Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
no longer interested in me #397296 03/19/10 02:56 AM
Puds Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
Puddles is going thru a bit of a behavioral change. Its not bad, but i am feeling left out. i think its due to the beautiful spring days, but again...i feel she is rejecting me after many many months of hours and hours a day of playing. small example is today. i got home at 1030 am like i always do, say my greatings and open her door. instead of her doing a happy head bob and chirping at me, she ran to her toy and chew on it for over a hour.... when she decided she would come out she did not want to do the normal things we do together. i usually hold her, play with her little toys and get a bath....generally that time spent doing that is far exceeding 2-3 hours, but only about 25 minutes today, then she flew back to her cage and started to shred more papers and perches.

then tonight when i wanted to get her out, she simply flew from me to her playstand and back about 10 timmes. After that she camly sat down on my leg and we started to play, but again only for a half hour, then she went back to her cage and her toys.

3 days ago i had to spend 24 hours with my sister, is this change due to me not being with her one on one for so long? I am wondering, could you guys suggest new things i can do with her outside her cage so its fun ( like the toys in her cage). OR IS my parakeet growing up and like a teenager she doeset want to be with her mother all the time? BTW she is also finishing one of her moults, but i do not think all these changes are from her moulting.

Thanks ahead for advice

New pics soon smile
Re: no longer interested in me [Re: Puds] #397303 03/19/10 07:06 AM
tweetymom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
BUMP

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin
Re: no longer interested in me [Re: tweetymom] #397313 03/19/10 08:00 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
they go thru dramatic bodily changes hormone/testosterone during first moult and subsequent moults..dont force time with her she simply isnt comfortable with the moult right now ..seasonal changes..and new curiousities...when she is ready to interact with you she will even tho those moments are now brief..she is gaining her independence and testing it but you will always be her primary source of comfort and safety and fun unless she gets a mate so dont worry..this shift in time will again shift...now its important to cement all the days of training and instilling confidence and trust by letting her come to you by her own choice of willingness...this time...will be the polish to the diamond if you dont force or become stressed over it cuz they are amazing at sensing stress...relax and watch her take on her new adventures of learning ..

Re: no longer interested in me [Re: illusive Fantasy] #397318 03/19/10 10:21 PM
C
cyberbud Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
C
Don't take it so personally. It sounds like your keet is just exploring new things but you are still her flock!!!!

Kathy

"Many have forgotten this truth...You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
Re: no longer interested in me [Re: cyberbud] #397319 03/19/10 10:47 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
No worries Carly Jo..Puds will ALWAYS love you. You're her #1!!!
Between the moulting and spring....Geesh I think they're all a little off now days and doing crazy out of character things. I know my guys are. Spring is in the air!! LOL
Oh, any chance she might be going in to breeding mode? She IS getting older and not a baby anymore frown and what with spring having sprung, I would think that might put the girls in the mode err mood? haha...Any change in her cere?
Not that I know whether or not they are out of character during breeding mode since I have 2 boys! LOL But those hormones do crazy things to all of us. Just a thought

Last edited by kksuns; 03/19/10 10:50 PM.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Dreaming of Losing a Pet
by Jane Pierce - 06/01/21 05:08 AM
nike kyrie 5 en soldes
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:53 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:49 AM
adidas stan smith dames lichtblauw
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:47 AM
Dieser Ring aus Sterlingsilber eignet
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:45 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site