Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Jloc's New Bird--PICS HERE NOW! #41573 02/11/06 09:51 PM
P
paula k Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
He is so precious. You must be in heaven?

ava and abby
Re: Jloc's New Bird--PICS HERE NOW! #41574 02/11/06 09:54 PM
A
AyEe Y0o Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
A
Jloc, good luck with the new baby!!!!

Lol... I've never seen a blue budgie... and it's so pretty!!!!

Re: Jloc's New Bird--PICS HERE NOW! #41575 02/11/06 09:55 PM
Alyssa Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
Jason I'm SO happy for you! You must be so excited. He is so pretty, cute, beautiful, handsom, etc etc! LOL.
From what I can tell I'm loving the set up with the cage. You should take some pictures of that too laugh

R.I.P Elkie
Nov. 04 - Jul. 05
Your life was short lived but I hope you were very happy.
Re: Jloc's New Bird--PICS HERE NOW! #41576 02/11/06 10:23 PM
Cully's Mom Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
OOOOooooh! How positively ADORABLE!!!!

Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die!
Re: Jloc's New Bird--PICS HERE NOW! #41577 02/11/06 11:02 PM
Frosty*Sonny*Cloud Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
He just looks so majestic in that picture! English Budgies are adorable, well, all budgies are, strike that, every bird is adorable. There now everybody's happy! laugh Anyways, you have a Gorgeous, hunk of a bird there and he is SO lucky to have found you! I bet you are SO excited!!!

Cloud and Sonny and Frosty(RIP)

Snow glistens upon the open field, I see your shape, I hear your chirp, and happiness fills my soul, knowing how happy you must be, to be away from me....RIP Frosty! I'll love you forever and for always!
Re: Jloc's New Bird--PICS HERE NOW! #41578 02/11/06 11:43 PM
J
jaykelvik Offline
Friend
Friend
J
I love him jloc he looks great or she lol

breeding for over 12 years
Re: Jloc's New Bird--PICS HERE NOW! #41579 02/12/06 03:46 AM
chirpy Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Congrats, Jloc. Good looking little birdie you got there. Can he fly yet? His wings look a bit kinda short. Hope you didn't clip them. Well, may be that is how baby English budgies look. I don't have one so I don't know.

Re: Jloc's New Bird--PICS HERE NOW! #41580 02/12/06 05:08 AM
Cristina Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Sam is adorable!! I love the black on his beak. He looks like he's going to be a robust english. Enjoy those big black eyes while you can, you won't be able to see them in a few months! lol He's really beatiful!

I also like his tailfeathers, looks like he has a bunch. Very nice. Cuchito also has very thick feathers making him look even bigger.

Thanks for sharing the pics! Hope to be hearing more about him, maybe you can give us a few minutes a day, away from Sam to post for us, lol.

"You never stop loving someone, you just learn to live without them"
Re: Jloc's New Bird--PICS HERE NOW! #41581 02/12/06 06:02 AM
Jloc Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Yeah he is partially cut, the breeder cuts all her birds and she already had Sam and his sister cut before I saw them. He can actually still fly though, just can't get much height, I will let them grow out though.

And thanks everyone he is the best baby, so well behaved, he was more or less hand raised and I personally had spent about 3+ hours with him on my hand, shoulder, knee, so he is already very used to me. I just had him eating some millet, he didn't eat for about 24 hours then I showed him that I was eating the millet and he immediately took to it and in two sitting has almost eaten an entire spray, and the spray I get are triple or more the size you will find at petco/petsmart, they aren't much longer just fatter. Also I put a little bottlecap of water in front of him and he sipped it a coupel times which is good because he hasn't explored his cage much and I feel better now that he had a couple sips because that couple last him a few days at least if he didn't drink from the bottle. I have the normal water bottles with the trough which is what I like but he was raised on the actual water bottle like for mice and hamsters with the ball in the end of the tube, so I have both in there and will keep them both until I see him drinking from the one I feel are better. Also he chirped a little when he heard all the other birds chirping away, I felt that was a good sign. He is a beautiful birds once I use some flash on the pics you will see how nice his colors are, just amazing. He looks like Cobalt blue but he has a lot of violet in him which is less common than blue, both of his parents had violet in there genes. Just below his cheek spots he has a nice little patch of violet, very cool looking. I think overall he is doing exceptionally, I think he will adjust very quickly and be a great bird. I will keep you guys posted on him. I wish I had Sylv here to share this with her, she gave the best advice of anyone I have met, she is the one that said get a boy and try and find one that has some black in the beak because that is the youngest you'll find at a store, that was her advice on picking the best budgie. And she is right, all birds are great but if you really want to have a great companion then follow those rules and you will be well off. I have been playing with Sam Wise since he had an all black beak, so thats as soon as you can start playing with them, and the time you can spend is short because the dad bird starts getting mad if you take them out to long.

SO again thank you guys, I am glad you like him. There will be many many pics coming up, he's pretty tuckered out right now so I will leave him alone, but tomorrow I will get more pics and better ones. He is doing good though, better than I was expecting by far.

And yeah Cristina he will be a big bird, he feels like he already weighs double the other keets and he is so young, she said 8-9 months you will really see his get big. I love his black eyes too, makes him look so cute and innocent. Thanks for sharing Cuchito with me, you really inspired me to go get an English budgie, they really are great, I love both equally but since I have only had american, I really wanted an ENglish and honestly I got the exact bird I had pictured in my head, it was like fate or something, I couldn't ask for anything more. Well have a wondeful evening and I will post some more later. Jloc&Sam Wise&Frodo&Shelby&Tiki the conure

Frodo, Sam Wise, Shelby, and Scooter
Re: Jloc's New Bird--PICS HERE NOW! #41582 02/12/06 02:18 PM
A
AyEe Y0o Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
A
You know seriously, people here on this Forum with English Budgies inspired me too... I really want to get one... I'm not sur how or where... but many later, in the year I might...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Baby Parakeet still frozen in place after 3 weeks
by PaulWunsch - 07/28/22 06:06 AM
Tips for DTF printing
by textekprinter - 07/21/22 07:14 AM
Expert NFL Survivor Pool Advice Tips Picks Week 5
by John Short, Jr - 07/18/22 07:13 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site