LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410810 03/02/11 12:10 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
awww smile and Kimberly, you're so right! I cant wait to see both Storm and Cheeko take off! I want him to be a bird, just like you want yours too! (I read your thread as well) And Illusive, I have to admit, I did run to him just because he starts like yelling, and doesnt stop till I come get him, I guess he needs a little tough love and he'll figure it out on his own? *haha anyway, thanks for all the advice. I appriciate you guys taking your time and writing on the thread laugh I'm going back to the petstore today to get him some stuff, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410812 03/02/11 12:16 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Oh! Also, Illusive, I saw on the "I really need help with my budgies" thred that you mentioned something about traveling with the bird, what is the best way to do that if its cold outside? He came in a little box, but I think I threw it away, I didnt think that was a suitable form of transportation, I can really just transport him in his cage? what if It's cold outside? Its actually 31 degrees right now. frown how would I solve that problem?

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: Connor G] #410813 03/02/11 01:43 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
I'm a she >.<

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410814 03/02/11 01:49 PM
lovemykeets_2 Offline
Companion
Companion
I live in chemung county, in south west ny. not too far from PA.
That is why i names my Storm. that is too cool. she is my baby. i wish i could get her to come out of the cage. my Cheekers will. he is finger trained and loves to fly around the house.

wing man
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: lovemykeets_2] #410815 03/02/11 01:51 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Originally Posted By: lovemykeets_2
I live in chemung county, in south west ny. not too far from PA.
That is why i names my Storm. that is too cool. she is my baby. i wish i could get her to come out of the cage. my Cheekers will. he is finger trained and loves to fly around the house.

Aww thats soo cute laugh I cant wait till my baby gets his flights back!! I want him to fly around! He's molting now, so it shouldn't be too long.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410833 03/02/11 05:05 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
you dont travel with the bird just for the heck of it only to vet check ups ...as long as the car is preheated already just cover cage well and do as mentioned ..remove things from the cage temporarily in case they start to freak out a bit...if they do you simple lift the cover a bit and let them see you and talk softly till the bird gets calm...so also in a situation like going to a vet you would want to leave a little extra window time in case you do need to stop and calm the lil one down before getting going again.

they all generally tend to ride well tho...and you would never get him back into that little box...i saved the one Cappy came home in too and every now and again i laugh at it when i see it...like...was he really THAT SMALL.

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 03/02/11 05:07 PM.
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410835 03/02/11 05:43 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
LOL I threw mine away. I was like, "are they serious?" When they put him in that little box I was very sad, I mean he fit because he was so small, but i got him in his cage as soon as I got home. I said "here ya go, get outta that little box smile " and he hopped out right into his cage LOL

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410836 03/02/11 05:48 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
I dont think even Cappys tail would fit in that box now...wow.

Edited had to come back an say moulting already with all those stripes still on his head ...wow well just be sure to give extra protein in the diet during moults they really need a LOT of protein during MAJOR moults when tail and wing feathers begin to drop

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 03/02/11 05:52 PM.
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410838 03/02/11 05:53 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Haha! Yeah, my little Storm got a little bit bigger as well since I bought him. OH MY GOD! BY the way.. I think you mentioned this one some of your other threads, but my sister just RUINED everything!! she grabbed him! and held him in her hand!! she was like patting his head, and my boyfriend was watching them! I came home and I was like "BRAD? WHY DID you let her take him out?!" and he said: "well he wanted to come out, and she wanted to playw ith him. he's been really still though." I told him all about the finger and perch training and how you should never GRAB a bird.. he said sorry but now Storm wont even go near me! I tried to put my hand in his cage, and he is like for lack of a better word, "tweeking out" making little squeeks, and shaking out his feathers alot. frown Will he really just forgive and forget at such a young age?

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: illusive Fantasy] #410839 03/02/11 05:55 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Originally Posted By: illusive Fantasy
I dont think even Cappys tail would fit in that box now...wow.

Edited had to come back an say moulting already with all those stripes still on his head ...wow well just be sure to give extra protein in the diet during moults they really need a LOT of protein during MAJOR moults when tail and wing feathers begin to drop

I can only assume he's moulting.. Ive seen alot fo feathers come off him, like puffed up feathers, and his head and back are a little what looks like, ungroomed.. Maybe he just sheads fathers all the time since he's a baby? I'm not sure. Ive never owned a bird before. ^-^;;

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
levitation photo challenge
by EVA21SA - 10/31/20 07:40 AM
free will
by EVA21SA - 10/31/20 07:33 AM
Separating Two Parakeets
by Min - 10/28/20 05:51 PM
Please help
by Faeed - 10/27/20 03:23 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site