Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: missing parakeets [Re: laila3] #414593 04/28/11 03:22 AM
T
Toony Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
T
Just need to add, people need to be reinforced in different ways they cant just be reinforced nicely and kindly, they also need someone to keep them on their toes and make sure they understand. Its good that Illusive is making sure people are getting the correct info and its also nice that kksuns trying to talk it out nicely, its good we have Cetan to put in her extra facts, and its also good we have the surrounding members to put up good arguments (not arguments like fighting lol) about like pellets VS seeds, or aviaries VS indoor cages and so on

I'll miss you guys
Re: missing parakeets [Re: laila3] #414601 04/28/11 07:40 AM
Jessica Cole Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
Laila - The weather sounds relatively good there. Since budgies are native to Australia, I don't think the temperature will bother them. If it rains and storms, it may cause problems. It is hard to tell what really happened, since you described the cage as lying on it's side awkwardly with the doors shut. I really hope they return. It's been a few days, but they may still be around. The recordings are a good idea. They love that! Please, keep us updated!

Lesson learned, indeed. I can relate. I don't think I was even on this forum when I had my first parakeet, Inochii. But, I always took him outside on my shoulder...loose! My sister took him outside for the last time one day while I was cleaning the cage. I completely gave her permission too. In the end, he flew off her shoulder, one of our cats jumped on him, and he died of either a heart attack or a broken neck. All in all, he's gone. His life was short and his death was tragic. In my opinion, BUILD AN OUTDOOR AVIARY! It's safer! And take time to build a SAFE outdoor aviary.

Kayyla - I, too, take offense to your accusations. Illusive has been a great help to me and many other people on this forum. She's been involved with birds for, I assume, many years. She helped me get information about getting a bigger bird and she's even given me wonderful recipes, which I've yet to make, but I do my best for now. In her defense, like I said before, LESSON LEARNED, INDEED. Mistakes are lessons. We learn from them. It is extremely jawdropping that you would say that we're all "Illusive worshippers" or whatever. We've all become friends here through our experiences. I'd like to be friends with you too, Kaayla. So, please swallow your pride, because no one is here to harm anybody in anyway.

Now, I'm exhausted, so...goodnight, everyone!

Re: missing parakeets [Re: laila3] #414602 04/28/11 09:25 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I just typed out a post, which then got lost in the ether frown

Laila, I am really very sorry about what has happened and very much hope that your birds will return home soon.

Sadly, so many learning experiences can cause pain.

I am also sorry that this thread has caused arguments. Certainly, sometimes, when people are feeling down, they are not ready for criticism, but, I think that all of the members who mentioned 'lessons' were being sympathetic ~ and simply stating a truism.

Tess certainly sounded both sympathetic and empathetic when she said 'lesson learned' ~ and others simply stated what you now already know ~ that one has to be very, very careful when taking pet birds outside.

Take care and good luck smile

PDM. Moderator.

Last edited by PDM; 04/29/11 12:24 AM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Re: missing parakeets [Re: kayyyla] #414603 04/28/11 09:44 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Kayyyla
.... There is no lesson, mistakes happen, she is probably a mess right now, so i'm pretty sure your attitude is not needed......

I was basically just refering to illusive. When somebody is in *distress about their animals, i wouldn't want someone just replying "lesson learned." Just because everyone here bows down to her, thats fine. But, if i was upset and this happened to my bird, I wouldn't be asking for an attitude. ..... This is a forum, not a critic. .....

Hello kayyyla

As you say, this is a forum and, as such, people will respond to the posts.

I do not think that people were being unfriendly or critical of Laila; simply saying that life is a series of learning experiences and, for Laila, this 'mistake' was one of them. I am sure that we all wish her well and hope that her birds will return safely.

You say that it was Illusive Fantasy to whom you were referring, for replying with "lesson learned" ~ yet, unless I have read this wrong, it was not she who said "lesson learned." Please correct me if I am wrong.

This is how I read the responses.

Tessboss: 'Lesson learned for all of us ...the hard way.'

Illusive Fantasy: 'yep tess the lesson is NEVER leave a bird outside unattended for even one minute.'

KKsuns: 'The lesson is NEVER leave your bird outside unattended.'

Tessboss: 'For all those birdy lovers this is a lesson learned from a very heart broken bird lover and I am sorry she had this happen.'

Illusive Fantasy: 'there was no attitude whatsoever... but it is like also what tess said...its a wake up call to be diligent and it does become a lesson learned to never leave a bird unattended while its outside... nobody wants to see something like this happen and no harm was meant by anyone with what was expressed.'

KKsuns: 'There most certainly IS a lesson to be learned so why not say so? Others will learn the dos and don'ts of taking their birds outside....in other words lessons.'

Jessica Cole: 'Lesson learned, indeed. I can relate. like I said before, LESSON LEARNED, INDEED. Mistakes are lessons. We learn from them.'

Kayyyla ~ and everyone else ~ please, if you feel that anyone on this forum is displaying an unacceptable 'attitude', or if you feel that other members are supporting such an 'attitude', or if you see any rules being broken, then do click on 'notify', rather than taking the matter into your own hands, so that the moderators can check ~ and double-check ~ all of the facts. Thank you smile

Laila, if you feel that you have been treated unfairly, or over-critically, then please let the moderators know ~ I am sorry that your problem thread has descended into a certain amount of unpleasantness. smile

PDM. Moderator.

Last edited by PDM; 04/29/11 12:25 AM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Re: missing parakeets [Re: laila3] #414605 04/28/11 01:30 PM
tessboss Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Wow, I cannot believe all this commotion about one little comment, that was meant completely from the heart.

And I am sorry to have caused Illusive to be attacked again. She was only agreeing with me.

Unfortunately it has taken away all the heart felt care/concern we have for laila and her birds.

I for one will not mention the incident regarding lessons learned again. Sorry laila. Please keep us posted, we all care.

Re: missing parakeets [Re: laila3] #414611 04/28/11 05:00 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
once AGAIN thank you to all for your support...i do greatly appreciate it and how you also put yourselves out there to do that ...it means and speaks volumns ...

and thank you also PDM for taking your time to hopefully bring this to a end.

tess...you did nothing wrong, and i saw nothing wrong with the comments made...continue to be who you are.

and tess there is nothing wrong about lessons learned..its a point from which we can all hopefully grow and learn...otherwise ..whats the point.

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 04/28/11 05:11 PM.
Re: missing parakeets [Re: laila3] #414620 04/28/11 08:15 PM
C
Connor G Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
C
Yes thank you PDM hopefully this will stop. I agree tess it is an important lesson that everyone has learned from.

Re: missing parakeets [Re: laila3] #414632 04/28/11 10:40 PM
L
laila3 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
what if someone stole them then how would i find.can i still them if were to be a week and a half

Re: missing parakeets [Re: laila3] #414633 04/28/11 10:45 PM
kayyyla Offline
Regular
Regular
Okay, well, everyone has their opinion and i am sticking to mine. I believe she was out to get me from the moment i joined this forum. I do not care if any of you want to comment. There is a DIFFERENCE between being a critic and trying to help. I don't care if i was RANDOM with my OFFENSIVE comment either. I am a wonderful pet owner, I know lots about all types of animals and i am still learning about taking care of my bird, whom is doing very well, thank you. I actually have quite a few messages from people who 100% agree with me about illusive. Yes, your advice and suggestions are great, but no need to be smart all the time. Sympathy is nice once in a while. I don't care if you've known her for quite a while. NONE OF YOU know me as a person, so don't judge me. I am not a CHILD, unlike some people on here, I am an adult. I apologize if many of you are offended by my comment, but i am not everyone else. If i don't like someones comments, i will let you know about it. I have nothing else to say.

Katie: no need for :):):) thank ya GIRL.

Re: missing parakeets [Re: laila3] #414638 04/28/11 11:55 PM
L
laila3 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
can you gugs stop fighting and help me find my birds
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
How Tire Shredders Affect Our Climate
by allenlu - 12/28/21 06:18 AM
Modafinil 200mg Tablet: Provigil Uses, Dosage
by modafinilxpills - 12/27/21 07:16 AM
Three babies!
by Lanapo - 12/24/21 11:55 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site