Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: HELP ASAP... KEET CATASROPHE [Re: kksuns] #399034 04/14/10 02:09 PM
M
MgateTina Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
M
LOL.... I was so nervous, Vet said cere will heal on its on because its more like she skimmed it then actually "broke" anything.. & then this morning, I went out in my yard to fill my bird feeders & 2 outdoor cats (which are regualrs in my area) were fighting.. So I go to break it up, Picture this.. Me.. right outta bed, PJ's & robe & flip flops,,, hop over wooden picket fence, robe gets caught.. point of picket fence slammed into my right butt cheek, and the rest of me hanging in the yard of my neighbors house (house behind mine) where the cats were viciously attacking 1 another.. OMG.. So, they run of ripping fur out & making these horrid noises.. into a crawl space below a house & I'm still trying to limp my way under the crawl space which is small, dark, and dirty, & lost sight of the cats, I'm a bruised bloddy mess, my knees, butt, hands, etc.. & I had no choice but to go back inside my house & wait.. only 1 cat came out, I'm afraid to check the crawlspace & see what happened to the other, But I am making my husband come home & do it... Only me... I would jump in front of a mac truck for an animal.. I wouldn't have it any other way.. However my butt disagrees with me on that.. So does my knees, hands, ankle & lower back.
Oy Vey... First Cleo gets shorter flying into the window, and next I'm face down into the dirt chasing fighting cats while my butt hangs off the fence... Yep.. Welcome to my world. I'm the dork who goes to the extreme for animals.

Re: HELP ASAP... KEET CATASROPHE [Re: MgateTina] #399036 04/14/10 02:55 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
ROFL!!!! Sorry Tina but you painted a VERY funny picture! Too bad ya didn't get it on film. Definitely America's Funniest Videos material. hahaha What a way to start your day.
And hey, I'd be the dork right beside ya going to extremes for animals!
Let's hear it for dorks! LOL

Glad you talked to vet. I bet that eases your mind huh?

Re: HELP ASAP... KEET CATASROPHE [Re: kksuns] #399039 04/14/10 04:47 PM
M
MgateTina Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
M
Yes, it was funny to watch & funny after the fact, nut I'm still worried bcs I have not seen the other cat... I will have to wait & see...

Back to Cleo... I'm worried again... It's not an often thing for Cleo to sleep with head tucked back.. Yes I've seen Cleo do this once in a while but NEVER like this. S/he is back to Sleeping for the last couple hours with her head tucked back & on a normal day when it's time for a nap, she usually perches on the favorite swing with one foot tucked & naps, this is definitely out of her character. WHen I called the vets just now, they told me to just keep an eye on her, it may take a few days for her "soreness" to subside & that bringing her in wouldn't matter... WTF is that.. Yes this morning she seemed back to her norm, but now it's not the norm, Cleo NEVER sleeps this much during the day with head tucked back especially... Again, I can count on 1 hand how many times I've seen Cleo do that in the year I've had her.. I am worried that this is a bad sign & she could just be suffering, and wind up dying any second.. I hate to sound morbid, but thats obviously my worst fear here... & The vets said nothing they can do.. REALLY??? I love my vet otherwise, they saved my cats life, and they have always been so amazing, but I am not happy with that answer from them.. Is this true.. nothing they can do really do for a keet concussion, or head injury? I am very worried now that Cleo is just gonna die, and I did nothing to help her.. Plus, attempting to get her out of cage to administer any aid, will only stress her out more, and possible cause more harm to any injury.. It's definitely head.. & this definitely is unlike her to have head tucked sleeping all this time.

Re: HELP ASAP... KEET CATASROPHE [Re: MgateTina] #399042 04/14/10 04:59 PM
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
She just suffered a trauma. She is sore and resting to recuperate. If you have ever been in a car accident than you know how sore even a small crash can make you. Yes there is the possibility that the injury could be serious, but since she made it thru the night I would say you can at least stop staying in a state of panic. Keep an eye on her. It sounds like she is perching just fine. Is she eating and is her poo normal?

Re: HELP ASAP... KEET CATASROPHE [Re: BLR] #399046 04/14/10 05:49 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
i understand your anxiety but consider if you will when a human may have a concusion and the procedures they would do ..cant exactly do any of those for a bird...to even attempt it im sure would be not a good outcome. We are all pulling for both of you and try to remain calm as birds are sensitive to our moods and can easily pick up on them..when we stress ..which is very hard not too under these circumstances they feel something is also not right just as you do with her and then that translates back to them..also yes, i agree with you i wouldnt do anything at this point to stress her further..ive watched Cappy when i first got him and he took his maiden flights bang into a few things ..often...does that mean all is ok ..no..but what im trying to say ..is it doesnt have to be bad either..time will tell...and all of us can only hope and pray for you and the bird...but i can understand the vets too when they said that..as the usually procedures to check for a problem of this nature just simply would not be advisable for a bird.

Re: HELP ASAP... KEET CATASROPHE [Re: illusive Fantasy] #399169 04/17/10 02:13 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Hi Tina,
Just checking in to see how Cleo is doing??

Re: HELP ASAP... KEET CATASROPHE [Re: illusive Fantasy] #399170 04/17/10 02:24 PM
M
MgateTina Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
M
UPDATE: Well it was a scary few days... I tried to take Cleo to vet the other day, but she was getting very very stressed out by attempt to get her, so to me & the vet (via phone) that was a VERY good sign, All in all Cleo took a few days to bounce back to be 100% & she is now great... Like nothing ever happened.. For days she slept with her tucked, always high on a perch, ate little food, and water, and did little preening, the vet said all good signs of no neck injury, but probably sleeping off the soreness of the head injury... But thankfully, Cleo is back to herself... 100% budgie behavior!! Thank you all soooo much for your help, input, and concern!

Re: HELP ASAP... KEET CATASROPHE [Re: MgateTina] #399172 04/17/10 02:33 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Hey you! It's sooo good to hear she's better. I can only imagine how worried you have been the past few days with her sleeping all tucked up and not eating much etc. Poor baby..poor you! lol
Anyway, glad she's on the mend and back to her old Cleo self smile
Has Piper been good to her?? Or maybe just avoiding the cranky pants?

Re: HELP ASAP... KEET CATASROPHE [Re: kksuns] #399174 04/17/10 02:45 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
It always great to hear a good ending to a scary stressfull situation...

Re: HELP ASAP... KEET CATASROPHE [Re: illusive Fantasy] #399182 04/17/10 08:12 PM
C
cyberbud Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
C
I'm so glad to hear she's better...but that was a long 4 days for you!

Kathy

"Many have forgotten this truth...You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
FREE! Science Fiction Sweet Romance
by AlyssakPatterson - 06/15/21 11:25 AM
Dreaming of Losing a Pet
by Jane Pierce - 06/01/21 05:08 AM
nike kyrie 5 en soldes
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:53 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:49 AM
adidas stan smith dames lichtblauw
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:47 AM
Dieser Ring aus Sterlingsilber eignet
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:45 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site