LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410841 03/02/11 06:00 PM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
Bambi, my husband's name is Brad too. LOL

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: Kimberly1985] #410842 03/02/11 06:03 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Hope yours is more responsible then mine!!! >.< I cant believe he just let her grab Storm!! Im fuming right now!

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410843 03/02/11 06:12 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
i dont blame ya for fuming cuz if that little girl held the bird to tight in just a matter of a minute the bird would suffocate as they need to be able to expand their chest when breathing...a lil bird is always HANDS OFF be sure to let them BOTH know...explain to them also what i just said..

your back at square one for sure...sorry about that...just keep working at it ...now the bird will learn you can trust all humans...and be very cautious ...which isnt so bad really just to bad to have happened like this ...

best educated anyone around that bird ...

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410845 03/02/11 06:25 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
greeeaaatt well, maybe now i can let him trust a;; of us, like you said.. we'll see. back to square one.. >.<

Last edited by BambiEyes; 03/02/11 06:28 PM.
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410846 03/02/11 07:08 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Hi Bambi, Just had to say how CUTE your little Storm is. All those stripes on his lil head..he must be quite young..still a baby smile
Do you know how old he is? They usually don't go thru a major molt til at least 4mos.
Then you will start to see bigger feathers being shed-like tail or wing feathers. You will probably even find some of those clipped flight feathers you are so anxiously awaiting to be replaced! lol
Most lose the little floofie feathers here and there at any time..it's not a major molt with just the floofies.

I see you were wondering about traveling and being able to use his cage for transportation? To the vet and whatnot? Didn't you say you used to have a smaller cage for Storm, and then you got a bigger one?
If so hang on the the smaller one for a travel/sick cage. How big was it?

I'd love to see a close up of that cute lil face of his. From your avi pic it looks like he has a pretty purplish cere..reminds me of my Levi's when he was a baby. If it is...I would guess that he's a boy smile Too early to tell of course..but that's what I get from ur avi pic.
He's gorgeous! And I think he will be ok, and back to trusting you in no time.
Darn sisters n husbands anyway huh? grrr!

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: kksuns] #410876 03/02/11 10:27 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Originally Posted By: kksuns
Hi Bambi, Just had to say how CUTE your little Storm is. All those stripes on his lil head..he must be quite young..still a baby smile
Do you know how old he is? They usually don't go thru a major molt til at least 4mos.
Then you will start to see bigger feathers being shed-like tail or wing feathers. You will probably even find some of those clipped flight feathers you are so anxiously awaiting to be replaced! lol
Most lose the little floofie feathers here and there at any time..it's not a major molt with just the floofies.

I see you were wondering about traveling and being able to use his cage for transportation? To the vet and whatnot? Didn't you say you used to have a smaller cage for Storm, and then you got a bigger one?
If so hang on the the smaller one for a travel/sick cage. How big was it?

I'd love to see a close up of that cute lil face of his. From your avi pic it looks like he has a pretty purplish cere..reminds me of my Levi's when he was a baby. If it is...I would guess that he's a boy smile Too early to tell of course..but that's what I get from ur avi pic.
He's gorgeous! And I think he will be ok, and back to trusting you in no time.
Darn sisters n husbands anyway huh? grrr!

Yeah he's jus a baby smile aww I didnt know the little foofies come out all the time thats so cute. yes, he has a bigger cage now but the smaller one had stuff in it, so i didnt know what to take out and whatnot, smile and ill try to get a closer pic for you laugh but it might take a while now that hes scared of me.. >.< yes.. darn children and husbands/ boyfriends... >.< thanks! ^_^ and yeah, its a purplish cere, hopefully its a boy. smile ive been saying pretty boy since i got him

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410878 03/02/11 10:32 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
time will tell if its a boy but not till around 7 - 8 months...

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410932 03/03/11 02:14 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
so he wont be looking for a mate then till about 7-8 months? frown No progress with him yet, he wont even come out of his cage... *sigh* I cant believe She did this, I feel so bad frown I dont want my little baby to be afraid of me..

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410934 03/03/11 02:28 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Also, since he's a baby, can I still give him veggies and things? or is he too young? what do your keets like to eat? and also, in most of your pictures, you guys dont have your cages really really high up like mine, I was told birds love to be at the highest point in the room, but maybe I was told lies, how high up should the cages be?

Last edited by BambiEyes; 03/03/11 02:40 PM.
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410935 03/03/11 03:04 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Hi BambiEyes,
Stormy won't be "looking" for a mate even at 7-8mos. He doesn't NEED a mate. They don't mature til around that age, which is why it's hard to tell their gender til then. Their cere color can keep changing up until then, and then it will pretty much stay the same. Other than females will turn a crusty brown when they are in breeding mode. Males will stay basically blue..maybe sometimes a darker blue if they are feeling uhhhhh randy? LOL

You can start giving him veggies any time. In fact I would start now. A good starter is fresh broccoli..you can wedge a florett between cage bars, or chop of some of the seed like tips onto a plate or in a dish..or offer from fingertips if he will eat from your hand. Mine LOVE kale and it's very good for them. Clipped to side of cage..or for now even clipped to outside of cage where he can pick at it thru the bars-might not be as scary for him LOL I would try small pieces at first. BIG BAD VEGGIE MONSTER might eat me!!! ahhh! LOL
I've always thought the leafy part of celery is a good starter veg, even tho it's not nutritious, it has a nice fresh scent and taste and it's not scary. haha Like wedged between cage bars?
Chopped/grated carrots is another fav because they are sweet tasting and GOOD for them.
As for how high to put the cage. That's up to you..as long as it's safe and secure. They do say they like to be up high, but I think it depends on if they are used to it or not. My cage sits on a stand that is the height of a coffee table and they like it just fine. I like to be able to see and talk to them easily.
Of course if you have pets or young kids that might bother them if too low....go for high

BTW Stormy will come around again. Just be patient and do lots of sweet talking and in cage gentle hand training. Hold you hand in cage very still..what does he do?

Last edited by kksuns; 03/03/11 03:08 PM.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
levitation photo challenge
by EVA21SA - 10/31/20 07:40 AM
free will
by EVA21SA - 10/31/20 07:33 AM
Separating Two Parakeets
by Min - 10/28/20 05:51 PM
Please help
by Faeed - 10/27/20 03:23 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site