To quote preciiusbaby...I am sooooo HAPPYYY too!!!!!! The mere fact that this little bird made it through the night shows how much of a fighter he is. So special
I applaud you yet again for taking it upon yourself to get help for him. TERRIFIC news the vet is willing to help offset the bill for you.
Heavy metal poisoning huh? Not sure what you mean by "no clue where it came from be it the store or the customer"?? Was this bird returned by a customer?
At any rate..if the metal toxicity came from the store it tells me that something is obviously wrong in the environment these birds are being kept in. Be it the cages they are housed in, toys they have..dishes, SOMETHING is extremely toxic and really needs to be looked in to. There may be many other birds already affected and more to come.
If/when you ever get the chance, I for one would love to know what it is the vet is using to treat this heavy metal toxicity.
I know of some natural things, like cilantro for example, that helps remove heavy metals from the system but I don't know what drugs? are used. Obviously the little guy as quite a build up and I highly doubt something like cilantro would have even began to touch it.
Whatever we can learn through others" experiences may help someone in the future
Still pulling for this awesome little fighter and as always my very best to you. I hope it all works out and pans out the way you hope.
Thanks so much for the update!
Hang in there baby. You have a wealth of love coming your way