LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Re: The Official Chi-Chi thread. Please help. [Re: ZorkZork69] #407642 01/04/11 03:12 AM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Hey Zork, Where ya been??
Good to hear Chi-Chi has been well and being a sweety.
Orange spot on her head? Only thing i can think of is maybe the orange came from one of her toys..maybe it got wet during a bath or something and color rubbed off on her? We have a colored wooden dowel type swing that color rubs off from now and then. Or how about carrots? Carrots can stain sometimes too.

Re: The Official Chi-Chi thread. Please help. [Re: kksuns] #407649 01/04/11 04:42 AM
Z
ZorkZork69 Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Z
I have a purple grape cuttlestone that she seems to enjoy. Perhaps that is causing the change in her feather color? It looks really cool, but I just hope it's not hurting her or anything. She just took a bath today but it still remained.

Re: The Official Chi-Chi thread. Please help. [Re: ZorkZork69] #407654 01/04/11 05:32 AM
JeanneM Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Chippy will rub his head on the wheel of his plastic penguin. If that had been made with an orange dye like Kksuns was saying, he would certainly have an orange spot on his head every day. A bath would not necessarily reach that area.

JeanneM
Re: The Official Chi-Chi thread. Please help. [Re: JeanneM] #407778 01/05/11 11:18 PM
Z
ZorkZork69 Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Z
Now she has a slight orange tint on the end of her tail feather. I'm beginning to suspect that it is simply just her coloration. It looks really cool and I'm really liking it! I'll upload a picture if she ever stops moving. :P

My other small issue, now she enjoys playing in my hood when I am wearing a hoodie. Some times however, she plays a bit too rough and will accidentally bite me. HARD. She seems to have lost her senses as to what is a toy and what is a human. It's not a big issue, but it's big enough to get me annoyed. I don't yell at her ever or jerk my hand away because I know what it will do. She just plays a little rougher than before. She's still a sweetie though :P

Re: The Official Chi-Chi thread. Please help. [Re: ZorkZork69] #407787 01/06/11 12:41 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
when she plays rough ...distract her attention to something else...IMMEDIATELY...and say OUCH loud...if she continues to be a best and goes back to doing it...remove yourself ...from the situation...or return her to her cage for a bit.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Why in 2013 Abercromibie Fitch Jackets So Popular?
by Conrad John - 11/23/21 09:15 PM
What is Sustainable Leeather
by alishanathaniel - 11/21/21 11:21 PM
Assessing Your Local Tire Recycling Market
by allenlu - 11/15/21 08:21 AM
Xanax cod saturday delivery fedex
by Walgreens USA - 10/29/21 09:43 AM
Buy Modafinil 200mg Tablets Cash on Delivery
by modafinilxpills - 10/27/21 08:32 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site