LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: New Owner! Question about perches. [Re: illusive Fantasy] #400384 05/06/10 11:07 PM
Keruru Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
It's a Vitacraft egg stick for parakeets. She's already made a little bit of a mess with it.

Yeah, it's really early to tell. I've just been calling her a girl because she almost seems like one, haha. I kind of hope she turns out to be a boy, though... We'll see. :3

Re: New Owner! Question about perches. [Re: Keruru] #400586 05/09/10 07:59 PM
Belesaria Offline
Regular
Regular
I just want to say your bird is really cute. I've always preferred blue parakeets to green ones, myself. And the pastel colors to the uber-bright ones.

Re: New Owner! Question about perches. [Re: Belesaria] #400605 05/09/10 10:16 PM
Keruru Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Haha, thanks! I prefer them too. She's not *quite* as pastel as the picture makes it seem, at least the blue isn't.

Re: New Owner! Question about perches. [Re: Keruru] #400608 05/09/10 11:34 PM
Belesaria Offline
Regular
Regular
That's funny, my bird's blue is MORE pastel than her picture makes her seem.

Re: New Owner! Question about perches. [Re: illusive Fantasy] #400774 05/12/10 08:16 PM
ILENE Offline
It is now almost two weeks that Birdee is with us and he/she is adjusting beautifully, we are able to put our hand in and he comes right up on our finger, we also took him out for th first time and he did great!!! He is chirping and singing alot more and loves the fresh fruit I have been giving him. I call Birdee he because I have a greta feeling it is a boy. I love reading everyones postings and am anxious to follow the progress of all the new bird owners and others. Right now i have no questions pertaining to Birdee, but I do want to know if anyone can help me to learn how to post pics, I would love to share Birdee with you. Thanks

Re: New Owner! Question about perches. [Re: ILENE] #400775 05/12/10 08:20 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
open a photo link for downloading like photobucket

www.photobucket.com

load your pics there and from there they supply links that you can use to upload them to here...

you would click on MY STUFF at top of these pages and there to my profile and in there you will see where and how to post nic pics for in here...for a starter

Re: New Owner! Question about perches. [Re: illusive Fantasy] #400779 05/12/10 08:27 PM
ILENE Offline
Thank you for responding i will do this and hopefully be successful to share photos.

Re: New Owner! Question about perches. [Re: ILENE] #400801 05/13/10 04:52 AM
Keruru Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
New question guys!

Since I've had Beck, she does this thing sometimes where it sounds like she's chewing on something or maybe even grinding her beak together. Sometimes it's just after having eaten, other times just when she's sitting on a perch. It just sounds like she's cracking a seed; it isn't very loud and she'll do it for a minute or two at least. It almost reminds me of hamsters when they keep food in their cheeks to eat later. Do birds do that?

Is this normal parakeet behavior or something I should be concerned about? I've never heard about it before.

Re: New Owner! Question about perches. [Re: Keruru] #400806 05/13/10 05:26 AM
Keruru Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
I'm thinking I should take her to my vet for a wellness check anyway. She's eating fine (especially her beloved millet, lol :P), but the beak clicking has me a little worried.

Occasionally, I also notice her flicking her head up a tiny bit, as if she has the hiccups. It's a very miniscule motion, but it persists every couple seconds for a few minutes. She hasn't been out of her cage, and she hasn't gotten into anything abnormal. I looked up signs of illness and didn't see this anywhere either.

I might be a little paranoid, but I think that's probably a good thing. Do you think a trip to the vet is warranted? Can't go wrong with a wellness check, it seems.

Re: New Owner! Question about perches. [Re: Keruru] #400808 05/13/10 05:47 AM
tweetymom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Hi Keruru. Your budgie is really cute! I love the colors.

The beak grinding thing, I know they will do that when they are about to go to sleep, perhaps there are other situations when they do that. I took it to mean they are feeling comfy and happy. Thinking about it now, mine do that too at odd times. A clicking noise and grinding.

The head thing, it may be just a weird little thing. Mine sometimes move their heads around, like they're doing the "robot" dance! i don't know how else to say it. lol Maybe someone else on here has some info to give us! smile

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Dreaming of Losing a Pet
by Jane Pierce - 06/01/21 05:08 AM
nike kyrie 5 en soldes
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:53 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:49 AM
adidas stan smith dames lichtblauw
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:47 AM
Dieser Ring aus Sterlingsilber eignet
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:45 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site