Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tuna Fish anyone?? #41239 02/08/06 01:44 AM
brown hornet Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
Do any of you give your keets Tuna Fish? If so how do you give it to them do you mix it with anything?

Re: Tuna Fish anyone?? #41240 02/09/06 07:01 PM
brown hornet Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
Is it good or no?

Re: Tuna Fish anyone?? #41241 02/09/06 07:05 PM
Reena Offline
I gave some to mine for the first time a week ago. For the most part, they ignored it. I will keep trying as it's supposed to be good for them.

Re: Tuna Fish anyone?? #41242 02/09/06 07:50 PM
Alyssa Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
Tuna is a very good source of protein for birds. It's good to give them, just dont over do it - a few times a week. Make sure you buy the kind packed in water, not oil. And do not put anything in it.

R.I.P Elkie
Nov. 04 - Jul. 05
Your life was short lived but I hope you were very happy.
Re: Tuna Fish anyone?? #41243 02/09/06 09:43 PM
Polly Offline
Friend
Friend
I personally have never heard of that laugh

Try it though, I'm interested smile

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
Re: Tuna Fish anyone?? #41244 02/10/06 11:07 AM
icequeen50 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I have to say this! I do not give my birds meat or fish of anykind (cutlebone yes). In the wild they do not live on meat. Why would you want to put something in there life that is so inportant especially food that is not natural. It is unatural enough for them to live in a cage and they do adjust, but for this is a metobolic isssue and i personally will not fed them what is not natural in food for them in the wild. i agree that they need other sorces of food, like veggies but that is not meat. I am sorry i don't want to afend anyone, it is just i don't agree with meat.

Re: Tuna Fish anyone?? #41245 02/10/06 01:21 PM
L
LPG Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
L
icequeen you're absolutely right. In the wild these birds definitely don't get anything like tuna. I also don't agree with any form of meat for them, it's just not in their natural diet and there's plenty of other foods that can be given. My vet is totally against any form of meat for birds including fish, cuttlebone of course being acceptable as it's not really in the flesh form.

Re: Tuna Fish anyone?? #41246 02/10/06 03:47 PM
A
AngelMama Offline
Companion
Companion
A
Okay --- What about insects?
I know canaries and finches eat them in the wild. Does anyone know of parrots eatting insects?

Adding to the family one pet at a time. We now consist of 8 humans and one canine(Cinders) and one keet(Kleo)
Re: Tuna Fish anyone?? #41247 02/10/06 03:48 PM
Reena Offline
You know, no matter where you go on the internet, no matter which vet you talk to, what budgie owners you talk to, which forums you belong to... there is disagreement on the diet for budgies. There are owners and vets who are adamant about pellets being "THE" food and anyone not feeding their budgies pellets is in the wrong. There are strong advocates against pellets, that they cause renal failure. I've read from many veterinary sites that in the wild budgies will eat many things, including bugs. Everyone has their own idea of what's right. But I guess what's really right, is that no one really knows for sure what diet is appropriate and we just do our best to do the best for our little friends.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Growing my own greens for my birds question
by LA-Birds - 09/24/21 10:17 PM
Make sure you have a solid business plan
by allenlu - 09/24/21 05:51 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by allenlu - 09/24/21 02:31 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site