LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410751 03/01/11 08:19 PM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
I couldn't delete it but I edited it.

Last edited by Kimberly1985; 03/01/11 11:26 PM.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410756 03/01/11 09:03 PM
C
Connor G Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
C
He said he is 19....

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410760 03/01/11 11:25 PM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
Illusive, I'm just gonna delete that post because after I reread it, I could see how it would turn people away from your advice. And that was not what I intended to do. I read the whole thread about how you advised him and he didn't listen. And the bird was injured. I just wish parents would understand and research before they let their children have pets that are not traditional. Then, they would be able to make a better decision. SORRY for the way I worded it. I truly am.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410762 03/01/11 11:37 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
thanks and i took care of the one i did also lol...less said the better..thank you again ..apology accepted.

now the poor kid is having problems getting medical attention as well because the father does not want to spend the money where the bird was initially cheap to buy ... an you see that a lot in here ..easy to replace way cheaper than a vet yada yada...they are considered lil throw away birds in essence by too many and the thought of vet bills never seem to enter their minds that they will eventually need to save for those times...we all feel the same ..well the majority of us that it isnt right, but again this for the most comes from irresponsible breeding, and there are too many of them...

if folks, and this is just MY opinion would seek out breeders only...to make their purchases the pet stores would not then see a fast turn over to make a buck on these lil ones and not continue to see them an then you would NEED to find a BREEDER...you dont find many of the larger more expensive birds in lil pet shops the cost is prohibitive to them to keep the larger ones...the same needs to be done with these guys...

dont let your birds breed...because this can happen to one of your own birds which you give away...etc...there is already tooo many of them making them DISPOSABLE.

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 03/01/11 11:45 PM.
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410763 03/01/11 11:55 PM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
No breeding for Cheeko. Unless I get him a friend that I think is a boy and turns out to be a girl. That would be the only way. I don't even know if I want to take that chance.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410769 03/02/11 12:50 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
you dont know when getting babies if they are boys or girls till they mature...which is at least 7 mos. of age and stripes are gone from their heads....he doesnt need a friend he has you THATS his BEST FRIEND...the one that feeds him and keeps him clean and gives him play time..

and even if you were to get another be sure to also have another cage TO KEEP IT IN for two reasons ...one for quarantine and one in case it is the opposite sex...to keep it in ..THATS the only way to prevent breeding and there are ways to prevent egg laying and avoid those life threatening disasters...there was a thread in here earlier this week where i believe the female ended up dying trying to pass a egg she got out but not all the way.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410772 03/02/11 01:29 AM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
>.< wow this topic changed. and no, thats not his cage anymore smile I got a bigger one as soon as I could, that one was waay to small for him. And no, Storm doesnt come out on his own, I ahve to take him out on my finger. I guess he does need more time smile thank you.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410773 03/02/11 01:37 AM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
I remember reading that thread, I wasn't sure what had happened. That's awful. I'm still hoping Cheeko turns out to be male because of this. (not saying that having a girl is bad, just a little more risky) I know you can't tell until then if they are a boy or girl. I really hadn't gave much thought to getting another. One's plenty for now at least. I want him to bond with me, not another bird. If I decided to get one which is unlikely, I would def. quarantine any new additions. I learned that from one of your posts. But thanks all the same.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410775 03/02/11 01:53 AM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
Sorry Bambi that we got off topic on your thread. Great to hear that Storm has a bigger cage. Storm situation sounds a lot like Cheeko's. It'll be fun to see how these guys first flight with wings turn out. Can't wait. smile

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410795 03/02/11 04:18 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
well they will still have a few crash and burns they all do ..and it hard not to rush over to the rescue but instead let them figure it out after they clear the cobwebs and the room stops spinning giggle...but it doesnt take long for all the fun and enjoyment to begin as long as all the necessary safe steps are taken too and make sure their outings remain safe for them..

like no standing water anywhere toilet seats are down , doors are locked ..just in case...no burners on with a stove, ceiling fans turned off, mirrors covered...giggle ..its a routing you get into before ever opening the door all this child/birdie proofing ...oh and i keep forgeting too that you need to make sure if you have houseplants they are not toxic to the bird...

luckily i didnt have to get rid of any of mine an he has a favorite he loves to fly to and sit in occasionally...its so big i have to look for him in it and wait to follow his chirps to see him...and the first time my rascal did this and i couldnt find him OMG.

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 03/02/11 04:21 AM.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
levitation photo challenge
by EVA21SA - 10/31/20 07:40 AM
free will
by EVA21SA - 10/31/20 07:33 AM
Separating Two Parakeets
by Min - 10/28/20 05:51 PM
Please help
by Faeed - 10/27/20 03:23 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site