Print Thread
Feeling left out w/my parents? #404032 08/21/10 01:23 AM
L
Luvanimalsdearly Offline OP
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
L
Wow I have not been here for a long time. My keets and others are doing well. My brother is going to Sweden for his Masters. For the last week my parents have been busy w/his business w/no time to spend w/me. I know he'll be gone, but I just feel alone like they can't spend any time w/me because of my brother. I don't want to sound materialistic but their spending a lot of money on him outside of his graduation. I feel like their taking me for granted. Is this normal? Am I allowed to feel this way?

Re: Feeling left out w/my parents? [Re: Luvanimalsdearly] #404036 08/21/10 05:05 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Hi Luvanimalsdearly,
YES! It is completely NORMAL that you feel that way, and you are certainly allowed to feel any way you feel!
From a "parent's" perspective I can see how your parents are all engulfed in your brother's business right now. It's HUGE deal for parents when their kid goes off to college, and probably even more so since he will be so far away. They are PROUD of him and should be. Right now, with time for his leaving coming so close they probably feel like they should spend as much time as they can with him, and make sure everything is in order.
Your time will come and then it will be all about YOU. I'm sure they don't mean to make you feel they are taking you for granted. We parents love all our kids equally..REALLY WE DO!!! But there are times when one kid needs more of our time than another. It's just life ya know? As for the $$$ spent on him..we do all we can for each of you, depending on who needs what at any given time. We want to see each of you succeed and be all you can be, and do what we can to see that that happens.

Once he's off to college you'll probably end up getting more attention than you want from them!!
In the meantime, hang in there. Life will go back to normal before you know it smile And you will be back to thinking "I wish they would just LEAVE ME ALONE geeesh!" lol

But yes, what you are feeling is normal..chalk it up to sibling rivalry and maybe a wee bit of jealousy?? Again...such is life with siblings. Ain't they great??? LOL

Re: Feeling left out w/my parents? [Re: kksuns] #407966 01/12/11 12:39 AM
jilly Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I agree with Kksuns about it being a matter of time and place. This is your brother's time to shine, get the attention and kudos and gifties. It will likely pass soon enough and things will even out.

I do understand the frustration. My sister has a child and gets a lot of money for things that I do not. I can't really complain - it's her only grandkid. But I still feel in my private heart a tad left out at times. It is what it is. smile

Jilly
LisaShea.com Forum Moderator
Frugal Living Editor at BellaOnline.com
App owner - RunPee.com - to help you find the best movie breaks smile

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
FREE! Science Fiction Sweet Romance
by AlyssakPatterson - 06/15/21 11:25 AM
Dreaming of Losing a Pet
by Jane Pierce - 06/01/21 05:08 AM
nike kyrie 5 en soldes
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:53 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:49 AM
adidas stan smith dames lichtblauw
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:47 AM
Dieser Ring aus Sterlingsilber eignet
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:45 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site