Print Thread
Bathing #415983 07/06/11 09:17 PM
D
Daniellero Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
D
I know everyone says keep trying with the bathing. Today i bought two different kind of tubs, one clip on and one with a mirror in it. Tried to put in the cages, one for each of my keets and it scared them so I put outside the cages.

The thing is I have a really nice plain water garden which is really just pottery with stones and a little jug with running water. I would think this would be much more interesting to them because of the running water and I put it next to serenades cage when they were both hanging out and nothing. Maybe I should just leave it next to ceecees cage running all day?

Does anyone's birds play in running water

Re: Bathing [Re: Daniellero] #415984 07/06/11 10:04 PM
tessboss Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Yes but not right away when Bob started bathing. He only baths on wet greens and now while he is rolling around and flapping his wings he lets me dribble water over him.

It took a while. I really do not know of anyone that can get their birds in a bath tub. The plain water garden sounds great but if you can control the flow to just drips for a while you might be more successful.

Re: Bathing [Re: Daniellero] #416016 07/09/11 02:45 AM
JeanneM Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Do you change the water out daily in the fountain feature? It might get a bit sour and just not fresh for them. Chippy does a regular bath in a glass pyrex dish (5"x7"x1"), but he LOVES the sound of running water. I think I can envision him enjoying that fountain. I would put some favorite toys in his bath water. Just like a 3 yr old, toys attract. I don't have it available all day long. I simply offer it for a few minutes, if he's not in the mood, he waits till the next day.

JeanneM
Re: Bathing [Re: Daniellero] #416018 07/09/11 12:33 PM
D
Daniellero Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
D
Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't changed the water because it's loose stones and they would all just fall out, but the water evaporates quickly and I add new water often. Yesterday I found a small stone laying out when I came home from work. The water garden was off but maybe CeeCee investigated? I hope so. I guess I could try the greens on the floor with serenade but he will probably just be scared of new things in his cage, but I will try when I get home from work today. I have been looking for a mister but havnt seen one at the store locally. I know I can find one if I really look though.

Re: Bathing [Re: Daniellero] #416019 07/09/11 12:37 PM
D
Daniellero Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
D
I can't believe your bird takes a bath in a glass dish. That is really funny, I would think he would slip. The funniest was my old bird Skittles (one of a kind) who used to hop onto my head when I took a shower and take a bath there!

Re: Bathing [Re: Daniellero] #416025 07/09/11 07:19 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
I would be careful of the fountain...make sure there is no where little feet could get caught. You would thunk with it circulating water must go in thru something and circulate back and around? IDK And also what is it made of?

I think I have one of the tubs you talked about with the mirror at the bottom? Small and tub shaped? If that's what you have, then honestly they are no where near big enough for a keet to bathe in. They like to be able to dip in and stretch their wings in the water. I was clueless to that when I got the lil tubby. lol I now use it to put foot toys in and they love tossing the toys out of it.

My guys love a plastic sandwich container with greens in it for a tub. tried other things and that is what they decided they like. Crazy kids!
I do love the idea of a bigger tub like Jeanne uses. I keep forgetting to look for one when at Walmart or somewhere!

Oh, for a mister you can get a plain ole spray bottle..most have a mist setting on them. I get them at dollar store and they also have them at drugstores like Rite Aid..CVS..

Just keep offering bath and eventually one will cave in and go for it. The other will soon follow smile Maybe even try splashing the water with your fingers when they are watching and pretend it is soooooo much fun. Sometimes even flicking a little water from your fingers on them helps to give them the idea.

LOL @ Skittles on your head in the shower! Soo cute!

Re: Bathing [Re: Daniellero] #416026 07/09/11 08:32 PM
D
Daniellero Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
D
Interesting! My water garden is small,like the size of a pasta bowl. It is pottery made by an artist. My sister gave it to me. There is a mini glazed urn where the water comes out and the bowl is filled with small decorative stones and sea glass and marbles. What is interesting is I came home and two stones were out on the top of the cabinet. I left ceecees cage open, the water garden is next to her and she was just sitting inside like "who me". So I know she's playing with it. The question is, is she bathing? If I can just catch her at it!

Re: Bathing [Re: Daniellero] #416063 07/12/11 12:53 PM
D
Daniellero Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
D
Update on the bathing, I have not been able to get either to bathe, either in various tubs or wet lettuce. So I finally got a mister and misted above and let the water fall down. They got a kick out of it, fluffing up and stuff.

Re: Bathing [Re: Daniellero] #416071 07/13/11 02:36 PM
sixbirds Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I just give my birds a large water dish and they use it...althought i usually have to refill it twice, because they splash all the water out haha

Re: Bathing [Re: Daniellero] #416076 07/13/11 06:36 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Niiiice they like being misted Daniellero. Yaay!

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Why in 2013 Abercromibie Fitch Jackets So Popular?
by Conrad John - 11/23/21 09:15 PM
What is Sustainable Leeather
by alishanathaniel - 11/21/21 11:21 PM
Assessing Your Local Tire Recycling Market
by allenlu - 11/15/21 08:21 AM
Xanax cod saturday delivery fedex
by Walgreens USA - 10/29/21 09:43 AM
Buy Modafinil 200mg Tablets Cash on Delivery
by modafinilxpills - 10/27/21 08:32 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site