Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
:( #419675 10/24/11 08:56 PM
kayyyla Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
I woke up this morning and my parakeet was acting very different. She was holding onto the cage and her perch and she wouldn't move. The past couple of weeks she was very active. I haven't updated but she came out of her cage a lot more, although she never let me pet her, she did eventually start coming on my finger. But she hated being touched. Well this morning I woke up, took off her cover and like I said, she was holding onto the cage and perch. I instantly knew something was wrong. When I went to touch her, she actually didn't bite or hesitate letting me touch her. I called the avian vet and she wasn't open. My bird eventually crept on the bottom. I knew this was it. She kept trying to move but you could tell she didn't have the strength. I picked her up and was holding her, she grasped me and I could feel the heat from her. I set he
r down for a second and I heard her move and she was gone. This is very hard for me and I lost my first parakeet today:( I feel so guilty.. If anyone wants to message me and maybe I can give more info? I need answers. I might take her to the avian vet for answers if that's possible

Re: :( [Re: kayyyla] #419682 10/25/11 01:08 AM
bebee72 Offline
Companion
Companion
Kayyyla, I'm really sorry for the lost of your beloved budgie. I truly understand how you feel when you didn't know the cause of his death. May he rest in peace.....

Re: :( [Re: kayyyla] #419683 10/25/11 01:37 AM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
I'm sorry to hear about you little bird. I have been there before with Cheeko.

Re: :( [Re: kayyyla] #419685 10/25/11 03:26 AM
kayyyla Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
I'm devistated. I don't know how to handle it:( I can't stop crying. I can't even sleep in my room.. She slept by me

Re: :(so sorry [Re: kayyyla] #419689 10/25/11 04:24 AM
L
linda jean Offline
Regular
Regular
L
I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your bird.

Re: :(so sorry [Re: kayyyla] #419692 10/25/11 02:06 PM
D
Daniellero Offline
Friend
Friend
D
So sorry Kayla. I lost one to cancer and my other is sick now. They aren't sure why.

Re: :(so sorry [Re: kayyyla] #419693 10/25/11 03:23 PM
kayyyla Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
i just cant get out of this funk, i keep thinking about her and her last moments with me.. she always chirped, but not really the singing kind.. and when she was in my hand and i set her down, she tried talking, very softly. and just recently i kept trying to teach her to do "kisses" and i would say kisses and make a kissing noise and she loved it, but she never mocked me. and when i was talking to her and praying for her, i said i love you, kisses and i made the noise, and she slightly made a smooch noise, but it was really soft. i just broke down. i miss her so much and she was my first parakeet. i will never replace her, i did so much for her.

my finace took me to the pet store to cheer me up and he said i should get 2 parakeets and a big cage, but i dont want to quite yet. plus, im unsure on 2. he just wants me to be happy and he thinks it would be good for me if i got one identical to my bird and named him/her "junior."

i just cant do it quite yet:(

Re: :(so sorry [Re: kayyyla] #419694 10/25/11 03:34 PM
kayyyla Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
i need help thinking positive i guess.. everyday, she was in my routine. i always played with her, even when i put her to bed, she would only go on her swing to sleep if i set her up there, otherwise she would chirp at me and tilt her head.. i just feel so alone:(

Re: :(so sorry [Re: kayyyla] #419695 10/25/11 03:47 PM
D
Daniellero Offline
Friend
Friend
D
It's just time and you will not replace her because each have a unique personality. Maybe you need a little time before you get another bird. If I ever got another I would go to a breeder because they are already hand trained. There is nothing you can do about the sad feelings except know that time heals all wounds, and you will come to acceptance and still have the good memories. You gave her a really great life.

Re: :(so sorry [Re: kayyyla] #419696 10/25/11 03:53 PM
kayyyla Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
yeah, i thought about the breeder too, if i ever get another one. when we went to the store, there were so many and somes feathers were all bent and out of place and such. it broke my heart. ill never replace my girl. she was so unique, she was a prissy little thing and very stubborn, but i was the only one she took to and i am very happy that i gave her a better life than her previous owners.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Freemasons and the Da Vinci Code
by EVA21SA - 01/18/21 07:40 AM
Total Freedom
by EVA21SA - 01/16/21 08:52 AM
Matthew 12:40
by EVA21SA - 01/16/21 08:45 AM
What does this dream mean?
by vicyclethree - 01/14/21 06:57 PM
Bravo
by EVA21SA - 01/09/21 08:27 PM
Confused about direct descendent (spoilers)
by EVA21SA - 01/09/21 08:27 PM
One male has mated two females...
by EVA21SA - 12/22/20 09:07 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site