Page 1 of 2 1 2
FLOODING FORUM #405709 10/28/10 07:22 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline OP
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
I wish and i know im not alone ...that a poster ANY poster could not make more than 3 new threads in two days apart ..as its getting ridiculous that there is a FLOODING of postings by the SAME person/persons, which buries others threads...and with new people makes it very difficult for them to find their comments...also wish the sections would contain only the material they are designated to be set up for not every other topic which also doesnt help.

I think its abusive and not very considerate to see ONE person/persons, FLOODING the forum with SEVERAL DIFFERENT THREADS IN ANY ONE DAY and should be limited to 3 new threads in 2 days per user...so as to try to prevent this as well as ...keeping certain sections designed to handle certain topics from having issues totally non related showing up in them.

again ..i know im not alone on this ...just alone on saying something about it...

when you look over to where it says...LATEST POSTS..you can see the obvious and previous threads get buried and need to be often BUMPED just so you can find them

anywhere from 4 to 8 new threads, by one person in a day, is a bit over the top...and right now even im looking at one poster who made 8 new threads burying anything that was previously there...and why does it even show in the "parakeet forum section"????

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 10/28/10 07:44 PM.
Re: FLOODING FORUM [Re: illusive Fantasy] #405714 10/28/10 11:20 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi smile

If any member breaks the rules, or if anyone is abusing the forum in any way, then an alert should be sent.

I haven't received any alerts about this ~ and they usually come through to me.

But limiting the number of valid posts that any menber can make could cause quite a few people problems, I think.

Anyway, I'll take a look and see if I can find out what is being referred to smile smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Re: FLOODING FORUM [Re: PDM] #405715 10/28/10 11:23 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Well, I have taken a look and I cannot see anything, so perhaps Lisa or Jilly removed the offending posts??

At present, the person with the highest number of posts is Illusive Fantasy, followed by kksuns, and then myself and Lisa.

Last edited by PDM; 10/28/10 11:37 PM.

Re: FLOODING FORUM [Re: PDM] #405725 10/29/10 02:42 AM
I
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
there were no offending persay post...just a abundance of one person doing many separate threads which buries other threads is what im referring to...

this happens alot ...not only with members but the admins..and threads get buried and in the latest post section you can not find the post relevant to the section your in...there are topics which show that should be seen in the proper areas for subjects more in tune to what the thread is about.

IE: RIGHT NOW...its posting of threads by you PDM..prior it was new threads by MW1...and none have anything to do with the keet section is all im trying to say...as a result ..the threads involving keets are buried and only way to get them back is to BUMP. Then prior post/threads would be easier for all to get back to...

just wish this was something that could be fixed ..and threads for keets...would show as the latest post for THAT section...romance FOR THAT SECTION ...general discussion for that...etc so on and so forth

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 10/29/10 02:59 AM.
Re: FLOODING FORUM [Re: illusive Fantasy] #405726 10/29/10 03:27 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Illusive Fantasy smile

There are several sections, so, yes, you are right, it won't always be the keet posts that are receiving most attention, so they won't always be top of the active list ~ but that's the same for all of the areas.

However, if you click on 'forum list', it will bring up the individual forums. That is probably the facility you are looking for.

But it isn't really fair to say that members are being 'abusive' or 'flooding the forum', just for posting. Everyone is entitled to respond to conversations. You are the highest poster, so your own posts might very often fit your description.

Some people may only come on once per week and reply to any and all threads that interest them. Others come on much more often and post several times each day.

I wouldn't feel too happy if the rules limited me to 2-3 posts within a 1-2 day period and I don't think that you would, either. It would prevent you from responding to other members' requests for help and me from joining in with the more general conversations.

Re: FLOODING FORUM [Re: PDM] #405727 10/29/10 04:23 AM
I
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
noooo im responding to threads already there not creating new ones...somehow your missing what im trying to say and thats a problem with me in how i word things sometimes and makes for confusion...when i answer a thread ALREADY THERE...im showing ****post****...im not making NEW THREADS..and swamping a area...and yes the way it is ...you have to click on the forum list to BUMP old threads back up in the latest post section...

im trying i guess to poorly say...i wish NEW THREADS would only show in their perspective areas...not referring to post or replies to THREADS already existing

geeeeeeesh i hope i explained it more clearly this time...right now under LATEST POST your showing 8 NEW THREADS...as a result ...the old post/**threads, get buried...im not talking under the section of TOP POSTERS

thanks for trying to figure out what im trying to say anyway.

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 10/29/10 04:31 AM.
Re: FLOODING FORUM [Re: PDM] #405733 10/29/10 01:25 PM
L
Love My Budgies Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
L
Originally Posted By: PDM

You are the highest poster, so your own posts might very often fit your description.

grin Thanks for the laugh PDM

Re: FLOODING FORUM [Re: Love My Budgies] #405737 10/29/10 01:45 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I'm just tryimg to sort this out as best I can smile

Re: FLOODING FORUM [Re: PDM] #405738 10/29/10 01:46 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: illusive Fantasy
noooo im responding to threads already there not creating new ones...somehow your missing what im trying to say ...

But, actually, none of those posts that I made ~ nor the ones made by MW1 ~ were new threads. They were all responses to existing posts, in threads that were already there. smile

Re: FLOODING FORUM [Re: Love My Budgies] #405739 10/29/10 02:27 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Originally Posted By: Love My Budgies
Originally Posted By: PDM

You are the highest poster, so your own posts might very often fit your description.

grin Thanks for the laugh PDM

That was SO uncalled for LMB.Way to show your true colors.. How very immature. In case you hadn't realized illusive has helped MANY new members here and has given sound advice all along. She happens to be a great asset to the keet forum with her knowledge and willingness to help those in need with sound advice...not JUST froo froo business. I don't know if you are just jealous, or what your problem is, but that last comment was just ridiculous.

As for the "forum flooding" she is referring to, I think I get what she is trying to say.
I personally don't know the ins and outs of running a forum or how to set things up, but it would be nice if each section was kept separate so that if you click on for instance Keets..or Romance..or whatever section on the left, ONLY the latest posts from THAT particular section would be seen on the right under Latest Posts.
There are times when someone has major concerns, health related, even life or death matters with their bird and their thread ends up getting buried by non keet stuff before anyone even has time to see it and respond.
I know I for one like to try to follow the progress of certain birds with health issues and I'll come back and hour later to see if the OP has responded yet and the thread is lost. There are some cases that if the member is a newbie, they don't know how to find their thread again.
Anyway, it would be nice to see separate areas kept separate, but I have no idea if that is even possible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
GARDEN FLOWERS
by ronyb - 02/24/21 12:51 PM
Yoga
by chandkumar3g - 02/04/21 02:58 PM
A Scanner Darkly!!
by EVA21SA - 02/01/21 09:45 AM
Policing
by EVA21SA - 01/31/21 08:28 AM
How many bullets?
by EVA21SA - 01/31/21 08:17 AM
Across the River is FREE
by EVA21SA - 01/29/21 09:04 AM
War and Fashion
by EVA21SA - 01/29/21 08:54 AM
Origami flower bouquets
by EVA21SA - 01/28/21 09:05 AM
NBA 2K21 unskippable ads"will probably be repaired
by Dingbest - 01/26/21 01:30 AM
So the jist of this ; Get CCB and recharge chaotic
by Dingbest - 01/26/21 01:29 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site