Print Thread
Keeter roundup! #398938 04/12/10 10:05 PM
C
cyberbud Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
C
I don't know what's gotten into my keets lately but they've been a handful. We have a night time routine, but last night it was like they had a cooked up a plan to avoid lights out.

Thirty minutes after I turned off the light next to their cage, their cue lights out is coming, I went to close the doors, both were inside the cage. I walked up to the cage, and as if on cue, they took off each flying out of a different cage door.

One went to hide in the ceiling light(turned off), the other flattened herself on the carpet next to the fireplace. It took me awhile to find them!

It was too well choreographed to not have some devious keeter plot behind it!

How did they know I found the sweetest green cheek conure on Saturday??

I think I'll stick with keets! Wish me luck tonight who knows what they've cooked up while I was at work?

Kathy

"Many have forgotten this truth...You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
Re: Keeter roundup! [Re: cyberbud] #398939 04/12/10 10:26 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
Cracking up here ..was just a week or so ago mentioning this sort of behavior with Cappy..he knows the routine but refused to shut up and go to bed..sooooo just for a few minutes i uncovered him again and just sat there and talked softly to him like a kid who just needs those few little words before going ok ma im now ready to go to sleep.

Yep its spring and the little rascals are gonna just try to push those buttons in a playful way on us. So its just a matter of letting it play out and going along for the ride, till it burns itself out. But not to encourage it either..we got our work cut out for us. giggle

Re: Keeter roundup! [Re: illusive Fantasy] #398946 04/13/10 02:28 AM
C
cyberbud Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
C
I think you're right...Spring is in the air. They were stinkers again tonight about going to sleep. :-)

"Many have forgotten this truth...You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
Re: Keeter roundup! [Re: cyberbud] #398950 04/13/10 03:27 AM
tweetymom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Kathy that is so funny! And absolutely planned, I think! Hiding from you! LMAO!!! Priceless!

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin
Re: Keeter roundup! [Re: tweetymom] #398972 04/13/10 04:10 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
LOL "devious keeter plot" I bet you're right, I swear they plan things! A little game of hide n seek perhaps? ROFL Wiseguys!
My guys have been extremely rambunctious lately too. Busy busy busy!! Must be a spring thing. And they too are taking longer to settle down. Little chatter boxes for at least an hr or more after covering for the night.

Yaaaay Spring! I know I had had enough of the winter blues. And I'm sure our feathered ones have too.

Re: Keeter roundup! [Re: cyberbud] #398984 04/13/10 06:29 PM
M
MgateTina Offline
Companion
Companion
M
I have 2 keets & a green cheek... Green Cheeks are THE SWEETEST.. I love my keets, But I'll stick with My GC!!

Last edited by MgateTina; 04/13/10 06:30 PM.

Re: Keeter roundup! [Re: MgateTina] #399002 04/13/10 10:05 PM
C
cyberbud Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
C
The GC I know of is the sweetest thing but right now things are busy, busy, busy and I've got my hands full with work and keets. The time just isn't right...sigh.

Kathy

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
FREE! Science Fiction Sweet Romance
by AlyssakPatterson - 06/15/21 11:25 AM
Dreaming of Losing a Pet
by Jane Pierce - 06/01/21 05:08 AM
nike kyrie 5 en soldes
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:53 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:49 AM
adidas stan smith dames lichtblauw
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:47 AM
Dieser Ring aus Sterlingsilber eignet
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:45 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site