LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Used Hagen Vision Cage for 46 bucks! [Re: Kimberly1985] #415114 05/08/11 05:28 AM
C
cyberbud Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
C
We have a flight cage too and the keets love it. They use every space from top to bottom, side to side and back forth.

They really aren't the nightmare to keep clean and scrub. The toys and perches are rotated regularly and scrubbed. The grate and tray can easily go to the bathtub to be scrubbed. When I have seeds in the tray I cover the floor with newspaper and pour seed hulls onto newspaper, roll up and throw away. I keep paper towels on the grate. Two rows of 3 blocks of standard paper towel.

To disinfect we put down the drip cloth we use for painting, empty the cage, roll it out onto the drip cloth, bring in a bucket of hot water and clean.

Its really not the impossible task every one makes it out to be. This is all done on beige carpeted floors and they are none the worse for it.

The most difficult part for me with this cage is setting perches, as I'm a bit on the vertically challenged and the cage is a bit deep. That's when I call in hubby! ;-)

This cage may not be for you for many reasons, but I wouldn't let the cleaning and scrubbing aspect be the reason you don't choose it.

Cheers!

Kathy

"Many have forgotten this truth...You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
Re: Used Hagen Vision Cage for 46 bucks! [Re: Kimberly1985] #415120 05/08/11 02:41 PM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
K
Thanks Kathy. I wasn't too put off by the cleaning issues with the flight cage. I knew it couldn't be too bad, plus I have a garden tub so it would fit either way. laugh I do want more horizontal bars and the one I linked earlier doesn't have any! I still got plenty of time to find the one I want. More than likely, I'm gonna have to pick one in person so I can actually see the cage. Pictures can be so deceiving online.

Re: Used Hagen Vision Cage for 46 bucks! [Re: Kimberly1985] #415130 05/08/11 06:54 PM
C
cyberbud Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
C
Best of luck in your search for your perfect cage and kudos for putting so much thought into it...its really important to our feather friends happiness.

Kathy

ps: I have a garden tub too but its on the second floor, its easier to clean the cage in the same room. It doesn't detach from the base.

"Many have forgotten this truth...You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Parakeet aggressive once I add in toys, help!
by Alex-x - 07/30/20 11:55 PM
a parakeet pair concern
by Durov - 07/11/20 11:42 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site