Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: More Scary Stuff [Re: illusive Fantasy] #415178 05/10/11 10:37 PM
janimal Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
Originally Posted By: illusive Fantasy
dont forget that most have been brainwashed for decades without the luxury to speak..question...think for themselves...

i've often wondered what it is that makes people think outside the box and see through the smoke and mirrors we get spun every day (just look at how few people think that what is going on in libya is a little weird, and whether there is anything fishy about bin ladens assisination). is it intelligence, skepticism, wisdom, compassion or just sheer balls that makes a few think differently?

i could never make my mind up. all i know is that it has always made me spew that most people read the papers, watch the news and swear by every word.

It's All got to go!!!

BudeStrings Music Tuition
Re: More Scary Stuff [Re: PDM] #415842 06/13/11 03:27 AM
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
I also am irritated at rigidity, Illusive. And Lisa, I agree that there are people who love to harm others.

Jan, whatever it is, I'm glad for it.

Marge is the love of my life.
Re: More Scary Stuff [Re: PDM] #415845 06/13/11 01:01 PM
PDM Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
Yes, for some reason, some very young children seem to have sociopathic tendencies.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Re: More Scary Stuff [Re: PDM] #419351 10/07/11 07:49 PM
Mongrel Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
Quote:
Yes, for some reason, some very young children seem to have sociopathic tendencies.

PDM you know I realize that I am wayyyyyyyy tooooooo late on replying to this post of yours but I just saw a documentary on disasters the other day . . . . It was on the discovery channel, of course the only time I get to watch cable or satellite is when we go over to a relative's house or when we stay in a hotel because we have an antenna out here where we live and there are too many trees around the house to use a satellite but I find our standard of living is higher because of this fact(we sit on the couch very little). Anyway I need to get out of the longest run on sentence ever made and get back to what I was saying about the show I watched on Discovery(or it may have been History but those are the only two I care to watch) OK time to start a new paragraph.

This film was trying to document the life and times of a "normal" Urban family that manages to live through a global pandemic but then faces the aftermath of food and water shortages, diseases and other problems. At one point the family comes upon a house that looks deserted enough until they come up closer and find that there is a kid living in it and the "kid" has either killed her parents or a really large dog and is slow roasting the meat over a burning tire. The narrator jumps in and says that 'children can be especially vicious in times of strife and struggle.' or something like that.

Is that what you mean PDM? I mean I know that most kids nowadays are about half crazy thus I see them in stores, restaurants and other places just acting nuts but is this a new thing or have children always been like this? I know that you are a teacher, of little kids, so you will have the inside scoop on this right? I could ask my wife's sister and B.I.L (their both kindergarten teachers) but they would not tell me the truth just so they could lie and smile at the same time smirk.

I have taught college and high school level kids and I don't see a huge difference between the teenagers of now and my little ole horny self. I don't recall a whole lot from being a child. I did not have a very happy childhood so I assume it is better to forget though things did get better as I entered puberty (I know that people always say that things get worse when you enter puberty but it was the exact opposite for me).

"Nowadays, people know the price of everything, and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde
Re: More Scary Stuff [Re: PDM] #419423 10/10/11 04:33 PM
PDM Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
Hi

I used to work with young children, many years ago, but no, I was simply referring to people who are born sociopaths or psychopaths. As Lisa said, some are born, who just enjoy seeing others suffer.

But experiments have shown that, under certain circumstances, anyone can behave in a manner that might be consideree cruel or evil.

There was the school experiment, where blue-eyed children were told that brown-eyed children were bad / inferior / etc ~ and their behaviour changed accordingly.

Then there was the warden / inmate prisoner experiement, where the 'guards' became quite aggressive and cruel.

I saw a Derren Brown experiment, where he got a kind young girl, who loved cats, to agree to kill a kitten. He is now going to see if he could get an ordinary person to assassinate someone.

Our minds are strange things.

Re: More Scary Stuff [Re: PDM] #419425 10/10/11 07:22 PM
Mongrel Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
PDM what do you think of that little girl roasting her own puppy, or father, over a burning tire?

Oh and I did not tell you the best part! The boy child of the desperate family was standing there looking at the roasting ??? whatever and then the little girl came out and tried to shoot the boy child.

This documentary was supposed to be a "factual"inactment of what is to come when we have a terrible disaster.

To be honest it kind of freaked me out just a little!!

"Nowadays, people know the price of everything, and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde
Re: More Scary Stuff [Re: PDM] #419432 10/10/11 10:50 PM
PDM Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
It's not real is it?
Was it just a suggestion of what might happen?
People will eat dogs and even other people when desperate.
Who knows what certain people will do in certain situations?

Re: More Scary Stuff [Re: PDM] #419456 10/11/11 02:34 PM
Mongrel Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
No it wasn't real eek the narrator was just trying to make a point that young people could be more vicious than adults. I thought it was kind of funny at first and then the thought crossed my mind that it might be her father instead of the dog. EEEEEEEW that just sends shivers down my spine.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Buy Vilafinil 200mg Online without prescription
by Derick Cook - 09/01/21 11:22 AM
Tamiflu Flu virus Tablets
by Derick Cook - 08/30/21 12:28 PM
Buy Modafinil 200mg Tablets Cash on Delivery
by Derick Cook - 08/27/21 10:41 AM
Tapentadol Extended Release Tablets
by Derick Cook - 08/26/21 11:18 AM
Buy Modalert Online|Modalert 200mg Sleepiness Tabl
by Derick Cook - 08/24/21 12:08 PM
Purchase Generic Nuvigil Online for Sleep Apnea
by Derick Cook - 08/24/21 11:47 AM
Buy Tapentadol Online
by Derick Cook - 08/23/21 11:08 AM
Buy Artvigil 150mg online
by Derick Cook - 08/23/21 10:14 AM
Buy Eszopiclone online
by Derick Cook - 08/20/21 01:19 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site