Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: May i recommend a seed? [Re: Toony] #414502 04/27/11 01:34 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Well of course we google. LOL You know google is one of my good friends. I had come across that same article...and according to that ash is an important part of your pets diet, BUT it also states that The minerals contained in ash include calcium, iron, magnesium, sodium and zinc, along with trace amounts of many others.
ZINC??? and many "others"? Again huh? Does that apply to the ash in bird foods too? Or does it depend on where the ash comes from?

Like Tess, I only use the Abba during molts, but if the ash content is harmful I wouldn't even want to use it then.

Of course birds in the wild don't get "perfect" food. We humans have exposed wildlife to all sorts of bad things.
Point being the wild ones don't have as long a lifespan partly do to US ...and OUR captive birds DO have a choice of going organic if WE as their parents choose to give them as healthy a diet as possible.
So, your hubby did bring up a good point tess, but kind of made the wrong point. LOL If that makes sense.

Re: May i recommend a seed? [Re: Toony] #414504 04/27/11 02:01 PM
tessboss Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I guess I should have put the good point my hubby made in context. He does not believe that chemicals are good for birds, quite the contrary he believes they are harmful.

What he meant while we were talking about Petamine and Abba is that if we give it only during moult and natural organic ingredients all other times we shouldn't worry so much about the additives in Petamine and Abba. We are still doing way better than the wild birds get daily.

He thinks we all worry too much and should love our keets and be happy to have them.

His motto is do the best that you can and move on and when you know better you will do better but live each day just for now enjoy.

Re: May i recommend a seed? [Re: Toony] #414509 04/27/11 02:33 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
on that note...when you know better...you will do better....

well we do know better...ALLLLL of us know better...and most will try to do better.

but every once in awhile...along comes someone who likes to "kick up the dirt" and just finds change a hard thing to accept.

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 04/27/11 04:15 PM.
Re: May i recommend a seed? [Re: Toony] #414514 04/27/11 04:45 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
wink

Re: May i recommend a seed? [Re: tessboss] #414517 04/27/11 07:53 PM
XPR15SR Offline
Companion
Companion
Originally Posted By: tessboss
What he meant while we were talking about Petamine and Abba is that if we give it only during moult and natural organic ingredients all other times we shouldn't worry so much about the additives in Petamine and Abba. We are still doing way better than the wild birds get daily.

Makes perfect sense to me.

It's just a shame that we have violated so many species environments the way we have. While I understand that we may have done some of these things previous to our knowledge of just how detrimental it could be on our surroundings and to the lives of other species, I just can't wrap my mind around the damage that we have caused to our planet to better our lifestyle, only to figure out that we have made things a lot worse for ourselves. Irony at it's best.

Re: May i recommend a seed? [Re: Toony] #414524 04/27/11 09:14 PM
tessboss Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Amen, agree whole heartily

Re: May i recommend a seed? [Re: Toony] #414525 04/27/11 09:17 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
yes XPR and thats the thing tho...once its figured out there is a better way to do things and need to modify what you have previously been doing...it serves no purpose to continue with old convictions...its TIME for change.

Re: May i recommend a seed? [Re: Toony] #414554 04/28/11 12:24 AM
XPR15SR Offline
Companion
Companion
Agreed. Although, most of our solutions may help the initial problem. They also introduce new problems because we are hasty due to the fact that what we were doing had caused such extensive damage.

Re: May i recommend a seed? [Re: Toony] #414565 04/28/11 01:19 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
a discussion for another thread for sure lol

as in not all cases is this the situation...most often i find it to be the opposite ...we tend to over scrutinize to the point of no return...

case in point...the so called global warming scenario...and now our nuclear plants....alternative energy sources...so on so forth

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 04/28/11 01:20 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
How to write an essay in German
by bethyy - 08/13/22 07:01 AM
So the jist of this ; Get CCB and recharge chaotic
by williamN - 08/06/22 11:23 AM
Baby Parakeet still frozen in place after 3 weeks
by PaulWunsch - 07/28/22 06:06 AM
Tips for DTF printing
by textekprinter - 07/21/22 07:14 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site