Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
I think I really messed up here.. :( #410710 03/01/11 02:07 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Okay, My name is Bambi, and this is my first time owning a bird. I have a blue budgie named Storm, and he was hand trained as a baby, so he learned the perch training very easily. He will sit with me on my finger, or near me on his toy. I play bird sounds for him and he chirps back smile its adorable because he's just a baby. Anyway, lately when he sits with me, even for just a minute, he tries to fly away.. the petstore clipped his wings, so he really cant fly, he just ends up falling, and then chirping loudly and angrily. I just put him back in his cage till he calms down hoping he will realize that if he continues to try to fly, he will hurt himself. But as soon as I put him back in his cage, he starts chirping and sort of what sounds like a little squeek,like he wants to come back out. frown I don't know what to do! I don't want him to be hurt! How can i get him to just stay with me and not try to fly into things? I'm honestly concerned for his well-being. I take him out at LEAST 8 times a day, and I feed him, he has his millet spray. He loves music and other bird sounds, but nothing seems to be working, can anyone help me? Thank you!

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410711 03/01/11 02:13 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
also, the toy that he sits on all the time, its like a birdie playground smile its cute, just thought I would add that in there

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410713 03/01/11 02:46 PM
lovemykeets_2 Offline
Companion
Companion
Hi Bambi. I also have a baby named Storm. Mine is a girl. Yours is very pretty. I named her Storm because she has a design on her chest that looks like a storm cloud. I am a novice too, but i would just give him some time. his feathers will grow back very fast and he will be flying around in no time.May I ask where in upstate NY? I also live upstate NY.

wing man
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410715 03/01/11 02:58 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Hi there! Im glad someone responded to my post laugh I'm from upstate NY but im on the island now, mostly suffolk county. it asked me where I was from *haha* not where i am now >.< guess I missed that one. I named my storm because of his coloring. Yours is beautiful. I love the coloring!

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410716 03/01/11 03:00 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
And it's not that I don't want him to fly. Eventually of course I want him to be a "bird" and fly around. It's just i'm scared to take him out now because I'm scared he'll hurt himself frown He is trained to sit and stay on my fingers, shoulder, and other people's fingers, he's very social when he wants to be. But lately he's just been flying and falling like crazy.. I honestly dont know what to do. The hardest thing he ever hits is the floor, or he gets into somewhere where he cant get out. frown

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410717 03/01/11 03:02 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
bambi over in the right hand column of the page here click on all those other threads as i believe there are two of them that address your problem ..just be sure to read from first to last post about this in them

pretty bird too...very pretty

how old are you

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 03/01/11 03:03 PM.
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410718 03/01/11 03:06 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
best not to let him thump to the floor internal brusing at the very least can hurt him or worse internal injury

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410719 03/01/11 03:08 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
I am 19. And thank you smile I have been reading your threads, I was hoping you would answer my question. I just called the pet store I got him from. He said I should HOLD HIM not just perch him on my finger.. its an aviary pet store, they have alot of exotic birds, but i remember in yous posts you said not to hold them, thats not a good way to train them. but i have been reading your threads, I probably just didnt get to the one that addressed my problem. frown sorry for missing it. would you mind still giving me advice on my thread?

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410721 03/01/11 03:15 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
If you dont mind? I understand if you're busy Illusive, you must answer about 1000 posts a day smile

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410722 03/01/11 03:16 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
which thread was it by the way?

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: illusive Fantasy] #410723 03/01/11 03:28 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
But, How can I do that without locking him in his cage? I don't think I should keep him from comming out, he'll never bond to me that way frown

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410724 03/01/11 03:31 PM
T
Toony Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
T
Hello Bambi, i just wanted to add that your never supposed to HOLD a budgie unless you trained them to let you hold them and that is hard. No budgie wants to get used to grabbing

I'll miss you guys
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410726 03/01/11 03:34 PM
T
Toony Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
T
Dont worry Bambi, if the floor is clean then just put him there and play on the floor. Cover all windows and mirrors. That should stop him from flying a bit. If he DOES fly let him, he's taking his flying lessons! Just make sure mirrows, windows, and anything that he might fly into, are covered

I'll miss you guys
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410728 03/01/11 03:35 PM
T
Toony Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
T
A thread that Illusive gave advice was called Making progress...yah!

There is another one called I really need help with my budgies
Start from the 6th page

Last edited by Toony; 03/01/11 03:40 PM.

I'll miss you guys
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410733 03/01/11 03:50 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Oh okay thank you! And I read all of the i need help with ym budgies thread, the kid you guys were responding to, kind of went off topic with what I had. I'm in the middle of the prgress one.. but all birds are different, so I was hoping people would start responding on my thread. So, are you saying I can just let him fly and leave him on the floor? that's really okay? his wings are clipped frown unfortuneately it was a mandatory thing at the petstore, so he cant fly. Does that mean I should put his cage lower? don't birds like being at the highest point of the room? They dont like the floor. I called the pet store, and he said that I should come in tomorrow to learn how to handle my birdie properly, I'm pretty sure he's going to show me how to HOLD him.. but everyone is saying i shouldnt hold him.. Im so confused >.<

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410735 03/01/11 03:54 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
I just finished the making progress.. yah! thread frown everything that is in that thread the petstore owner said not to do, he said to keep the "lower" perch or in this case his jungle gym, at the highest point in the room not the lower part.. I dont know what to do guys! I'm getting alot of mixed advice here >.<

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410736 03/01/11 04:07 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
whats your common sense tell you to do....i posted two reasons not to let bird out...its up to you now...good luck

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: illusive Fantasy] #410737 03/01/11 04:20 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
because of internal bruising and injury? so, im just supposed to keep him locked up? how does that help the bonding process?

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410740 03/01/11 04:33 PM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
Bambi Eyes, Illusive was giving me advice because Cheeko was landing hard. Does your bird come out on it's own? That might also be a difference. Cheeko doesn't come out on his own. I have to take him out using my finger as a perch. If you feel that he could injure himself, 2 weeks isn't that long. Trust me, I hate the idea of not letting Cheeko out because I really enjoy it. But if you're worried about bonding, you can still talk to him/her and you can still do finger/perch training. That's the way you got him to trust you so he'll probably enjoy this time. I don't recommend "holding" your bird unless it's a must. Petstores aren't always the best place for advice. More than likely they don't even own a bird and they're going by what they learned on training day. I trust bird owners over an employee of a petstore any day. And as for the cage, as long as it's just 2-4 feet off the ground, you shouldn't have to lower it. Birds do like being at a high point when they feel secure but if he's unsure about flying, (due to no fault of his own or yours...his wings are clipped just like Cheekos) he doesn't need to be too high up when he's out. I think the best rule of thumb about the cage is, if he can return to his cage on his own, the cage's location is fine. And when the couple weeks are up, I will start Cheeko back out in the floor. You could put the playground on the floor and he can hang out there. I'm gonna use my child's wheel barrel, (like the picture) so he isn't sitting directly on the floor but he will be low enough to feel safe in case he wants to fly. Also, remember birds are naturally curious, they're not gonna want to sit on your hand the whole time he's out. He will fly off a lot. He's gonna want to explore his surroundings.

Just noticed...is that Storm's cage in the back of the picture on top of the fridge? If so, you definitely need to invest in a stand or an end table or something. The fridge gives off heat and it may get too warm for him. Plus bird poop near your food source is kind of weird. Also, maybe you should start saving up for him a bigger cage...that's the size Cheeko was in a for a month. I understand everyone doesn't have tons of money to spend on their bird. I'm not saying you should, I'm just suggesting. Cheeko had one similar in size to that one I got Petsmart for 29.99, the one he has now is almost twice the size for around 50. The links are below; Maybe that can give you a better idea of what I mean.

Cheeko's new cage:

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb342/pigtoes1985/SANY1081.jpg

His old one:

http://pet.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pPETS-8203046r200.jpg

Hope all this helped. How long have you had Storm? Just curious.

Last edited by Kimberly1985; 03/01/11 05:27 PM.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410746 03/01/11 07:55 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
Bambi if that is the cage it looks to me to be a older version cage and not powder coated which means the bird is subject to metal toxins and thats not good at all...i also asked before how old you were please?

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410751 03/01/11 08:19 PM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
I couldn't delete it but I edited it.

Last edited by Kimberly1985; 03/01/11 11:26 PM.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410756 03/01/11 09:03 PM
C
Connor G Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
C
He said he is 19....

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410760 03/01/11 11:25 PM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
Illusive, I'm just gonna delete that post because after I reread it, I could see how it would turn people away from your advice. And that was not what I intended to do. I read the whole thread about how you advised him and he didn't listen. And the bird was injured. I just wish parents would understand and research before they let their children have pets that are not traditional. Then, they would be able to make a better decision. SORRY for the way I worded it. I truly am.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410762 03/01/11 11:37 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
thanks and i took care of the one i did also lol...less said the better..thank you again ..apology accepted.

now the poor kid is having problems getting medical attention as well because the father does not want to spend the money where the bird was initially cheap to buy ... an you see that a lot in here ..easy to replace way cheaper than a vet yada yada...they are considered lil throw away birds in essence by too many and the thought of vet bills never seem to enter their minds that they will eventually need to save for those times...we all feel the same ..well the majority of us that it isnt right, but again this for the most comes from irresponsible breeding, and there are too many of them...

if folks, and this is just MY opinion would seek out breeders only...to make their purchases the pet stores would not then see a fast turn over to make a buck on these lil ones and not continue to see them an then you would NEED to find a BREEDER...you dont find many of the larger more expensive birds in lil pet shops the cost is prohibitive to them to keep the larger ones...the same needs to be done with these guys...

dont let your birds breed...because this can happen to one of your own birds which you give away...etc...there is already tooo many of them making them DISPOSABLE.

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 03/01/11 11:45 PM.
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410763 03/01/11 11:55 PM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
No breeding for Cheeko. Unless I get him a friend that I think is a boy and turns out to be a girl. That would be the only way. I don't even know if I want to take that chance.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410769 03/02/11 12:50 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
you dont know when getting babies if they are boys or girls till they mature...which is at least 7 mos. of age and stripes are gone from their heads....he doesnt need a friend he has you THATS his BEST FRIEND...the one that feeds him and keeps him clean and gives him play time..

and even if you were to get another be sure to also have another cage TO KEEP IT IN for two reasons ...one for quarantine and one in case it is the opposite sex...to keep it in ..THATS the only way to prevent breeding and there are ways to prevent egg laying and avoid those life threatening disasters...there was a thread in here earlier this week where i believe the female ended up dying trying to pass a egg she got out but not all the way.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410772 03/02/11 01:29 AM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
>.< wow this topic changed. and no, thats not his cage anymore smile I got a bigger one as soon as I could, that one was waay to small for him. And no, Storm doesnt come out on his own, I ahve to take him out on my finger. I guess he does need more time smile thank you.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410773 03/02/11 01:37 AM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
I remember reading that thread, I wasn't sure what had happened. That's awful. I'm still hoping Cheeko turns out to be male because of this. (not saying that having a girl is bad, just a little more risky) I know you can't tell until then if they are a boy or girl. I really hadn't gave much thought to getting another. One's plenty for now at least. I want him to bond with me, not another bird. If I decided to get one which is unlikely, I would def. quarantine any new additions. I learned that from one of your posts. But thanks all the same.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410775 03/02/11 01:53 AM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
Sorry Bambi that we got off topic on your thread. Great to hear that Storm has a bigger cage. Storm situation sounds a lot like Cheeko's. It'll be fun to see how these guys first flight with wings turn out. Can't wait. smile

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410795 03/02/11 04:18 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
well they will still have a few crash and burns they all do ..and it hard not to rush over to the rescue but instead let them figure it out after they clear the cobwebs and the room stops spinning giggle...but it doesnt take long for all the fun and enjoyment to begin as long as all the necessary safe steps are taken too and make sure their outings remain safe for them..

like no standing water anywhere toilet seats are down , doors are locked ..just in case...no burners on with a stove, ceiling fans turned off, mirrors covered...giggle ..its a routing you get into before ever opening the door all this child/birdie proofing ...oh and i keep forgeting too that you need to make sure if you have houseplants they are not toxic to the bird...

luckily i didnt have to get rid of any of mine an he has a favorite he loves to fly to and sit in occasionally...its so big i have to look for him in it and wait to follow his chirps to see him...and the first time my rascal did this and i couldnt find him OMG.

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 03/02/11 04:21 AM.
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410810 03/02/11 12:10 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
awww smile and Kimberly, you're so right! I cant wait to see both Storm and Cheeko take off! I want him to be a bird, just like you want yours too! (I read your thread as well) And Illusive, I have to admit, I did run to him just because he starts like yelling, and doesnt stop till I come get him, I guess he needs a little tough love and he'll figure it out on his own? *haha anyway, thanks for all the advice. I appriciate you guys taking your time and writing on the thread laugh I'm going back to the petstore today to get him some stuff, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410812 03/02/11 12:16 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Oh! Also, Illusive, I saw on the "I really need help with my budgies" thred that you mentioned something about traveling with the bird, what is the best way to do that if its cold outside? He came in a little box, but I think I threw it away, I didnt think that was a suitable form of transportation, I can really just transport him in his cage? what if It's cold outside? Its actually 31 degrees right now. frown how would I solve that problem?

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: Connor G] #410813 03/02/11 01:43 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
I'm a she >.<

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410814 03/02/11 01:49 PM
lovemykeets_2 Offline
Companion
Companion
I live in chemung county, in south west ny. not too far from PA.
That is why i names my Storm. that is too cool. she is my baby. i wish i could get her to come out of the cage. my Cheekers will. he is finger trained and loves to fly around the house.

wing man
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: lovemykeets_2] #410815 03/02/11 01:51 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Originally Posted By: lovemykeets_2
I live in chemung county, in south west ny. not too far from PA.
That is why i names my Storm. that is too cool. she is my baby. i wish i could get her to come out of the cage. my Cheekers will. he is finger trained and loves to fly around the house.

Aww thats soo cute laugh I cant wait till my baby gets his flights back!! I want him to fly around! He's molting now, so it shouldn't be too long.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410833 03/02/11 05:05 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
you dont travel with the bird just for the heck of it only to vet check ups ...as long as the car is preheated already just cover cage well and do as mentioned ..remove things from the cage temporarily in case they start to freak out a bit...if they do you simple lift the cover a bit and let them see you and talk softly till the bird gets calm...so also in a situation like going to a vet you would want to leave a little extra window time in case you do need to stop and calm the lil one down before getting going again.

they all generally tend to ride well tho...and you would never get him back into that little box...i saved the one Cappy came home in too and every now and again i laugh at it when i see it...like...was he really THAT SMALL.

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 03/02/11 05:07 PM.
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410835 03/02/11 05:43 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
LOL I threw mine away. I was like, "are they serious?" When they put him in that little box I was very sad, I mean he fit because he was so small, but i got him in his cage as soon as I got home. I said "here ya go, get outta that little box smile " and he hopped out right into his cage LOL

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410836 03/02/11 05:48 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
I dont think even Cappys tail would fit in that box now...wow.

Edited had to come back an say moulting already with all those stripes still on his head ...wow well just be sure to give extra protein in the diet during moults they really need a LOT of protein during MAJOR moults when tail and wing feathers begin to drop

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 03/02/11 05:52 PM.
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410838 03/02/11 05:53 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Haha! Yeah, my little Storm got a little bit bigger as well since I bought him. OH MY GOD! BY the way.. I think you mentioned this one some of your other threads, but my sister just RUINED everything!! she grabbed him! and held him in her hand!! she was like patting his head, and my boyfriend was watching them! I came home and I was like "BRAD? WHY DID you let her take him out?!" and he said: "well he wanted to come out, and she wanted to playw ith him. he's been really still though." I told him all about the finger and perch training and how you should never GRAB a bird.. he said sorry but now Storm wont even go near me! I tried to put my hand in his cage, and he is like for lack of a better word, "tweeking out" making little squeeks, and shaking out his feathers alot. frown Will he really just forgive and forget at such a young age?

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: illusive Fantasy] #410839 03/02/11 05:55 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Originally Posted By: illusive Fantasy
I dont think even Cappys tail would fit in that box now...wow.

Edited had to come back an say moulting already with all those stripes still on his head ...wow well just be sure to give extra protein in the diet during moults they really need a LOT of protein during MAJOR moults when tail and wing feathers begin to drop

I can only assume he's moulting.. Ive seen alot fo feathers come off him, like puffed up feathers, and his head and back are a little what looks like, ungroomed.. Maybe he just sheads fathers all the time since he's a baby? I'm not sure. Ive never owned a bird before. ^-^;;

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410841 03/02/11 06:00 PM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
Bambi, my husband's name is Brad too. LOL

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: Kimberly1985] #410842 03/02/11 06:03 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Hope yours is more responsible then mine!!! >.< I cant believe he just let her grab Storm!! Im fuming right now!

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410843 03/02/11 06:12 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
i dont blame ya for fuming cuz if that little girl held the bird to tight in just a matter of a minute the bird would suffocate as they need to be able to expand their chest when breathing...a lil bird is always HANDS OFF be sure to let them BOTH know...explain to them also what i just said..

your back at square one for sure...sorry about that...just keep working at it ...now the bird will learn you can trust all humans...and be very cautious ...which isnt so bad really just to bad to have happened like this ...

best educated anyone around that bird ...

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410845 03/02/11 06:25 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
greeeaaatt well, maybe now i can let him trust a;; of us, like you said.. we'll see. back to square one.. >.<

Last edited by BambiEyes; 03/02/11 06:28 PM.
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410846 03/02/11 07:08 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Hi Bambi, Just had to say how CUTE your little Storm is. All those stripes on his lil head..he must be quite young..still a baby smile
Do you know how old he is? They usually don't go thru a major molt til at least 4mos.
Then you will start to see bigger feathers being shed-like tail or wing feathers. You will probably even find some of those clipped flight feathers you are so anxiously awaiting to be replaced! lol
Most lose the little floofie feathers here and there at any time..it's not a major molt with just the floofies.

I see you were wondering about traveling and being able to use his cage for transportation? To the vet and whatnot? Didn't you say you used to have a smaller cage for Storm, and then you got a bigger one?
If so hang on the the smaller one for a travel/sick cage. How big was it?

I'd love to see a close up of that cute lil face of his. From your avi pic it looks like he has a pretty purplish cere..reminds me of my Levi's when he was a baby. If it is...I would guess that he's a boy smile Too early to tell of course..but that's what I get from ur avi pic.
He's gorgeous! And I think he will be ok, and back to trusting you in no time.
Darn sisters n husbands anyway huh? grrr!

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: kksuns] #410876 03/02/11 10:27 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Originally Posted By: kksuns
Hi Bambi, Just had to say how CUTE your little Storm is. All those stripes on his lil head..he must be quite young..still a baby smile
Do you know how old he is? They usually don't go thru a major molt til at least 4mos.
Then you will start to see bigger feathers being shed-like tail or wing feathers. You will probably even find some of those clipped flight feathers you are so anxiously awaiting to be replaced! lol
Most lose the little floofie feathers here and there at any time..it's not a major molt with just the floofies.

I see you were wondering about traveling and being able to use his cage for transportation? To the vet and whatnot? Didn't you say you used to have a smaller cage for Storm, and then you got a bigger one?
If so hang on the the smaller one for a travel/sick cage. How big was it?

I'd love to see a close up of that cute lil face of his. From your avi pic it looks like he has a pretty purplish cere..reminds me of my Levi's when he was a baby. If it is...I would guess that he's a boy smile Too early to tell of course..but that's what I get from ur avi pic.
He's gorgeous! And I think he will be ok, and back to trusting you in no time.
Darn sisters n husbands anyway huh? grrr!

Yeah he's jus a baby smile aww I didnt know the little foofies come out all the time thats so cute. yes, he has a bigger cage now but the smaller one had stuff in it, so i didnt know what to take out and whatnot, smile and ill try to get a closer pic for you laugh but it might take a while now that hes scared of me.. >.< yes.. darn children and husbands/ boyfriends... >.< thanks! ^_^ and yeah, its a purplish cere, hopefully its a boy. smile ive been saying pretty boy since i got him

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410878 03/02/11 10:32 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
time will tell if its a boy but not till around 7 - 8 months...

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410932 03/03/11 02:14 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
so he wont be looking for a mate then till about 7-8 months? frown No progress with him yet, he wont even come out of his cage... *sigh* I cant believe She did this, I feel so bad frown I dont want my little baby to be afraid of me..

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410934 03/03/11 02:28 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Also, since he's a baby, can I still give him veggies and things? or is he too young? what do your keets like to eat? and also, in most of your pictures, you guys dont have your cages really really high up like mine, I was told birds love to be at the highest point in the room, but maybe I was told lies, how high up should the cages be?

Last edited by BambiEyes; 03/03/11 02:40 PM.
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410935 03/03/11 03:04 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Hi BambiEyes,
Stormy won't be "looking" for a mate even at 7-8mos. He doesn't NEED a mate. They don't mature til around that age, which is why it's hard to tell their gender til then. Their cere color can keep changing up until then, and then it will pretty much stay the same. Other than females will turn a crusty brown when they are in breeding mode. Males will stay basically blue..maybe sometimes a darker blue if they are feeling uhhhhh randy? LOL

You can start giving him veggies any time. In fact I would start now. A good starter is fresh broccoli..you can wedge a florett between cage bars, or chop of some of the seed like tips onto a plate or in a dish..or offer from fingertips if he will eat from your hand. Mine LOVE kale and it's very good for them. Clipped to side of cage..or for now even clipped to outside of cage where he can pick at it thru the bars-might not be as scary for him LOL I would try small pieces at first. BIG BAD VEGGIE MONSTER might eat me!!! ahhh! LOL
I've always thought the leafy part of celery is a good starter veg, even tho it's not nutritious, it has a nice fresh scent and taste and it's not scary. haha Like wedged between cage bars?
Chopped/grated carrots is another fav because they are sweet tasting and GOOD for them.
As for how high to put the cage. That's up to you..as long as it's safe and secure. They do say they like to be up high, but I think it depends on if they are used to it or not. My cage sits on a stand that is the height of a coffee table and they like it just fine. I like to be able to see and talk to them easily.
Of course if you have pets or young kids that might bother them if too low....go for high

BTW Stormy will come around again. Just be patient and do lots of sweet talking and in cage gentle hand training. Hold you hand in cage very still..what does he do?

Last edited by kksuns; 03/03/11 03:08 PM.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410937 03/03/11 03:20 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Well, Usually before the sister incident ((im so happy she doesnt live with me)) He used to just hop onto my hand and stay there, then he would let me take him out of the cage as he was perched on my hand, he also used to stay there untill recently when he stated flying around >,< but now when i put my hand in, he kind of moves away, so i leave it there, and he moves closer, touches it with one foot, as if to inspect my hand, and then he'll eathier just stare at it very intently with his head tilted, or he'll jump on it and off of it again. As soon as I move it though he hops back deep into his cage frown

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410939 03/03/11 03:25 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Also, the cage he was in in the pet store wasnt high up for him at all, but when i first got him, I was told to put him on top of my fridge.. I didnt think that was right, so I moved him immediately into my room. hes ontop of a 6 drawer tall dresser, but Im starting to think he wont come out on his own because the 6 drawer is too high for him, maybe i should move him again? Im not sure >.< I wont have anyone grab him again thats for sure! He hated it!! >.< Also, I did go back tot he pet store just to ask why he's flying into walls, he told me, that he wont stay with me because of how ive been handeling him, he's been getting bad habits and i need to show him im the boss, he said that i should HOLD him in my hand and pat his head while im watching TV, then when its a commericial, and practice the UP command, He did it with a keet he was holding, and it did what he told him, a baby keet! just like storm!! he also made him do this sort of headstand trick, which was really odd to see, but the way he was handeling the other keet, was the way they listened to him. He said that holding them will teach them that I'm the boss, and then they will listen. I do not agree with this at all, because then he's forced to listen from FEAR not trust or love. I g2g to work. I'll talk to everyone who repsonds later! Thank you for everything guys! let me know what you think. Also Kksuns, what about lettuce? do they like lettuce?

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410945 03/03/11 05:26 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
listen dont listen to who ever told you about grabbing...thats no. 1...just go and keep doing what your doing by putting your hand in cage and not even near him at first you want to move your hand toward him really slow so get comfortable when doing all this and when he does step on your hand DONT MOVE IT lol...let him sit for however long he wants too and when he moves say gooood boy excitedly and then take your hand out again ...end of lesson time till later in the day and repeat the steps...dont go after him again when he steps or flies off...he did good with that so let him be after that...

there is no teaching a bird WHO IS THE BOSS...not like your dealing with a horse...even then you dont do something like that ...your right TRUST is everything right now for the many months ahead will be alllll training of trust so start your ground work slow and easy...

on top of fridge was also not a good idea in fact anywhere in a kitchen is not a good place for a cage to be honest...once you figure out a spot to put the cage leave it dont keep changing it around....he needs to get use to the surroundings also...

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410954 03/03/11 06:44 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Show him who's boss?! grrr! That is just sooo wrong.
People just plain baffle me sometimes. *sigh

Just go by what illusive said above. TRUST is the main thing, and with a solid foundation of TRUST rather than FEAR Stormy will be friendlier and LOVE you, not fear you. Once that trust is there they learn soo quickly and willingly.

Oh, lettuce? They like lettuce, but it really has no nutrition in it. If you feed lettuce at all make it Romaine or Green Leaf. The Iceberg lettuce is the worst and mostly just water..causes runny poops.
Mine do get romaine or green leaf sometimes, they like it AND they LOVE their lettuce baths on it. LOL They love to rub and climb all over a nice big piece of dripping wet lettuce clipped to the side of cage. And they also have to have a piece in their bath or they won't get in. Kooky kids! lol

A couple more good greens are Beet greens-which are hard to come by esp if ya don't like fresh beets! haha A few of us here have discussed this and sorry to admit, but we kind of pinch a few beet greens off the beets at the store and sneak em in with other produce we're buying...like kale or lettuce or whatever? shhhh Don't tell! Beet greens are VERY good for them
And if you can find dandelion greens at the store they are VERY good also. Probably not a good time of year for them tho. My 2 like both of those greens.

Wash and rinse all produce very well. 50/50 apple cider vinegar/water works well for a veggie wash. Soak swish n rub... Rinse
Organic is best if you can get it

Last edited by kksuns; 03/03/11 06:53 PM.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410959 03/03/11 07:55 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
dang sneaky beet leaves how they just jumped into your veggie bags giggle

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410996 03/04/11 01:33 AM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
hahaha cool. Thanks you guys! I'll keep on trying with Storm. I won't grab him. EVER! I'll keep you all updated, and start putting some fresh veggies in his cage laugh thanks!

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #410998 03/04/11 02:14 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
welllllllll never say ever never giggle...there are those extreme rare cases where holding a keet or any bird is warranted...usually for any type of health related medical reason...orrrr in a situation like what my pinhead did to me when he first came home with me and was placed into his new home and proceeded to then try to commit serious bodily harm to himself ....repeatedly ever few minutes after id rescue him till i got the situation under control...sighhhh crazy

so there are those rare occasions when its ok...but not just to hold them like a stuffed animal.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411045 03/04/11 02:39 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
wow really? Odd... >.< Im glad hes okay now! Anyway, I made a bit of Progress with Storm, he now stays on my hand, just kind of sits there then he'll tilt his head and Jump off. He also perches on my finger, so thats good. smile I think he's starting to trust me again!

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411047 03/04/11 05:22 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Also what does it mean when he well, Squeeks? He'll let out a little what sounds like a squeek.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411050 03/04/11 06:20 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Yay! Really good to hear Storm is making progress already.I bet you're relieved. Don'tcha just love the little head tilt? awwww

Squeak? Welll I guess it just means he's making a little squeak! LOL He is still just a baby and they do make lil squeaks sometimes.
All is well.

He's not like...squeaking as he breathes or anything like that right?
He's just letting out a little peep squeak now and then?

One of Levi's first things he imitated was a dog squeaky toy. LOL I'd swear I heard the toy in the living room, but our dog wasn't even inside. Then I realized it was Levi sounding like the squeaky toys!
Yes, we played with Abbey with her squeakers allll the time in the livingroom in front of Levi. If I remember right he did that even before he started talking..which was about 1mo after I got him.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411051 03/04/11 06:42 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
No its not a squeek after he breathes its just a little squeek, at like random times, i guess he's just bored.. I want to take him out again, but i'm being paitent, I dont want him flying around again.. or running away from me

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411054 03/04/11 07:38 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
I kept the cage open, and he came out, now he's flying around but he's still afraid of me I think.. what should I do?

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411055 03/04/11 07:48 PM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
See if he'll come to your hand when he lands, and put him back in his cage. If he's afraid of you, this could take lots of time. That's why he's not supposed to come out if he's afraid. So leave the cage closed until he is less scared. I'm sorry about the bf and sister incident. I'd be so ticked off that all the work you put into it went down the drain. Hope it works out.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411056 03/04/11 07:52 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
thanks kim. frown but why did he come out if hes still afraid? now hes just sitting on his toy, just staring at me, he lets me pet him though.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411057 03/04/11 08:07 PM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
When you said, "He's flying around". Is he doing this for fun or to get away from you? He might not be afraid to be out but may be afraid of you. Cheeko isn't afraid of me but is afraid of coming out. LOL He could be too scared to do anything about you petting him but then again, he might not be scared of you at all. He may be just afraid someone might "grab" him again. This is all guessing though. Does he fly away when you come close to him? Does he come to you when you get close and put out your hand/finger? Cheeko will fly and have his fun and then when I get close enough, he'll hop on my hand. Is he flying better? Only time will tell, Bambi.

Last edited by Kimberly1985; 03/04/11 08:12 PM.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411058 03/04/11 08:34 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
No, come to think of it, he doesnt fly AWAY from me.. he just kind of flies, like he'll fly off my hand, but he will stay there, I dont think he's afraid of me, maybe hes just flying for fun? because he'll come right to me now no problem..

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411059 03/04/11 08:36 PM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
All is good then.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411069 03/04/11 09:43 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
;D YAY!! Little storm just sat with me and watched me draw for two whole hours!! then he started flying twords his cage, so i put him back, I'll take him back out a little later..I'm so happy Im almost in tears! He even tiled his head a bit when I asked him "what do you think?" lol it was so cute! I love his head tilt!! laugh

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411070 03/04/11 09:52 PM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
Sounds great!

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411072 03/04/11 10:09 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
thank you!! laugh ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411075 03/04/11 11:19 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
all sounds well to me also if he will get on your hand when he is out...but yah they will fly away just for the fun of flying after all they are birds...if he wont come out on your hand tho dont try to make that happen ...just be glad he will again get back on your hand when out as this allows you to put him back in if you need too

once he gets pin feathers beginning a new moult dont be surprised if he dont let you pat/stroke him whatever...it will happen

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411113 03/05/11 03:49 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
okay smile thank you!! smile When will he moult? He's still just a baby..

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411114 03/05/11 04:12 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Also one more thing, does he imitate sounds yet? Because there's a grey parrot on the floor above me, and she does this kind of chickadee whistle, kind of sounds like FEEE bee FEE bee Fee bee, and Storm has been copying it... Can I start training him to talk already even though he's so young?

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411115 03/05/11 04:24 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
First molt is usually around 4-5 mos old.
Yesss you can start teaching him to talk now. In fact now is the PERFECT time because he isss still so young smile

LOL @ Storm imitating the parrot upstairs. He IS a little parrot afterall. haha

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411116 03/05/11 04:34 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
HAHAHA... true.. smile smile Im so happy. Him and I have been bonding so well, he hates veggies though.. wont even touch em. lol I've been telling him little phrases like good boy, and I love you, and whose my baby boy, and handsome birdie like over and over, I say them to him everyday smile And Now, for some reason, he leans over to my lips and kind of nudges his beak against me, what is he doing? Is that a kiss? shocked YAY! haha. He just started doing it after our bonding expiriance yesterday... But its consistant, I dont know what it is.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411119 03/05/11 05:36 PM
JeanneM Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Well, it's not exactly a kiss, but he will certainly learn the behavior if you teach him to do it after a certain cue. Careful not to let him injest human mouth bacteria though.

Budgies tend to get right up close and personal to the voice they are interested in copying. I think it's more the vibrations that help them get the sounds down right. He is VERY interested in learning your sounds. It's helping him get tighter with you, his flock. He wants to belong to you. Congratulations. I didn't get that from Chippy till a while later.

JeanneM
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411121 03/05/11 06:06 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Well I'd call it a kiss. LOL That's what Levi does when I ask for kisses. Either my lips or my nose. I had always said kiss kiss or can mommy have a kiss..and kissed him on the chest or rubbed noses and made the kissy noise.
I think he'll learn to talk best right up close and personal like that. They do go by vibrations.
Levi pretty much learned to talk on his own..he picked up things I said to him alll the time. 1st words were Whatcha doin? Apparently i said it ervery time I went near him or walked by his cage without even realizing it. Then one day he just said it and shocked us! After that it was things like aww i love you baby boy kiss kiss, how're you? The real shocker was the first time he landed on my shoulder while I was doing dishes and he said-"whatcha doin dishes gin?" rofl He was always landin on my shoulder while I was washing dishes and he'd say whatcha doin and i would answer doin dishes again. haha Now sometimes he'll ask me "Wanna do dishes?" (I sometimes get him before i do dishes and ask if he wants to do dishes crazy ) Noooooo not really LOL He loves to keep me company while doing dishes. In fact it's when we have our best conversations. smile

Anyway it's GREAT that it didn't take Storm long to get that bond back with you..and I think there is a VERY GOOD chance he's going to be a big ole blabber mouth talker smile

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411123 03/05/11 06:51 PM
T
Toony Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
T
I thought Levi was a no-hands budgie! Is he changing? Thats just too cute.

I'll miss you guys
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411125 03/05/11 07:47 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
LOL! Thanks guys! I'm really happy too! I cant wait to hear him speak!! laugh thats awesome about the "kiss" laugh

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411128 03/05/11 08:16 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
thats exactly what Cappy does when i know he is really interested in learning a new phrase or two is to lean on my lips and pick up the vibrations when i speak...again ...slowly and clearly...usually after he does that it isnt long before i hear the phrase repeated by him...and i know when he is getting frustrated with trying to learn it as THAT is a time when he will do his ACCCK AAACCCCK he tries so hard and garble comes out giggle

i dont worry about germs from the mouth at all...unless of course you yourself might be sick...i think that is highly exaggerate myself...and i wouldnt miss a chance to give kisses or let him nibbles at my nose or mouth...just not try climbing into my mouth when eating to beg...i draw the line there lol

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411134 03/05/11 09:18 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
LOL! he really did that? ahhahaa.. birds are so funny ^_^

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411137 03/05/11 09:52 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Yep, birds are funny and smart and wonderous!

Toony, It's Ziggy who doesn't like hands. Levi is my velcro bird. The 2 are like night and day..but they also came from complete different backgrounds.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411145 03/05/11 11:34 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
i enjoy hearing about the acrobatcis of some of the birds out there where Cappy doesnt do any of that ...use to have a keet years ago that would turn himself inside out and hang like that from the top of the cage

would litterally start out hanging upside down then put his head thru and between his legs twisting his legs up behind his back and stay like that while i would just cringe...he must of been double jointed

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411148 03/06/11 12:21 AM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
wow... flexible birdie.. ^_^ Storm can do sort of like a headstand thing, Ive only seen him do it twice. He does it when he wants my attention

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411166 03/06/11 03:26 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Hes been chatting alot lately, is it a bad thing if I keep giving him attention when he "akks awwks" like the screaming thing? He's learned that if he makes that sound ill go over to him... so, did i create a bad habit here? frown

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411167 03/06/11 04:09 PM
C
Connor G Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
C
Illusive my bird does the same thing except it is when he is clinging to the side of the cage! It is hilarious!

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411172 03/06/11 04:55 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
Connor ...your a strangeeeee kid giggle...skeered the heck outta me for a longggg time and the first time i saw it ...OMG i didnt know what the heck to think or what to do i thought he was stuck..and how am i gonna get him UNSTUCK ..that bird was my first as a kid.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411173 03/06/11 04:56 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
Bambi in a word "YES" just say lound HEY NO...CUT IT OUT or something like that but dont go to the cage...otherwise we can say your bird is training YOU giggle

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411176 03/06/11 05:52 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
LOL Yep Bambi, He's well on his way to training YOU. haha
If you keep going to him whenever he does that, you'll never get a moments peace.
Like illusive said- just tell him to chill out, mommy's busy or something like that from afar so he can hear you. Wait a while after he's stopped "yelling" THEN go to him and tell him you're done and he was a good boy for waiting.
They need to learn to entertain themselves...just like our kids.

Altho I must admit, I was NEVER good at just letting a baby cry. Drove me nuts and I didn't last long. LOL I'm a SUCKERRRR!!

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411180 03/06/11 07:33 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
aha bagged and tagged kk...your a spoiler giggle

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411182 03/06/11 09:04 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Bagged n tagged? Nah..you've always known i'm a softy, so there was no baggin. Nothin but MUSH..and I've admitted it more than once! haha
My name is Kelley and I AM a spoiler.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411184 03/06/11 09:16 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
you crack me up woman...now ME i wont EVER DO THAT!!!

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411185 03/06/11 10:05 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Oh nooooo not YOU. Cappy's not the least BIT spoiled! rofl Nope NOT Cappy!!!! No sireee!!!

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411187 03/06/11 10:27 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
LOL hahaha. yeah I guess so. I did that today, but he just got louder. I was cooking, and i yelled from the other room: Hey! no more noises!!" he stopped, but then he started litterally doing flips around his cage.. i didnt know what he was doing! Yeah.. I guess he is traning me.. boy thats obnoxious lol. Hopefully this behavior will be corrected! >.<

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411188 03/06/11 10:27 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Also, One more thing I noticed he does. He opens and closes his mouth alot.. no sound comes out but he just kind of clicks? I guess? what is that?

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411189 03/06/11 10:53 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
bambi all these things are normal that you are describing you need to just enjoy him...i know your like a new mother giggle and everything is a concern but unless he gets fluffed up and stays like that or his poops become very watery and stays like that or changes colors and he suddenly stops eating and such there really is nothing to worry about ...for the most

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411190 03/07/11 12:31 AM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Lol you're right Illusive.. Im just a little worried new mommy.. >.< Thanks smile I will enjoy him. I love him laugh

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411193 03/07/11 12:52 AM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
We were alll worried new mommy's at one point. Just like being a first time mom with a real baby! Every little thing is HUGE!!!
Been there smile
Hang in there and enjoy the ride Bambi, Stormy will be fine and live through it! LOL

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411194 03/07/11 12:54 AM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
We were alll worried new mommy's at one point. Just like being a first time mom with a real baby! Every little thing is HUGE!!!
Been there smile
Hang in there and enjoy the ride Bambi, Stormy will be fine and live through it! LOL

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411200 03/07/11 03:24 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
well thats good to hear becuz if you so worried all the time you dont really get to enjoy him...not the way you could...and they are little balls of comedy if you encourage them

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Separating Two Parakeets
by Min - 10/28/20 05:51 PM
Please help
by Faeed - 10/27/20 03:23 PM
NEW YEARS WISHES
by EVA21SA - 10/16/20 08:42 AM
The "Beloved Disciple" - Was Not Mary Magdalene
by EVA21SA - 10/10/20 07:50 AM
nike air max2 light blanche
by yj80m3rx - 10/10/20 06:53 AM
nike air max2 light schwarz
by yj80m3rx - 10/10/20 06:42 AM
Frankie is sick again
by Tally - 09/28/20 09:13 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site