LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
keets need new home #422989 03/10/12 06:37 PM
Kareki Offline OP
OP Offline
i'm moving and i have to get rid of my two parakeets. except i don't want to just give them to any ol' person, and i don't have any friends that can take them... don't want to give them back to the pet store 'cause i want them to have a 'home'... can't take them to the pound...
it would be ideal if there were some manner of bird sanctuary lol but that's highly unlikely. i really don't want to give them to some random person i don't know. anybody have any ideas for homeless keets? something in northern california? ;n;

Re: keets need new home [Re: Kareki] #422993 03/10/12 08:03 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
first of all sorry about having to get rid of them and rehome them and yes its hard as you just never know what sort of home they will go to an would like to. I found out the hard way once you just never know as i gave my breeding flock of cockies to TWO vets...a husband and wife, no less who took them in and i thought wow i got lucky...not so as the nitemare that happened afterward was unbelievable which i still dont talk about ...ok

your lucky living where you do as there is so much there...and im sure if you do a google you can find a bird "sanctuary" there as most states have at least a couple...there is also this..try posting a picture in a vets office or call a vet and ask if they know of any sanctuaries nearby so you can rehome them.

also there are folks in this forum that may live somewhere near you if they see this and would consider taking then in as occasionally birds have been rehomed right thru this forum with members.

and here is another thought...see if you can find a breeder that might be interest in bringing in new blood to their breeding program...if the birds are not too old.

wishing you much luck on this one smile

...thank gawd ive made those arrangements long ago for my cappy should anything happen to me with someone i know will take excellent care of him....but not all of us get so lucky...i wouldnt give cappy to my older kids as they just are not BIRDIE people... frown

i just googled for you an came up with a lot of links for this ...check it out.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=llsin&gs_nf=1&cp=28&gs_id=2v&xhr=t&q=bird+adoption+centers+in+california&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=bird+adoption+centers+in+cal&aq=0w&aqi=q-w1&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=2f95c0d86315f210&biw=1069&bih=655

ok forget that link it wont work for you but put in the google search engine what i did and you will find a lot of links

bird adoption centers in california

that will bring up a lot of centers and links for you.

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 03/10/12 08:12 PM.
Re: keets need new home [Re: illusive Fantasy] #422994 03/10/12 08:32 PM
Kareki Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks for the suggestions! i've found a breeder a few hours away and i've emailed to ask if they could take my boys.

Re: keets need new home [Re: Kareki] #422997 03/10/12 09:42 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
well thats one way...hope you gave them all the details too such as color ...age ...etc...good luck...

Re: keets need new home [Re: Kareki] #423005 03/10/12 11:50 PM
Lady Vyz Offline
Companion
Companion
I wish we lived in CA. I would take them site unseen. Sorry, FL is too far away. Can you post some pics?

Lady Vyz

Re: keets need new home [Re: Lady Vyz] #423006 03/11/12 12:09 AM
Kareki Offline OP
OP Offline
well i don't have my cam with me right now, but they look practically exactly like your Dickie and Denny there X3

Re: keets need new home [Re: Kareki] #423010 03/11/12 01:21 AM
MarleyandMe Offline
Friend
Friend
Good Luck, how come you can't take them with you - if I may ask? Bird's are one of the easiest pets to move with....It's dogs and cats that are harder!

Re: keets need new home [Re: Kareki] #423011 03/11/12 01:22 AM
MarleyandMe Offline
Friend
Friend
Also, try some animal shelters....Not pound - we have organisations like the RSPCA here, and they do take birds in some places as I often see birds for rehoming via their adoption sites.

Re: keets need new home [Re: Kareki] #423015 03/11/12 01:59 AM
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
In southern CA (I think) is Best Friends rescue. I know they take birds....they have them for adoption, but no budgies right now. You can find them on the internet. They have rescues they work through also, so maybe something closer to where you are now. It's worth a try.

Re: keets need new home [Re: MarleyandMe] #423016 03/11/12 02:00 AM
Kareki Offline OP
OP Offline
ohh that is a good idea. we do have an spca here. i'm moving in with some friends that have a bad-tempered cat that would not be kind to them. i'd rather them be happy with someone else than in danger.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
levitation photo challenge
by EVA21SA - 10/31/20 07:40 AM
free will
by EVA21SA - 10/31/20 07:33 AM
Separating Two Parakeets
by Min - 10/28/20 05:51 PM
Please help
by Faeed - 10/27/20 03:23 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site