LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: My Tweetybird passed away today [Re: aaadraine&chicki] #401232 05/18/10 09:22 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
I think its a great idea...and you stay perky around her too as if nothing happened...they gave each other a feeling of being together last nite as if a flock would spend a nite together in the wild..so that was good.

Re: My Tweetybird passed away today [Re: illusive Fantasy] #401255 05/19/10 01:36 AM
A
Aida Offline
Friend
Friend
A
Hi Tweetymom,

Thought of you and Stella, how are you girls doin'? I did not realize that they are so emotional, I sincerely hope she (and you of course) feel better very very soon, I'm sure you will smile

Re: My Tweetybird passed away today [Re: Aida] #401256 05/19/10 01:53 AM
D
DebbyK1 Offline
D
My Billy is having a hard molt this time. He is sneezing and his nose looks funny above it. I will take him to the vet tomorrow. I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much I love my bird and I would fill a great loss without him

Re: My Tweetybird passed away today [Re: DebbyK1] #401259 05/19/10 02:05 AM
JeanneM Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Do you have a photo album of Tweety's pix that you could sit and look through as often as you like? I found that to be helpful.

JeanneM
Re: My Tweetybird passed away today [Re: tweetymom] #401267 05/19/10 02:48 AM
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
I am so sorry for your loss. I have no words for this, just wanted you to know I am thinking of you.

Re: My Tweetybird passed away today [Re: tweetymom] #401282 05/19/10 08:33 AM
tweetymom Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
Soon I'm gonna change to a thread going forward, but I don't seem ready to give it up yet. frown

@ Kelly, I don't feel like a good mom, I wish I had taken him in. frown They were in their approx second week of molt. Hindsight is just the worst thing! (that's not what I really wanted to say as an adult; use your imagination)!

@ Adrianne&C, thank you.

@ Aida, they are VERY emotional. The longer you have your budgie, you will see it. I will be ok, I just hope Stella will.

@ Jeanne, I have pics on my phone and computer. I'm having a problem right now about that. I need to get another phone, but I will not do that till I (or more likely friends) can figure out exactly where they ALL are, Merlins too, and how to get them someplace else! Grrrrrrrrrr. I wish I knew more about technical stuff!

@ BLR, You are right. There are no words and it's awful isn't it?! Thanks for thinking of me and Tweety and Stella.

@ Illusive, I'm trying to find ways to be up-beat for her and at the same time, acknowledge her grief and show her I understand. And BTW, nothing you say is "just a thought"! I appreciate anything you have to say. smile

Re putting them together: I'm not so sure of that now. Actually I'm not that sure that Julliet is a female! She is white, only a little bit of color so she has a pink cere with a little white around the nares and pink feet. She is bigger than Romena, and takes all her meanness, and defers to her, and warbles like a male, so I don't know! although they have never acted like a couple and the only time I've seen Romena in breeding mode was when she first came to live with us. That's when she immediately layed 7 eggs! (i know it was her since one popped out as I was walking by her cage one day). Ever since, she tried to move heaven and hell to get to Tweety. So if Julliet is a male, I can't put the two females together with him/her, and also, Stella is a layer. I have a handle on that, but she would lay if she/he is a male. I will have to really figure that out.

I'm going to try to get them in on Friday. It's a little over-whelming to think of getting all three of them herded and into the travel cage. Now that I said that, I realize I CAN'T put them all in the travel cage together! Waaaaaaaaa! maybe I will have to take her in Friday and the others on Monday! Anybody got advise?!

I looked on line today for parakeets grieving for mate, and got some interesting and daunting info.

1. Getting another friend for her could actually make it worse. She is already stressed out and a new bird will result in added stress. Also, there's the quarantine thing, especially since I don't know what Tweety actually died from. And she may even kill it, in her stress.

2. Keets often die shortly after their mate dies. Grieving parakeets are very susceptible to illness. Losing a mate causes stress which in turn causes the immune system to become compromised.

3. Sometimes keets will die from grief and no other reason can be found.

So I've got a lot to consider here and I'm even more worried now. A friend is going to keep coming over to visit with her a few times a day.

Worried keet lovers: I have a handle on my sorrow and sadness, for Stella. As I said above, I need to figure out how to be up-beat for her and at the same time show her that I understand her grief. As a flock member I have to grieve with them. She has SUCH expressive eyes. I can't ignore her grief, but at the same time now, after learning all this, I must find some way to take them forward. All advise I've read says it will take at least a month and possibly three months for her to come out of her grieving. This is horrible and any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin
Re: My Tweetybird passed away today [Re: BLR] #401283 05/19/10 08:34 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
How are things now, Dinah?
Have you been back to the vet?
Hope you and your birdies are ok. smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Re: My Tweetybird passed away today [Re: PDM] #401285 05/19/10 08:36 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Sorry, we posted at the same time smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Re: My Tweetybird passed away today [Re: tweetymom] #401287 05/19/10 08:47 AM
tweetymom Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
On another front, in looking for info today, I've seen the most horrible bird forums imaginable! One reply (to someone else) said: "It's just a parakeet, he's not actually grieving haha. It's only a bird."

Another said, "get him a friend. Don't forget the quarantine. Just put the cages next to each other right away, and in a few day you can put the new bird in with him."

Jeez. I don't even know what to say, except that I'm glad I found this forum.

Sorry such long posts.

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin
Re: My Tweetybird passed away today [Re: PDM] #401288 05/19/10 08:51 AM
tweetymom Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
Thanks PDM. We DID post at the same time! Thank you for inquiring. I think I covered it and more above! LOL

ESP? lol, as I run for cover! JK.

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
GARDEN FLOWERS
by ronyb - 02/24/21 12:51 PM
Yoga
by chandkumar3g - 02/04/21 02:58 PM
A Scanner Darkly!!
by EVA21SA - 02/01/21 09:45 AM
Policing
by EVA21SA - 01/31/21 08:28 AM
How many bullets?
by EVA21SA - 01/31/21 08:17 AM
Across the River is FREE
by EVA21SA - 01/29/21 09:04 AM
War and Fashion
by EVA21SA - 01/29/21 08:54 AM
Origami flower bouquets
by EVA21SA - 01/28/21 09:05 AM
NBA 2K21 unskippable ads"will probably be repaired
by Dingbest - 01/26/21 01:30 AM
So the jist of this ; Get CCB and recharge chaotic
by Dingbest - 01/26/21 01:29 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site