LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Re: The Official Chi-Chi thread. Please help. [Re: ZorkZork69] #402348 06/14/10 06:29 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
Wellllllllll sounds like you got your little velcro bird..isnt it wonderful when its of their own free will they come and enjoy being with you...was nice not to rush her because now you have a bird that wants and enjoys sharing your time with you...soooooo wonderful..and to have a female so interactive in your activities is a special bonus...sounds like she has definetly bonded with you...she just had to be sure it was the right thing to do..

Interact with her playing with her toys too while she is out..so she likes to try to and knows she is safe doing that even if she isnt sitting with you.

Its a wonderful day when they finally come around...

Re: The Official Chi-Chi thread. Please help. [Re: ZorkZork69] #402479 06/18/10 03:42 AM
Z
ZorkZork69 Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Z
She has now transformed into a totally different bird. She is adorable, she is still deciding whether or not to come on my finger from her cage but she is putting a foot on and then taking it off... I have a little bit of trouble remembering that I have an inquisitive bird now who loves to fly around outside of her cage. I forget to close it often when I leave the house and she gets out because I usually left her cage open. Today I came home and she wasn't in her cage. Where was she? On top of a cereal box in the kitchen. Lmao... She gives me kisses on the nose and plays with my hair. She's is becoming better and better each day, thank you so much for your help people!

So it turns out what people have told me is true. Some birds take more time to tame while others take none. It took a year and a half, but she is finally tame laugh Now I'm going to try and help everyone else on here with what I have learned from you all.

Last edited by ZorkZork69; 06/18/10 04:00 AM.
Re: The Official Chi-Chi thread. Please help. [Re: ZorkZork69] #403731 08/05/10 04:23 AM
Z
ZorkZork69 Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Z
Chi-Chi will not SHUT UP!!! She woke me up this morning at an unusual time and she would not stop screeching and chirping. I even tried to cover her but she just kept screaming. She kept screaming for 30 minutes straight. I have been home a lotmore recently so she may not recall that I am sometimes not home. She really doesn't have a regular schedule. I cover her around 9:30pm and then uncover her around 12pm. Perhaps she just wants to be uncovered, I really don't know. Even when I had her uncovered she would not shut up. I give her fresh food every day and fresh water. So that is not the problem. What is going on with my bird? Whenever I leave the room she chirps and waits for a "Whistle/chirp" to come back from me.

Re: The Official Chi-Chi thread. Please help. [Re: ZorkZork69] #403732 08/05/10 05:53 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
by the sound of it you dont have her covered at nite as you say...

She woke me up this morning at an unusual time and she would not stop screeching and chirping. I even tried to cover her but she just kept screaming.

Implying that she was NOT covered to begin with...cover at night..get her onto a regular schedule...they need it ...they are just like outdoor birds with a schedule they should be having...

But THEN you say you DO cover at 9:30pm so which is it...if your doing that but not uncovering till noon what do you expect that 15HOURS of being covered. THATS too much...get on a schedule.

Re: The Official Chi-Chi thread. Please help. [Re: illusive Fantasy] #403742 08/06/10 10:27 PM
Z
ZorkZork69 Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Z
No..you misunderstand. I cover her at 9:30pm... I then uncover her as I wake up. I then covered her again after she kept on screaming. I would never leave her cage uncovered all night, it would keep her up. Okay good point. I will uncover her before 11am from now on.

What should I do when I am away for the night and day? Should I just leave her uncovered period or let her be covered for all of that time?

Last edited by ZorkZork69; 08/06/10 10:29 PM.
Re: The Official Chi-Chi thread. Please help. [Re: ZorkZork69] #403743 08/06/10 11:44 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
oh my gosh you being away does pose a problem huh...hmmm how would i handle that as thats something i need to consider here also in the future for a couple months and what i came up with for me is...i always have a low lite on so that will stay on for one thing...then i figured what id do is also keep a radio on low...so it wouldnt be such a dead silence...and i figured id cover the cage side to the light to dim the affect and HALF the cage so when he wakes up he can see out...not feel confined but thats the best so far that ive thought up on my end here...cause like i said im going to have to do that once in awhile for a couple of months very soon myself...and im leaving a fan on also in case it warms up somewhat but not so it blows directly onto the cage but its a occilating fan so it circulates the entire room

Re: The Official Chi-Chi thread. Please help. [Re: illusive Fantasy] #403747 08/07/10 03:57 AM
C
cyberbud Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
C
When we are away I use a timer for both the light and music. I set both so they go on just after sun up and off at dusk.

Just another way to go.

Kathy

"Many have forgotten this truth...You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
Re: The Official Chi-Chi thread. Please help. [Re: cyberbud] #403749 08/07/10 05:49 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
not a bad idea...im not worried about leaving the light on but yah thats a good idea ive forgotten all about for the radio for sure.

Re: The Official Chi-Chi thread. Please help. [Re: illusive Fantasy] #407635 01/04/11 02:59 AM
Z
ZorkZork69 Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Z
So, update! My Chi-Chi has been fine and sweet to me. We did have a mite scare but that was taken care off. Now, Chi-Chi seems to have some sort of orange spot on her head that wasn't there before. It's a very strange sight and I can't seem to find anything on it online anywhere. It's very strange and I was hoping someone here knew what it could be.

Re: The Official Chi-Chi thread. Please help. [Re: ZorkZork69] #407641 01/04/11 03:11 AM
T
Toony Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
T
a scar? budgies arent normally orange.. ooh i have this wonderfull idea!!! MAYBE you bought seeds that were too fresh and the dye was still sticky, he dropped the seeds in his water, and when he drank his water he got orange!

I'll miss you guys
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Why in 2013 Abercromibie Fitch Jackets So Popular?
by Conrad John - 11/23/21 09:15 PM
What is Sustainable Leeather
by alishanathaniel - 11/21/21 11:21 PM
Assessing Your Local Tire Recycling Market
by allenlu - 11/15/21 08:21 AM
Xanax cod saturday delivery fedex
by Walgreens USA - 10/29/21 09:43 AM
Buy Modafinil 200mg Tablets Cash on Delivery
by modafinilxpills - 10/27/21 08:32 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site