Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
I think I really messed up here.. :( #410710 03/01/11 02:07 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Okay, My name is Bambi, and this is my first time owning a bird. I have a blue budgie named Storm, and he was hand trained as a baby, so he learned the perch training very easily. He will sit with me on my finger, or near me on his toy. I play bird sounds for him and he chirps back smile its adorable because he's just a baby. Anyway, lately when he sits with me, even for just a minute, he tries to fly away.. the petstore clipped his wings, so he really cant fly, he just ends up falling, and then chirping loudly and angrily. I just put him back in his cage till he calms down hoping he will realize that if he continues to try to fly, he will hurt himself. But as soon as I put him back in his cage, he starts chirping and sort of what sounds like a little squeek,like he wants to come back out. frown I don't know what to do! I don't want him to be hurt! How can i get him to just stay with me and not try to fly into things? I'm honestly concerned for his well-being. I take him out at LEAST 8 times a day, and I feed him, he has his millet spray. He loves music and other bird sounds, but nothing seems to be working, can anyone help me? Thank you!

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410711 03/01/11 02:13 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
also, the toy that he sits on all the time, its like a birdie playground smile its cute, just thought I would add that in there

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410713 03/01/11 02:46 PM
lovemykeets_2 Offline
Companion
Companion
Hi Bambi. I also have a baby named Storm. Mine is a girl. Yours is very pretty. I named her Storm because she has a design on her chest that looks like a storm cloud. I am a novice too, but i would just give him some time. his feathers will grow back very fast and he will be flying around in no time.May I ask where in upstate NY? I also live upstate NY.

wing man
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410715 03/01/11 02:58 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Hi there! Im glad someone responded to my post laugh I'm from upstate NY but im on the island now, mostly suffolk county. it asked me where I was from *haha* not where i am now >.< guess I missed that one. I named my storm because of his coloring. Yours is beautiful. I love the coloring!

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410716 03/01/11 03:00 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
And it's not that I don't want him to fly. Eventually of course I want him to be a "bird" and fly around. It's just i'm scared to take him out now because I'm scared he'll hurt himself frown He is trained to sit and stay on my fingers, shoulder, and other people's fingers, he's very social when he wants to be. But lately he's just been flying and falling like crazy.. I honestly dont know what to do. The hardest thing he ever hits is the floor, or he gets into somewhere where he cant get out. frown

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410717 03/01/11 03:02 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
bambi over in the right hand column of the page here click on all those other threads as i believe there are two of them that address your problem ..just be sure to read from first to last post about this in them

pretty bird too...very pretty

how old are you

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 03/01/11 03:03 PM.
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410718 03/01/11 03:06 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
best not to let him thump to the floor internal brusing at the very least can hurt him or worse internal injury

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410719 03/01/11 03:08 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
I am 19. And thank you smile I have been reading your threads, I was hoping you would answer my question. I just called the pet store I got him from. He said I should HOLD HIM not just perch him on my finger.. its an aviary pet store, they have alot of exotic birds, but i remember in yous posts you said not to hold them, thats not a good way to train them. but i have been reading your threads, I probably just didnt get to the one that addressed my problem. frown sorry for missing it. would you mind still giving me advice on my thread?

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410721 03/01/11 03:15 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
If you dont mind? I understand if you're busy Illusive, you must answer about 1000 posts a day smile

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410722 03/01/11 03:16 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
which thread was it by the way?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
NEW YEARS WISHES
by EVA21SA - 10/15/20 07:51 PM
The "Beloved Disciple" - Was Not Mary Magdalene
by EVA21SA - 10/10/20 07:50 AM
nike air max2 light blanche
by yj80m3rx - 10/10/20 06:53 AM
nike air max2 light schwarz
by yj80m3rx - 10/10/20 06:42 AM
Frankie is sick again
by Tally - 09/28/20 09:13 PM
The Hand and The Knife
by EVA21SA - 09/18/20 07:00 PM
if I'm awake early, at least I've got some pals
by EVA21SA - 09/18/20 06:41 PM
What does this dream mean?
by EVA21SA - 09/17/20 07:32 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site