LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411075 03/04/11 11:19 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
all sounds well to me also if he will get on your hand when he is out...but yah they will fly away just for the fun of flying after all they are birds...if he wont come out on your hand tho dont try to make that happen ...just be glad he will again get back on your hand when out as this allows you to put him back in if you need too

once he gets pin feathers beginning a new moult dont be surprised if he dont let you pat/stroke him whatever...it will happen

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411113 03/05/11 03:49 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
okay smile thank you!! smile When will he moult? He's still just a baby..

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411114 03/05/11 04:12 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Also one more thing, does he imitate sounds yet? Because there's a grey parrot on the floor above me, and she does this kind of chickadee whistle, kind of sounds like FEEE bee FEE bee Fee bee, and Storm has been copying it... Can I start training him to talk already even though he's so young?

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411115 03/05/11 04:24 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
First molt is usually around 4-5 mos old.
Yesss you can start teaching him to talk now. In fact now is the PERFECT time because he isss still so young smile

LOL @ Storm imitating the parrot upstairs. He IS a little parrot afterall. haha

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411116 03/05/11 04:34 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
HAHAHA... true.. smile smile Im so happy. Him and I have been bonding so well, he hates veggies though.. wont even touch em. lol I've been telling him little phrases like good boy, and I love you, and whose my baby boy, and handsome birdie like over and over, I say them to him everyday smile And Now, for some reason, he leans over to my lips and kind of nudges his beak against me, what is he doing? Is that a kiss? shocked YAY! haha. He just started doing it after our bonding expiriance yesterday... But its consistant, I dont know what it is.

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411119 03/05/11 05:36 PM
JeanneM Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Well, it's not exactly a kiss, but he will certainly learn the behavior if you teach him to do it after a certain cue. Careful not to let him injest human mouth bacteria though.

Budgies tend to get right up close and personal to the voice they are interested in copying. I think it's more the vibrations that help them get the sounds down right. He is VERY interested in learning your sounds. It's helping him get tighter with you, his flock. He wants to belong to you. Congratulations. I didn't get that from Chippy till a while later.

JeanneM
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411121 03/05/11 06:06 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Well I'd call it a kiss. LOL That's what Levi does when I ask for kisses. Either my lips or my nose. I had always said kiss kiss or can mommy have a kiss..and kissed him on the chest or rubbed noses and made the kissy noise.
I think he'll learn to talk best right up close and personal like that. They do go by vibrations.
Levi pretty much learned to talk on his own..he picked up things I said to him alll the time. 1st words were Whatcha doin? Apparently i said it ervery time I went near him or walked by his cage without even realizing it. Then one day he just said it and shocked us! After that it was things like aww i love you baby boy kiss kiss, how're you? The real shocker was the first time he landed on my shoulder while I was doing dishes and he said-"whatcha doin dishes gin?" rofl He was always landin on my shoulder while I was washing dishes and he'd say whatcha doin and i would answer doin dishes again. haha Now sometimes he'll ask me "Wanna do dishes?" (I sometimes get him before i do dishes and ask if he wants to do dishes crazy ) Noooooo not really LOL He loves to keep me company while doing dishes. In fact it's when we have our best conversations. smile

Anyway it's GREAT that it didn't take Storm long to get that bond back with you..and I think there is a VERY GOOD chance he's going to be a big ole blabber mouth talker smile

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411123 03/05/11 06:51 PM
T
Toony Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
T
I thought Levi was a no-hands budgie! Is he changing? Thats just too cute.

I'll miss you guys
Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411125 03/05/11 07:47 PM
BambiEyes Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
LOL! Thanks guys! I'm really happy too! I cant wait to hear him speak!! laugh thats awesome about the "kiss" laugh

Re: I think I really messed up here.. :( [Re: BambiEyes] #411128 03/05/11 08:16 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
thats exactly what Cappy does when i know he is really interested in learning a new phrase or two is to lean on my lips and pick up the vibrations when i speak...again ...slowly and clearly...usually after he does that it isnt long before i hear the phrase repeated by him...and i know when he is getting frustrated with trying to learn it as THAT is a time when he will do his ACCCK AAACCCCK he tries so hard and garble comes out giggle

i dont worry about germs from the mouth at all...unless of course you yourself might be sick...i think that is highly exaggerate myself...and i wouldnt miss a chance to give kisses or let him nibbles at my nose or mouth...just not try climbing into my mouth when eating to beg...i draw the line there lol

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Separating Two Parakeets
by Min - 10/28/20 05:51 PM
Please help
by Faeed - 10/27/20 03:23 PM
NEW YEARS WISHES
by EVA21SA - 10/16/20 08:42 AM
The "Beloved Disciple" - Was Not Mary Magdalene
by EVA21SA - 10/10/20 07:50 AM
nike air max2 light blanche
by yj80m3rx - 10/10/20 06:53 AM
nike air max2 light schwarz
by yj80m3rx - 10/10/20 06:42 AM
Frankie is sick again
by Tally - 09/28/20 09:13 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site