Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Thoughts for Marley please :( [Re: MarleyandMe] #421898 02/03/12 01:34 AM
JeanneM Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Dear Marley & Me, I am in tears here. This is such a hard story to read, but I am so thrilled to hear that she's pulled through the night and has a strong chance of coming out of this. My thoughts and prayers are with the two of you.

JeanneM
Re: Thoughts for Marley please :( [Re: MarleyandMe] #421910 02/03/12 02:56 AM
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
that's such good news!!! and you sound very hopeful, that is good. I hope Marley keeps it up and will be checking back here for updates. Good for Marley!

Re: Thoughts for Marley please :( [Re: MarleyandMe] #421915 02/03/12 04:53 AM
wise Offline
Companion
Companion
Marley 's still so young, she needs to survive and enjoy the world and love. Marley must make it, my prayers are with her.

Re: Thoughts for Marley please :( [Re: MarleyandMe] #421917 02/03/12 05:46 AM
MarleyandMe Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
Thank you all for such warming messages.

I visited Marley during my lunch break and she was not as strong as she was this morning frown Although she's hanging in there. I was told by our Vet it's still very much a touch and go situation which kind of reinstated all my worry once again. They have add some oxygen to her incubator just to help take some of the burden off her lungs to help them heal. I wasn't allowed to touch her because they said they had to stabilize the humidity to try to prevent the infection worsening. She wasn't standing as strongly as this morning but they still seem positive that she's doing ok. *sighs I'm a little deflated as I thought she was improving out of sight this morning!

I'm so very grateful that we have an avian vet now. I mean what are the chances! He's only new, and if this had happened a matter of weeks ago Marley would be long gone, as there was just no one with experience with birds available. One of the other vets of the practise even admitted to me how lucky we were.

Anyway, I was told they were going to take a swab of her throat or something like that to test it - I'm not sure what for, I was a little distracted with my gorgeous girl, she was struggling in the incubator to get closer to the to edge near me, but was not able to stand well and therefore fell a few times. In the end I was told it was best to leave her as she was getting stressed trying to get to me. - I must end here, typing that last bit has me now in tears.

Will update later.
xo

Last edited by MarleyandMe; 02/03/12 05:47 AM.

Re: Thoughts for Marley please :( [Re: MarleyandMe] #421924 02/03/12 08:50 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
you would understand the swab issue if you just google this disease and it will explain things to you... smile and i gotta say i would of let her struggle to get close if it ended up making her feel better...but thats me and that vet well sigh im glad you have them but no dont tell me to leave my baby when its trying to feel better by getting closer...

oh gawd hun my heart and very being goes out to you both...and i will keep praying... frown

again her grammy sends BIGGGG HUGS N KISSES....id bring her a recording of phoenix to play even if only a bit to perk her up...and again hey doc i lub ya but ... crazy she does have psycological needs too doc...some encouraging for her mental and emotional state...bring a favorite toy an ask if it can be placed in there at least...nothing of a cloth nature tho.

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 02/03/12 08:55 AM.
Re: Thoughts for Marley please :( [Re: MarleyandMe] #421925 02/03/12 08:58 AM
MarleyandMe Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
I know frown I was the same, I said to him if he let me hold her she may calm, but I understand what he was saying. She was starting to really stress because I was there, and her breathing was showing signs of struggle so he said he was going to cover her and let her settle a while. He said if I took her out the humidity change could cause more bacteria to grow and at this stage that could be critical.

Anyway I called in again on my way home from work and she had picked up again. IT's up down up down, starting to do my head in. It's friday night now, but he said I can come around in the morning, as they are open - and he will call me when he is going around in the afternoon to do checks and I can meet him there and he can let me know...so I don't have to go without seeing my beautiful girl.

Pheonix seems to have picked up on something also. He paces the cage all the time, back and forth and climbs along the front bars screeching at me. I have him out all the time, but he doesn't want to sit on me, just keeps flying to his cage and pacing. Even though they are in seperate rooms, I think he knows something is wrong.

It's so unfair that Marley has to go through all this, with the start to life she's had you think Mother Nature would cut her a break frown

Thank you for thinking of us *hugs

Re: Thoughts for Marley please :( [Re: MarleyandMe] #421927 02/03/12 09:06 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
yah i agree with the start of life she had but thats a indication to of just how much fight she has...lets pray together its enough for this ...i understand definetly about not taking out for it would be a sudden change in humidity but when they do examine or whatever have them put a favorite toy in there with her to at least cuddle up to...

and of course phoenix does know something is wrong he doesnt hear her little commotions so he knows she is not around and pacing generally means he wants out...does with cappy too...

hang in there...BOTH OF YOU.

i will now say i almost lost Cappy about six weeks ago myself due to a freak accident that happened...however,,after almost bleeding to death and another issue he is now doing splendidly...thank gawd.

im certainly not as lucky as you with a vet nearby or transportation to get to one so i have to rely on my own knowledge on how to do things...we both got very lucky this time.

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 02/03/12 09:12 AM.
Re: Thoughts for Marley please :( [Re: MarleyandMe] #421929 02/03/12 03:13 PM
P
preciousbaby Offline
Friend
Friend
P
My prayers are with you and Marley. I know first hand how hard this is, as I too was in a situation very similar to yours. You are doing the best you can and Marley has the best care that is available.

Stay strong!

PB and Blossie

Re: Thoughts for Marley please :( [Re: MarleyandMe] #421930 02/03/12 04:20 PM
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
Just letting you know we are thinking about you too.

Re: Thoughts for Marley please :( [Re: MarleyandMe] #421946 02/03/12 11:05 PM
MarleyandMe Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
Just a quick update, as I'm heading out again with the family - but we visited Marley this morning and she's a lot better. I'm not getting my hopes up this will continue, as I was so heartbroken when she deteriorated after yesterday mornings good signs. But she's eaten on her own this morning, and she's standing and walking about the incubator. They have reduced the oxygen and she was even talking to the Vet. I was there during routine checks so I got to have a cuddle (had to wear a special coat to reduce risk of contamination) but she sat very calmly on my chest and let me stroke her, and even went to sleep!! The Vet took a photo but I will have to get that off him at a later date.

I am popping back over this afternoon as he will call me when he's making a round after hours to check her and I can meet him there.

But so far so good smile

I'm so glad Marley is a favourite with hubby as so far out bill for this treatment is estimated at around $800 - Yikes! This is why Illusive talks about a vet account and how important it is!!! We are lucky to have over $1000 in credit with our Vets now as we have a payment that comes out weekly...But without that we'd be stressing, and right now money is not our priority....Set up those vet accounts if you haven't already!

Last edited by MarleyandMe; 02/03/12 11:08 PM.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Buy Artvigil 150mg online
by rxonlinesecure - 05/20/22 08:53 AM
Statue of Liberty Co-opted by Christians
by dfdchgf - 05/18/22 12:04 PM
Architecture photography challeng
by latinkaone - 05/16/22 09:30 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site