Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: TOYS [Re: illusive Fantasy] #422354 02/11/12 02:02 PM
Lane Lester Offline
Companion
Companion
What a scary story! I'm glad you had the knowledge and persistence for it to have a good outcome.

Lane

Billie's Buddy
Re: TOYS [Re: illusive Fantasy] #422368 02/12/12 12:17 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline OP
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
thanks ALL for the well wishers...i appreciate it i hope you know that...

the scariest is the wait to see how everything turns out after such a injury...if a birds beak does not grow back correctly this can mean long term vet visits for trims and thats not exactly a good thing or sometimes if bad enough they have to wire/tape, or other things etc...so it not good to mess up a birds beak... frown

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 02/12/12 12:17 AM.
Re: TOYS [Re: illusive Fantasy] #422480 02/15/12 10:31 PM
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
and the lucky boy got a boing out of his injury! those look fun!

Re: TOYS [Re: illusive Fantasy] #422483 02/15/12 11:49 PM
I
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
yah and a new swing but he needed that anyway the other was worn down ...
however what we think is fun...some birds think we are nuts ...but seems most birds do like those... smile

Re: TOYS [Re: illusive Fantasy] #422637 02/21/12 02:05 AM
Carol1956 Offline
Regular
Regular
Glad your baby is OK Always scarey to have bad things happen with no vet available.

Re: TOYS [Re: illusive Fantasy] #422651 02/21/12 05:34 AM
I
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
the biggest problem is i live way in the boonies and have no personal transportation and the chances of finding someone around with a ride is slim to none so i best know a few things about doctoring ... laugh

Re: TOYS [Re: illusive Fantasy] #422653 02/21/12 03:06 PM
wise Offline
Companion
Companion
Cappy loves his new swing? Really so happy to know cappy is still a handsome boy and recovered now. wink

Re: TOYS [Re: illusive Fantasy] #422656 02/21/12 05:31 PM
I
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
oh yah he is doing fine...eating everything again now that he can crack all the seeds and grains...grooming his beak on that oyster cement perch ...one of his toes is back to normal and the other...after trimming back the toenail its almost normal again just the last end joint needs to twist about 1/4 around and then you will never know anything was wrong or happened to him...so i suspect another three to four weeks on the toe before that one is right maybe sooner but im figuring the most...and thanks from both of us on the well wishes...

he also loves his boing perch too...likes to just hang out on it a lot when out ...so another poop area to clean but oh well giggle...just cleaned his cage too...got some new plastic cutting boards just to switch out when i do ..

hows all going there wise???

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 02/21/12 05:32 PM.
Re: TOYS [Re: illusive Fantasy] #422662 02/21/12 07:51 PM
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
I have 2 sets of those cutting boards to switch out often. I love those!
So you hang the boing from where? I ordered a couple that I thought I would hang in their cages...do you think they will be too big? If so, they can be a special outside play thing.
I tell you I'm loving only 4 work days per week! I'm still in my pj's. and it's 1:00 here. smile

Let Chirp out to see how he would do and he's going great, staying calm. Only tried to fly upstairs once, but landed on the carpeted stairs and came back when I started talking to him. I don't really have a call...I just start talking like Mickey Mouse and they know I am talking to them. Wing is still dirty looking from the Kwick Stop I put on it but he doesn't seem to be bothered by it. Big Relief! what a little trooper.
Pips got mad that she couldn't get out when he was out.

Good to hear that Cappy is doing better...poor baby! I wonder if it hurt when he was trying to eat...I would think it would have at first. I hate a sore mouth!

Re: TOYS [Re: illusive Fantasy] #422665 02/21/12 08:43 PM
I
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
oh im certain that beak was really tender with all the nerve endings in a beak you have heck yah...an he is a real trouper ..like i said no one else would know or notice anything just me cuz i know what happened...but that to being off is even so slight i hardly shows now...

i still wouldnt let that bird out kiddo really...you gotta be patient about this...even tho now your a pro lol... wink

i got the boing hanging right in front of a pass thru window i have that leads from living room to kitchen and right where the computer is in the kitchen so he always would land of the sill there then come to my desk here ...so now he still does the sill but he is more n more doing the boing right there and he is funny cuz it will spin a bit and LOL he will get mad and do that ACKKKK ACKK cuz he is trying to see me and it will twirl...even tho he likes the twirling...

i was going to put this in his cage but im thinking its just gonna be too crowded this also gives him more of a plaything to do outside the cage as he has enough entertainment already in it... laugh

and ya those cutting board things for the bottom are the best...sooooo easy soooooooo cheap soooooooo loong lasting ...loooooks wayyyyyy better than paper or whatever too...

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 02/21/12 08:44 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site