Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Female Dog Agression [Re: BLR] #406471 12/02/10 04:33 AM
Kumo Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
I'm going to try keeping her around me more often and if the other dogs are around watching more closely. I'm thinking she might be possessive and easily scared.

When she was a puppy we used to do that all the time. We would push her over gently and hold her there for a bit till she gave in. A family friend told us about that.

Thank you for your help! I've looked into the dog whisperer and I've been watching his videos. I'm learning a few new things, so thank you very much for that suggestion!

I don't want my dog medicated, so I'm not even going to go there. She doesn't need medication, it probably just has to do with me not noticing certain things that tick her off.

Re: Female Dog Agression [Re: BLR] #406476 12/02/10 11:38 AM
Mongrel Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
Sorry this post was meant for another thread. I have no idea how it wound up here. Cookie confusion crazy

Last edited by Mongrel; 12/02/10 05:13 PM.

"Nowadays, people know the price of everything, and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde
Re: Female Dog Agression [Re: Mongrel] #406477 12/02/10 11:42 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
what the heck geeeeeesh

Re: Female Dog Agression [Re: illusive Fantasy] #406479 12/02/10 01:21 PM
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
Kumo - dont push her over gently, take her down like you are grabbing a snake. Pushing her over gently does not send the message you are trying to send. She is probably expecting a tummy rub.

Re: Female Dog Agression [Re: BLR] #406481 12/02/10 04:33 PM
Kumo Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
I'm probably just going to have to get rid of her. She attacked my Corgi-Mix this morning for no reason, same ear she got before. I watched for anything that might have set her off and nothing, she just jumped up and went after him when he was more than two yards away.

Re: Female Dog Agression [Re: Kumo] #406484 12/02/10 08:23 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
how long have you had her...??? And i think it maybe a good idea where this is a daily aggression thing she is doing and causing injury to the others

Re: Female Dog Agression [Re: BLR] #406486 12/03/10 04:57 AM
Kumo Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
I've had her since she was a puppy, almost five years now. My mom is going to help me pay for obedience school and see if that works. If it doesn't then I guess I have to give her to a home where she's the only pet. I love her to death, but I have to think about my other dogs and my cat too.

Re: Female Dog Agression [Re: Kumo] #406487 12/03/10 05:07 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
hey obedience school is WONDERFUL...if you get someone who knows their stuff...what a GREAT IDEA...then you BOTH get lessons lol...im very happy about this for everyone's sake...WELL DONE WTG...doing a happy dance here for ya.

Re: Female Dog Agression [Re: illusive Fantasy] #406493 12/03/10 11:36 PM
Y
Yoshi Offline
Y
Hi kumo
I was reading and was just wondering the moment before she attacks does it seem like she almost stops breathing or a moment where she just stares at the others. when you say she bumps in to one of the others she is litterly challangeing them and i agree with some of the dog whisper but if you are using aggression to treat aggression then all you are doing is the same as her and that is being a bully. keeping a leash on he is good but that can have a negitive effect as well as with most dog showing her you are the pack leader is the best bet when you take her on walks she should never be in front of you she should calm even before the leash goes on. give her a challenge different games to get her mind working. when you feed her make her sit and wait even the other dogs this will show them all you are the leader if you have to act like your eating the food. involve all the dogs in this. The thing you have to remember is she is a dog not a person don't get mad don't get flustered all that is doing is showing her that you are weaker than her. if you think she is easly scared than she might have fear aggresion and with her not being spay she is trying to be the top female of the house. just remember if you give her away there is a chance she will be put down i work with a rescue group called labe4rescue and you don't under stand just how many dogs with aggresion issues are put to sleep every day and all they needed was just some consistent structure. i am not a dog trainer but have picked so much just from what i do for a living. also i understand when you say you are worried for your other animals just take it slow remember she has had 5 years to settle in to this state it will take some time to get her to where you might want her. Also giving her somewhere she can calm down away from everything might help lots of time outs every little snap remove her till she calmed down bring her back out and so on eventually she will start to see hey if i do this i get taken away from my family and praise her alot even if she is just laying down sleeping call her over and just say good girl she will respond to pleasent things more then to the negitive. hope this helps. They also sell basket muzzles to prevent her from harming the other animals in the house she will be able to drink but you will have to take it off so she can eat. this is only a temp solution

this come from having an aggressive Pitbull that hated dogs and now attends doggy daycare three days a week and has a chihuahua for a brother here he is with his brother not to mention 5 parakeets

Last edited by Yoshi; 12/04/10 12:17 AM.
Re: Female Dog Agression [Re: Yoshi] #406496 12/04/10 01:14 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
i still think the dog obedience school was a phenonminal idea as they can evaluate whats going on if its a health thing or a psycological thing whatever.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
The "Beloved Disciple" - Was Not Mary Magdalene
by latinkaone - 06/06/22 08:53 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site