarleyandMe Offline
Friend
Friend
Everything has already been said but I strongly also urge you to visit a vet. - Ask about payment options, they may let you pay it off. As for finding the time? - C'mon now, this is a pet that you wanted to take responsibility of, I'm sure you could find the time.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
The Hand and The Knife
by EVA21SA - 09/18/20 07:00 PM
if I'm awake early, at least I've got some pals
by EVA21SA - 09/18/20 06:41 PM
What does this dream mean?
by EVA21SA - 09/17/20 07:32 PM
Parakeet kicking other one
by Lausack - 08/31/20 10:36 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site